Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I know but who wants to switch sides in between the game to change it for the AI.
Another email received this morning -

Thanks for contacting support, we are aware of it and will change the default of the WK position to be Up instead of normal, for the time being, users can access tactics and change WK position to be Up instead of Normal.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Thanks for contacting support, we are aware of it and will change the default of the WK position to be Up instead of normal, for the time being, users can access tactics and change WK position to be Up instead of Normal.
Probably won't be a hotfix I guess

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And literally as I say that, there is a hotfix coming out on steam (22mb) :sweat:

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WK issue has been fixed with a small update on steam.

Hester

County Cricketer
Also for folks having AI collapse issues, mine seem to be helped (if not resolved) by setting run rate to 50 for all formats.

despite earlier sliders saying to change the setting across formats, I think Big Ant have built run rate scaling into the game on a more effective level, so run rate 50 seems to produce better outcomes in T20/ODI/Tests.

appreciate if anyone else can confirm if you've been noticing more realistic outcomes with this setting.

My current AI sliders across all formats are similar to @Gamer Pradosh ODI settings: Legend/50/50/70/50. Maybe increase wicket chance if you're running a bowling save, and improve AI Striker Timing if you haven't to make all AI better at playing the ball.
Run rate at 50 for tests results in at least 3 AI run outs per innings.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And

And what about default WK position on pace bowling? Is that UP too?
I think it's just normal like how it's used to be. To be honest didn't pay much attention to WK against pace bowling. Was there any issue before?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Since the latest patch I can't seem to download any teams or logos. Can't customize team uniforms either. It keeps saying something like data save error. Anyone else having a similar issue or is it just me? (Playing on Xbox One).

Hester

County Cricketer
I think it's just normal like how it's used to be. To be honest didn't pay much attention to WK against pace bowling. Was there any issue before?
No, but if they've changed the default position to UP, then I have little doubt that means default UP for pace bowlers too.

Hester

County Cricketer

Their explanation is absolute nonsense and a clear indicator that they either have no clue what they're doing or the game is being sabotaged.

There was nothing wrong with WK default positions before the update. So someone altered the code to change (break) the default WK position for spinners, then added it to the patch.

Why?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Their explanation is absolute nonsense and a clear indicator that they either have no clue what they're doing or the game is being sabotaged.

There was nothing wrong with WK default positions before the update. So someone altered the code to change (break) the default WK position for spinners, then added it to the patch.

Why?
I'm guessing but maybe something was done to trying and rectify keepers taking catches in front of the stumps.

Users who are viewing this thread