Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is this on arcade on pro controls ? Can you please tell for both. The way I understand it, what you are saying is we fix the direction of the shot based on the line of the ball and then let go of the direction button before the ball is delivered. Is my understanding correct ?
sorry mine is for Pro controls

Skillzy

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell me why early shots are too op even on Hardest Batting. Btw I use Standard control. What should I do to make this game fun. Cricket 19 was way better in every department after its last update.

Skillzy

School Cricketer
Just bought the game recently So Let me just cross-check on bugs
- I feel like Character's Head (Batters) is too small while using the Fixed Far camera?
- Pitch just doesn't deteriorate, Also It looks mostly same in every condition.
- Early Timed Shots too op. (Hardest)
- Atrocious AI Fielding.
If I can fix some of them by sliders or settings.

Last edited:

Racky

Club Cricketer
Been continuing my test tournament and I'm winning most games by an innings. I can score around 450 on average, so am going to adjust the batting settings some more but the AI are still scoring too low, around 220 in 75- 80 overs.

I had the AI timing set to 60 with wicket chance at 40. The AI would never edge the ball to WK or slips, so I changed timing to 50 and saw edges. So now I'm thinking of reducing wicket chance to 30 but am worried that might effect edges.

Bizzarely, when I first played this game and had the AI set to medium, they would bat for 100 overs and score around 300 runs but on harder levels, they score fewer runs.

What do you guys have your test AI timing and wicket chance set to and are you seeing AI edges?

Edit: I should add that I have the AI on Veteran
I have played hours and now have A1 on pro ,wicket chance ,Al strike ,run rate on 50. No silly run outs , the difference is take all assists on pitch marker , bowling HUD , batting HUD etc it makes it feel so natural , but batting timing edge on zero it's a game changer.also Fielding manual and lots of edges .I've worked out the lower the A1 the better the game

Hester

County Cricketer
I have played hours and now have A1 on pro ,wicket chance ,Al strike ,run rate on 50. No silly run outs , the difference is take all assists on pitch marker , bowling HUD , batting HUD etc it makes it feel so natural , but batting timing edge on zero it's a game changer.also Fielding manual and lots of edges .I've worked out the lower the A1 the better the game
This is very interesting. I've upped the AI to LEGEND and they did no better than usual but there were some silly run outs and bizarre wickets in general.
I'm going to try one more test on LEGEND to see if the AI score properly and if they don't, or if the game continues to be weird, I'll lower their skill level and make things harder for myself.

Edit: I originally said the AI were on veteran but I'd upped them to Legend.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
What’s the batting timing edge mate ?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I just enjoy the immersive commentary
I switched this off after a month, they just repeat the same lines and then each others lines so the amount of lines in total is very small.
Post automatically merged:

Bug ant will add them in Cricket 23: Crossplay Edition
And recliners for the fielders when they decide to pick the ball up and throw it in the general direction of the pitch?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

I mean, at least he didn't dive??
That's just one thing I am talking about the other is when they pull off a great boundary save only for the player backing up to stand there thinking about throwing the ball back in, the delay is awful.

Racky

Club Cricketer
Meant assists of sorry not
What’s the batting timing edge mate ?
Sorry meant miss input influence on zero and visual speed bowling on 85 . playing test championship A1 scored 340 1st with no run out ,I got 225 ,2nd they are 80 /4 lots of edges

Hester

County Cricketer
Good lord, it's almost impossible to take wickets with fast bowlers on Legend difficulty...
I mean, look at this nonsense. My only wicket using a pace bowler was from an exploit to make sure the game was still alive.ebf4f04e-1448-4a36-bae6-0164e7fab414.png

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Meant assists of sorry not

Sorry meant miss input influence on zero and visual speed bowling on 85 . playing test championship A1 scored 340 1st with no run out ,I got 225 ,2nd they are 80 /4 lots of edges
Yeh I’ve got that on 0 so much better feel wise

Users who are viewing this thread