Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Skillzy

School Cricketer
If I increase Ball Marker display time, it doesn't seem to make difference in Pitch marker timing against the pacer (Only Behind Batsman Camera). While it's working for the spinners.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The ball hitting sound is incredible. This sound is long time request to developers. On PS5, the ball hitting sounds are awful.

Attachments

• tweeload_e378800b.mp4
    6.9 MB · Views: 0

falehan072

Club Cricketer
Hi guys, I downloaded Cricket 22 from the Xbox game pass. After launching the game my controller (Xbox one wireless controller) isn't working properly. I cant go to settings, I cant play any shots. Can anyone help me understand what's happening? The controller works fine in other games.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
The ball hitting sound is incredible. This sound is long time request to developers. On PS5, the ball hitting sounds are awful.
It's more frustrating considering how well the Nets Challenge looked and sounded.

Hester

County Cricketer
Ball hitting sounds on every version of the game are the same. They're all awful, not just ps5, and nothing like real life. Most of the audio in the game is pretty awful.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Ball hitting sounds on every version of the game are the same. They're all awful, not just ps5, and nothing like real life. Most of the audio in the game is pretty awful.
I find the nets indoors sound great. The only issues I have with sound in a match is the crowd. Its immersion breaking hearing bogans counting down for a wave in India or Pakistan lol.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I feel, for a long time, the whole community is trying various sliders settings and experimenting, still many slider setting and its impact are not well known. May be developers can help out with a tutorial video on these sliders.

I have shelved the game sometime back, hoping patches make the game better atleast by end of 2022.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
We all are watching England vs New Zealand test match currently being played at Lord’s. Big Ant can take a look at the daylight and weather. They seriously need to correct the stadium shadows and the floodlights being on even in test match played at daytime in lords. It looks so odd when a red ball test cricket is played with full flood lights on.

Hester

County Cricketer
I feel, for a long time, the whole community is trying various sliders settings and experimenting, still many slider setting and its impact are not well known. May be developers can help out with a tutorial video on these sliders.

I have shelved the game sometime back, hoping patches make the game better atleast by end of 2022.
Part of the problem is that most of the descriptions of the sliders are utter nonsense

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I find the nets indoors sound great. The only issues I have with sound in a match is the crowd. Its immersion breaking hearing bogans counting down for a wave in India or Pakistan lol.
Yes the crowd gets me more than anything there’s literally no sound at all most games no big cheers for boundaries etc

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I can honestly say that I enjoy shorter formats now. I get good catches both inner ring and on the boundary, lbw's and slip catches. I always struggle with yorkers since C19. The fielding is still a bit frustrating but better than the previous patch. Test matches are now the complete opposite and will hopefully be fixed in next patch.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
We all are watching England vs New Zealand test match currently being played at Lord’s. Big Ant can take a look at the daylight and weather. They seriously need to correct the stadium shadows and the floodlights being on even in test match played at daytime in lords. It looks so odd when a red ball test cricket is played with full flood lights on.

Floodlights were literally on today. If you're looking for an example, England is not it :laughter:

macman

School Cricketer
Hi guys, I downloaded Cricket 22 from the Xbox game pass. After launching the game my controller (Xbox one wireless controller) isn't working properly. I cant go to settings, I cant play any shots. Can anyone help me understand what's happening? The controller works fine in other games.
I downloaded Cricket 22 on Game Pass too on my Series X. Controller is fine with my version. Have you updated the controller software in Settings on the actual Xbox One? Chances are its the game just screwing it up… one of its many bugs.

I played the game for about 20 minutes but simply couldnt stand it any more. Looks worse than C19 that I just couldnt get into it. Such a disappointment for a supposed sequel and upgrade.

I was playing the game from the Cloud, but it was terribly glitchy that also made it unplayable, even though I have strong broadband wifi.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I was told a while back from Matt that shots and precise shots power are determined by the right stick. If you gently nudge the stick (not all the way over) it is a less powerful shot than flicking all the way over.
It is the triggers that allow for fine adjustment, so partially pressing LT/RT (L2/R2) for adjusting the power of shots, not the sticks.

Nudging is a bad idea, not only does it not make a difference, if you don't pass the controller's dead zone you'd not play a shot (which is the main reason that it's not the control - at least on the triggers at worst you play a different strength of shot than you intended).

Users who are viewing this thread