Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm a bit concerned that all I'm seeing for updates about Cricket 22 is improvements to aesthetics and fake modes. Having more licensed teams and competitions is great but some of the real basics of the game were missing before, things like weather and pitch types having a visible impact on the play, the ball deterioration causing it to behave differently, setting a batsman up and even proper basics like keepers letting bouncers go for four and fielders allowing balls to go past them.

Hopefully they'll have focused on the basics rather than making the game simply look better
Most sensible post I have seen on here! These are are vital tweaks that are needed that stopped 19 from being brilliant

Harigoks

County Cricketer
It's nice to see that stepping out or advanced shot looks better. Not like some stick holding a stick to hit a ball. If we can get sweep shots to go over boundry, I guess thats a huge deal braker....

Wealey

ICC Board Member
For me:
Realistic Pitch Characteristics

Outfield Catches

Improved Ball Physics

Weather conditions impacting a game

And more control over where I’m bowling with realistic bounce and AI shot selection.

With a few added animations to enhance the realism and I’d be happy!

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
The Lighting looks great! Batting looks more fluid and realistic and every shot seems to have been tweaked. Some shots do happen a bit suddenly and look weird though. It might be because of not timing it correctly but still..... I hope there is a backfoot pull shot or something you could play towards midwicket/mid on to add expanse towards legside. [In Cricket 19, it was assigned to the category of unorthodox shots.] The unorthodox shots look more effective and that one advanced shot seems to have taken inspiration from cricket 07. Not surprised with that. As for the bowling, can't say much but it looks like there are 3 types of controls now. Arcade, Standard and Pro (classic), which is welcoming I guess. (Though can't tell what this aftertouch is. I hope that change is for the better.) The overlay......looks ok but it doesn't look eye catching for me. Hopefully there will be many other overlays this time. [Specific to matches or optional] [That 40kph is nice too lol]

Would love to see other major things (Such as more action animations, pitch, weather and wicket affecting matches, a user friendly statistical view of the match, ultra edge version of big eye, improved fielding and enabling running and walking between wickets [which would in turn affect stamina], advanced grounded shots for standard controls [not a big thing for me but still would be good.] normal ratings also being shown along with overall rating, more immersive career mode, more eye catching cutscenes, better commentary etc.., get added as well.) Cricket 19 is still rock solid but it's filled with MANY minute holes like these which didn't allow it to become a masterpiece. [Physics especially need a rework since that imo is the worst part of C19.]

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Batting looks more fluid and every shot seems to have been tweaked. I hope there is a backfoot pull shot or something you could play towards midwicket to add expanse to legside. In Cricket 19, it was assigned to unorthodox shot. The unorthodox shots look more effective and that one advanced shot seems to have taken inspiration from cricket 07. Not surprised with that.

As for the bowling, can't say much but it looks like there are 3 types of controls now. Arcade, Standard and Pro.
I’m not a fan of the cover drive that has the bat face pointing to cover but the ball goes hard through mid off.. that’s old and looks terrible.

the cut shot is certainly better!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I’m not a fan of the cover drive that has the bat face pointing to cover but the ball goes hard through mid off.. that’s old and looks terrible.

the cut shot is certainly better!
Oh yeah the front foot cut can certainly make the point and backward point region really accessible and to top that it looks like a clean shot animation too.. I liked the advanced loft as well along with the scoop which was executed as it should.. But that cover drive going as off drive would like that to get a farewell.. Bat angles for different shots on off could make it lot clean and smooth visually..

One thing which has always bothered me even in Cricket 19 is the timing meter, never felt like it gave a proper response and I always have recommended people to switch that off and get the feel off the bat..

Users who are viewing this thread