Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wizle

Club Cricketer
Does anyone know if the Zimbabwean domestic structure is available to play with in Career Mode? Still waiting to find out so I can decide whether to pull the trigger on the purchase or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated from those who’ve already bought the game

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anyone on ps5 able to play a forward defensive on the off side?

as you can see here I can play attacking shots to the off side but not defensive.

tried with 2 controllers.

they made a cricket game without a forward defensive. Let that sink in.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I

Is this another patch or just the day one patch ?
I think it is, hair/beards look way better than last night.

Edit: Playing a bit after the patch, textures are much more crisp. Pitch looks great for example. Clouds still have that weird lines texture sometimes, hard to explain (if you remember the old analogue tv's and the distortion lines).

Last edited:

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just hope it's available in the UK in 2 hours.

Oddly, the game started working early for me in the UK at approx 21:30 GMT after I preloaded it earlier this afternoon.
-----***-----

However, it certainly hasn't been worth the wait. (I'm playing Xbox One X & I can see some significant differences to live streams I've seen for PS 4/5 or possibly Xbox Series X/S.)

I can't set up my career player appearance properly at all because most of the boxes with, for example, the different hair cuts, beards, & countless other options are a blank grey with no options available.

My career player set up zoom is also far too close in, so you can't even reliably choose the batting type, bowling type or many other options as above because they're not actually in view. (Yes, I'm aware if the different types from previous iterations or seeing game streams, but it's a shocking mess up by Big Ant (again).)

I'm a long term DBC 17 & Cricket 19 owner, plus a lot of Ashes Cricket via Game Pass & I'm utterly shocked at the state of this release. I can't believe they've allowed it to be released in such a terrible unfinished state. (I also tried out the tutorials just to see how well they'd made them after claiming new players would find them a welcome improvement, only the tutorial goals randomly stop triggering, you can't advance, & there's no alternative than to repeatedly quit the tutorials unfinished. (Great help to new players!!). They're a mess!! The bowling tutorial is also affected by the same bug that the early nets practice had where the game registers the foot plant input but completely fails to recognise the release input. Consequently, bowling is impossible.

Not to mention, I'm also suffering from many of the problems many others have reported here too. They've simply carried an awful lot of the bugs & issues that affected Cricket 19 straight over to Cricket 22. It's quite literally Cricket 19 re-skinned with many of the same bugs/complaints & some new ones to boot.

There is a lot of good too yes, there's no denying that, but right now that's being completely overshadowed by what appears to be pure laziness, arrogance, or outright ineptitude.

I am not gonna bother reporting bugs. What an utter dissapointment. I would've liked a bowling action DLC for Cricket 19 instead.

Can't say I blame you, at this stage I'm so disheartened I can't be bothered right now either :(. (That's not to say I won't help identify/report bugs etc., I just can't believe they've pumped this game out claiming it's the best yet to experience such basic issues that they can't possibly have missed in development & they've simply chosen to ignore them instead citing development during COVID.)

MJT1994

Club Captain
I probably should have seen this coming after it was clear they were going with the old wicked witch/tru blu AFL evolution strategy of showing nothing before the game comes out.

Madhona Khan Singh

School Cricketer
Oddly, the game started working early for me in the UK at approx 21:30 GMT after I preloaded it earlier this afternoon.
-----***-----

However, it certainly hasn't been worth the wait. (I'm playing Xbox One X & I can see some significant differences to live streams I've seen for PS 4/5 or possibly Xbox Series X/S.)

I can't set up my career player appearance properly at all because most of the boxes with, for example, the different hair cuts, beards, & countless other options are a blank grey with no options available.

My career player set up zoom is also far too close in, so you can't even reliably choose the batting type, bowling type or many other options as above because they're not actually in view. (Yes, I'm aware if the different types from previous iterations or seeing game streams, but it's a shocking mess up by Big Ant (again).)

I'm a long term DBC 17 & Cricket 19 owner, plus a lot of Ashes Cricket via Game Pass & I'm utterly shocked at the state of this release. I can't believe they've allowed it to be released in such a terrible unfinished state. (I also tried out the tutorials just to see how well they'd made them after claiming new players would find them a welcome improvement, only the tutorial goals randomly stop triggering, you can't advance, & there's no alternative than to repeatedly quit the tutorials unfinished. (Great help to new players!!). They're a mess!! The bowling tutorial is also affected by the same bug that the early nets practice had where the game registers the foot plant input but completely fails to recognise the release input. Consequently, bowling is impossible.

Not to mention, I'm also suffering from many of the problems many others have reported here too. They've simply carried an awful lot of the bugs & issues that affected Cricket 19 straight over to Cricket 22. It's quite literally Cricket 19 re-skinned with many of the same bugs/complaints & some new ones to boot.

There is a lot of good too yes, there's no denying that, but right now that's being completely overshadowed by what appears to be pure laziness, arrogance, or outright ineptitude.

Can't say I blame you, at this stage I'm so disheartened I can't be bothered right now either :(. (That's not to say I won't help identify/report bugs etc., I just can't believe they've pumped this game out claiming it's the best yet to experience such basic issues that they can't possibly have missed in development & they've simply chosen to ignore them instead citing development during COVID.)
To be honest, I'm not surprised. This is classic Bug Ant.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

as you can see here I can play attacking shots to the off side but not defensive.

Ah thats my only shot. Am not buying it now :lol

D

Deleted member 193590

-----***-----

Sorry to hear that,won't be able to play till tomorrow afternoon,but i'm hoping it will run ok on the Series S.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The difference of this game title with previous games is cricket 22 Is the product of Work from Home .

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England

I'm having this after the second patch for PC. Can't lay bat on ball defensively. Was not having this issue prior to the patch... so about half-hour ago. :facepalm

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't see why a diving mechanic doesn't exist for fielding, if this was included I'm sure it would solve the issue of fielders sliding over the boundary. There is of course the flick the ball back mechanic but that only works if you're within a millimetre of the ball. Diving to stop boundaries should've already been a mechanic present in previous cricket titles but it has never been and continues not to be in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread