Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The problem I have when watching game-play footage (bowling specifically) is I can't even see any attempt to improve it, like implementing new things that have gone a bit wrong. It just looks like they took the C19 game-play and somehow buggered it up.

So disappointing.
Personally, the game feels fairly different to C19. The fielding animations are largely there from 19 but feel better.

There are some bugs with AI running between wickets, and running in between wickets in general feels delayed and sluggish, but those things can be improved.

I'm having fun, hope I'm sounding like a white knight, shill kind of guy.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Seems like quite a few people are disappointment at the moment, can empathise. Personally, a few bugs aside, I've been having fun. Playing on hard has been a real challenge.
Finally a comment, that I can agree with based om my personal playing experience. Really enjoyed playing on Steam, it crashed during a T20I match and I slept after that.

I don't regret getting it on Steam and PS4.

B

Bigby Wolf

Personally I like the game as well.

Its been fun playing for me few irritating bugs aside the gameplay is really good and as always BA games have been with issues on Day 1 release only to be patched later to make it more stable.

Played a Test match on Hard Difficulty got England out for 267 initially with pro controls was bowling a lot of no balls but got the hang of it with especially with after touch and was getting some nice movement and varied dismissal.

Batting wise I feel the either the pull shots are overpowered or I was nailing it :d got a fifty with Warner in around 45 balls on Legend Hard batting anything short of length I was able to play all the shots hook and play (both aggressive and ground).

This is where the credit has to go to the beta guys who did well in the last two iterations - Ashes and Cricket 19 the games were lot stable and were great to play for all kind of users right from Day 1.

Hopefully in the coming patches the issues are addressed and fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm really enjoying the batting in career mode, the new shots make it fun as. Especially as a tailender trying to slog, the T20 shots get a working over.
AI late cutting my bowling is nice. Those bastards.

Reactions: DAP

angad

Chairman of Consent
I am watching gameplay livestream from sherry the gamer, looks like all the AI fielding bugs are carried over from C19. Common did BA never noticed those bugs???

After playing the game for quite sometime today, I have mixed feelings about it now (as compared to earlier where I was just bashing it)!

Yes there are a lot of bugs and a lot of issues that have been carried over from 19 and a lot of issues that have not been addressed at all, which is very very disappointing!

But there are positives too! Graphically the game looks better than C19 and plays really smooth (playing on ps5). Ball physics really look good and the smoothness in the way the ball hits the bat and then flies away and also when it pitches on the wicket and zips past the batsman…it’s really something im liking a lot!
Batting looks much much smoother than c19 which felt a lot more Jerky!

overall I see a lot of potential in the game
And hope BigAnt is able to address all the issues (mostly AI related) and the bugs and make this game much more enjoyable for everyone!

Last edited:

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Yeh really disappointed with the game! It’s like 0.75 steps forward in animations and 6 steps back in everything else! I really don’t see where all the development time went to (or maybe there wasn’t much development time for them if the same team was working on this game and the patches that were released for C19). Either ways, calling it the biggest cricket simulation they have ever released is almost false advertising! They have literally not touched any of the issues that were mentioned by numerous memebers of this forums even from the c19 beta stage! Really really disappointed with this effort!

I heard Mike saying in his interview with twistie how they have worked on the AI and I really had high hopes! But the AI is worse than previous iterations in this game!
But ross told to xbox guys one week back that the game they r playing is very old build. Was he lying lol

sashu_91

County Cricketer
But ross told to xbox guys one week back that the game they r playing is very old build. Was he lying lol
Now we can see why not much marketing, bcoz they know the game is half cooked for full price, poor interns, ross would be after their a**es now.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I bought at 12:01 am again after my pre-order got cancelled before on my PS5. Game needs a good patch for rectifying bugs. At present we can't select rain and always it's super sunny. Then the ball is not clearly visible before bowl while pressing L2+R2.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So somehow they've managed to bring out a game that's worse than the previous one? :D

Quite impressive to be fair.

It makes sense now why they didn't realise any footage of gameplay and instead just had that muppet Bajo distracting us with his nonsense.

B

Bigby Wolf

Regarding commentary Athers has just replaced Slats meanwhile Gower is refreshing to listen.

But yeah overall its not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread