Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You'd have especially enjoyed the first session, run rate was never above two, as i sought to see of Boult & Southee and be more aggressive against the lesser metronomic men like Wagner and De Grandhomme etc, got a few starts but apart from a 63 from Kieron Powell nobody has gone on.

Day two will begin tomorrow when ive caught up on all the action from the Gabba tonight.
May I know your slider settings please?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok, I finally got the latest patch (1.03) on PS4 in North America and spent some time playing the game. Here are my observations...

Match setup and slider settings:
1. I played a Tets match as England vs Australia at Gabba (Medium, Dry pitch).
2. Packed the England team with right handers. E.g., I added Ollie Pope, James Vince and Sam Billings to the lineup.
3. Pitch Bounce slider was set to 30. Rest of the Physics sliders were unchanged.
4. The AI difficult was Legend and the rest of the base difficulties other than Batting were set to Hard.
5. The base Batting difficulty was set as Medium with Ball Display Marker set to 80.

The Good
1. Overthrows are addressed. I did not see any overthrow while I was batting. There was always someone backing up and stopped the ball and I wasn't able to even get a single off overthrows.
2. Running between the wickets has been addressed and now you can easily take runs even after playing a shot off the backfoot. The running has become almost as easy as Cricket 19 with you able to take runs often even after hitting the ball to an infielder.
3. Slips and wkt keeper took all the edges that came their way.

The Bad
1. Everytime fielder hits the stumps, and that's quite often, an audio clip of fielding team appealing triggers. In fact fielding team is not even appealing most of the times but the audio plays and after a few times, it gets on your nerves and you want to mute TV.
2. Fielders hit the stump quite often and would put a hybrid of Jonty Rhodes, Ponting and Colin Bland to shame. Big Ant need to look at some stats to see that direct hits are a rare occasion and the probability reduces the farther the fielder is away from the stumps. In the match I played the Fin leg fielder hit the stumps directly nearly every time.
3. Fielding is improved but still poor. Fielder at the boundary stops the ball and freezes for a few seconds allowing the batsman to run 4 instead of 2. Can't say much about catching as I played a Test and other than edges to slip & wkt keeper, I didn't give a chance to other fielders but all the dges were taken.
4. Field sets are still poor and don't factor in where you're scoring runs. You can play the same shot and score 4 boundaries in a row but the AI doesn't react. It changes the field randomly similar to Cricket 19 and I couldn't decipher any reasoning for the same. Don't think the term "AI" does justice to whatever logic determines field changes.
5. The wagon wheel only captures 19 or 20 scoring shots. No matter how many runs you score, the wagon wheel only shows just a few random scoring shots, which is a huge bummer for folks who're into stats.

Batting
Now coming to my favorite part - Batting! The bad news is batting is "random", and that's the best way to put it, and here're some points regarding the same...
1. Leg side shots are much more powerful and easy to play compared to off side shots. And pulling the ball for a 4 is a pretty easy task.
2. Off side shots are under-powered compared to leg side shots and unfortunately Big Ant has never been able to nail the balance. If they had taken Cricket 19 batting through the off side, and added leg side shots from Cricket 22, we would've had a pretty good batting experience.
3. Cover drives are still broken. When you hit shots through the off side against pacers, it goes to a few select areas - Cover fielder, Extra cover (where AI never puts a fielder), and Point.
4. I was able to finally play a couple of shots against pacers through the gap between Cover and Point. What I found was the shot triggers randomly when the ball is way outside off and the RS is pushed at 3'o clock (batting far camera) or 9'o clock (broadcast cam). Majority of shots still go to Cover and Point region when the RS is at 3'o clock but if the line is wide enough the ball races through the gap between Cover and Point.
5. Continuing the theme from earlier point, I took the stance outside leg - essentially batsman standing nearl 5th or 6th stump on the leg side. I saw that I was able to hit the gap between Cover and Point more regularly thus proving that the way to hit that specific gap was dependent on the line, i.e. way wide off the stump which is not practical in real life.
6. I didn't face the same challenge with spinners with me able to hit the ball anywhere properly on the off side. Thus the issue is limited to facing pacers, which is similar to not able to play a forward defensive shot against pacers on the off side.

P.S: I played standard shots without using any triggers/modifiers (L2/R2).

Overall, folks who're not hung up on batting and don't really care how they score runs and are fine with randomness while batting will find the game fun to play. But if you're looking for a batting simulator, and play cricket games for batting, you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Out of so much negativity Let put some positive points over cricket 19 for cricket 22 in respective to Test and others

1 - Game is smooth and fast .
2 - Realistic Bowling actions
3 - Variety of shots introduced
4 - Much better defensive shots timing , not possible to be defensive all time
5 - Close Circle fielders are good enough you prevent take every single run
6 - Better HUD and UI
7 - Now After Patch Outside fielders got Improved
8 - Better AI while Batting
9 - Best Career mode
10 - BBL Introduced and More Licensed Teams

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok, I finally got the latest patch (1.03) on PS4 in North America and spent some time playing the game. Here are my observations...

Match setup and slider settings:
1. I played a Tets match as England vs Australia at Gabba (Medium, Dry pitch).
2. Packed the England team with right handers. E.g., I added Ollie Pope, James Vince and Sam Billings to the lineup.
3. Pitch Bounce slider was set to 30. Rest of the Physics sliders were unchanged.
4. The AI difficult was Legend and the rest of the base difficulties other than Batting were set to Hard.
5. The base Batting difficulty was set as Medium with Ball Display Marker set to 80.

The Good
1. Overthrows are addressed. I did not see any overthrow while I was batting. There was always someone backing up and stopped the ball and I wasn't able to even get a single off overthrows.
2. Running between the wickets has been addressed and now you can easily take runs even after playing a shot off the backfoot. The running has become almost as easy as Cricket 19 with you able to take runs often even after hitting the ball to an infielder.
3. Slips and wkt keeper took all the edges that came their way.

The Bad
1. Everytime fielder hits the stumps, and that's quite often, an audio clip of fielding team appealing triggers. In fact fielding team is not even appealing most of the times but the audio plays and after a few times, it gets on your nerves and you want to mute TV.
2. Fielders hit the stump quite often and would put a hybrid of Jonty Rhodes, Ponting and Colin Bland to shame. Big Ant need to look at some stats to see that direct hits are a rare occasion and the probability reduces the farther the fielder is away from the stumps. In the match I played the Fin leg fielder hit the stumps directly nearly every time.
3. Fielding is improved but still poor. Fielder at the boundary stops the ball and freezes for a few seconds allowing the batsman to run 4 instead of 2. Can't say much about catching as I played a Test and other than edges to slip & wkt keeper, I didn't give a chance to other fielders but all the dges were taken.
4. Field sets are still poor and don't factor in where you're scoring runs. You can play the same shot and score 4 boundaries in a row but the AI doesn't react. It changes the field randomly similar to Cricket 19 and I couldn't decipher any reasoning for the same. Don't think the term "AI" does justice to whatever logic determines field changes.
5. The wagon wheel only captures 19 or 20 scoring shots. No matter how many runs you score, the wagon wheel only shows just a few random scoring shots, which is a huge bummer for folks who're into stats.

Batting
Now coming to my favorite part - Batting! The bad news is batting is "random", and that's the best way to put it, and here're some points regarding the same...
1. Leg side shots are much more powerful and easy to play compared to off side shots. And pulling the ball for a 4 is a pretty easy task.
2. Off side shots are under-powered compared to leg side shots and unfortunately Big Ant has never been able to nail the balance. If they had taken Cricket 19 batting through the off side, and added leg side shots from Cricket 22, we would've had a pretty good batting experience.
3. Cover drives are still broken. When you hit shots through the off side against pacers, it goes to a few select areas - Cover fielder, Extra cover (where AI never puts a fielder), and Point.
4. I was able to finally play a couple of shots against pacers through the gap between Cover and Point. What I found was the shot triggers randomly when the ball is way outside off and the RS is pushed at 3'o clock (batting far camera) or 9'o clock (broadcast cam). Majority of shots still go to Cover and Point region when the RS is at 3'o clock but if the line is wide enough the ball races through the gap between Cover and Point.
5. Continuing the theme from earlier point, I took the stance outside leg - essentially batsman standing nearl 5th or 6th stump on the leg side. I saw that I was able to hit the gap between Cover and Point more regularly thus proving that the way to hit that specific gap was dependent on the line, i.e. way wide off the stump which is not practical in real life.
6. I didn't face the same challenge with spinners with me able to hit the ball anywhere properly on the off side. Thus the issue is limited to facing pacers, which is similar to not able to play a forward defensive shot against pacers on the off side.

Overall, folks who're not hung up on batting and don't really care how they score runs and are fine with randomness while batting will find the game fun to play. But if you're looking for a batting simulator, and play cricket games for batting, you'll be disappointed.

Regards to batting , I feel Like more Lacks and fielding placement In TEST All Fielders are in Offside and Balls goes to leg side for Left Handed batsman with right handed bowler

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Something interesting to share

where is the ball and i completed full inns bowling vdout seeing a ball

Attachments

• C425F624-382F-4804-9B48-75D81AF2D2E1.jpeg
    C425F624-382F-4804-9B48-75D81AF2D2E1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • B66DE28A-55D3-4CEA-AACC-A922E60D9ABF.jpeg
    B66DE28A-55D3-4CEA-AACC-A922E60D9ABF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Regards to batting , I feel Like more Lacks and fielding placement In TEST All Fielders are in Offside and Balls goes to leg side for Left Handed batsman with right handed bowler

There are way too many gaps at the moment. The core gameplay is broken, or random, at best. To get to the point where AI fields and field sets are the main problem. Big Ant will need to make big improvements to the game.

They've taken Cricket 19, didn't address the items that needed to be addressed - Fielding, Field sets, Pitch deterioration etc. - and added new issues.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Out of so much negativity Let put some positive points over cricket 19 for cricket 22 in respective to Test and others

1 - Game is smooth and fast .
2 - Realistic Bowling actions
3 - Variety of shots introduced
4 - Much better defensive shots timing , not possible to be defensive all time
5 - Close Circle fielders are good enough you prevent take every single run
6 - Better HUD and UI
7 - Now After Patch Outside fielders got Improved
8 - Better AI while Batting
9 - Best Career mode
10 - BBL Introduced and More Licensed Teams
Dont say u r playing on xbox

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Good to see really they are working hard

Attachments

• 88F31EF0-EED8-48E8-846D-279A6B63B44B.png
    88F31EF0-EED8-48E8-846D-279A6B63B44B.png
    766.6 KB · Views: 163

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
no doubt what ever xbox user situation is but Ross communication and support is appreciable … big thanks

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Do we know WHY Tour option was removed? That's kinda the bread and butter of the Cricket.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Do we know WHY Tour option was removed? That's kinda the bread and butter of the Cricket.
Apparently they thought that not many people played tour mode so they didn't bother to include it. However, since the overwhelming requests that they've had to bring it back they are planning to add it again at some stage.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Question for those playing on the patched versions but have you see any variety in terms of the kit players wear during games? I was playing around creating a custom side and noticed there was Long sleeve, short sleave, long sleeve vest, normal vest options? When creating a player though I saw no option to select whether they wear long sleeve, vest etc?

Wenny

School Cricketer
When trying to load team in the community get a error code CE34878-0 any ideas why?

Users who are viewing this thread