Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's of no use if we just create it. There are checkboxes that we need to tick like, start of innings, balanced, powerplay etc. We need to make presets keeping the checkboxes in mind. Not entirely effective, but they use these fields when the checkboxes are ticked.

I did that but still of no use in Cricket 19. Created 20 odd fields with 'Start of innings', 'Power Play' etc. checked but nothing.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I'm not so sure if they are when it comes to certain things like shot directions being very limited as Ross tweeted in reply to Nithin that he'd like to see videos... Maybe they're aware people are complaining about it but haven't looked into it themselves idk i just think if they were actually aware they'd have said something about it or made modifications in the patches as its quite a game breaking problem

Agreed it's a cop out saying "send us a video". I mean we've articulated the ball only travels a few pre-set areas and how will video prove anything? I can put up a video of a Cover drive going straight to a cover fielder and saying I moved RS to a 3'o clock position and the ball went to cover. How is it any different from stating the same in words as I'm not able to prove which direction I'm moving the sticks in a video.

Don't think they'll really care about this piece as not too many people are calling them out on it. You can try but I'm not holding my breath.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Did you select AI use human fields option in cricket 19? That's the one that allows them to use preset fields you create.

Yup I did but didn't work for me. AI still continued to use their fields with nobody on the Cover boundary. But would love to know what're the attributes you, and others used, and any other things you did for AI to pick your fields.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm not so sure if they are when it comes to certain things like shot directions being very limited as Ross tweeted in reply to Nithin that he'd like to see videos... Maybe they're aware people are complaining about it but haven't looked into it themselves idk i just think if they were actually aware they'd have said something about it or made modifications in the patches as its quite a game breaking problem

I can 100% guarantee you they aware. Guarantee it’s being looked at.. some things arnt quick fixes.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Agreed it's a cop out saying "send us a video". I mean we've articulated the ball only travels a few pre-set areas and how will video prove anything? I can put up a video of a Cover drive going straight to a cover fielder and saying I moved RS to a 3'o clock position and the ball went to cover. How is it any different from stating the same in words as I'm not able to prove which direction I'm moving the sticks in a video.

Don't think they'll really care about this piece as not too many people are calling them out on it. You can try but I'm not holding my breath.
in my experience big ant has acknowledged most of the issues we have highlighted and these shots were working fine in C19. So I dont see them being bugged for long.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President

Idk it can be a cop out like you say or can really expose the issue as I'm sure software can be setup to show which directions you're pressing... Sure someone can stage this method too but who would be that mentally unstable to make up a fake malfunction in the game :p

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
in my experience big ant has acknowledged most of the issues we have highlighted and these shots were working fine in C19. So I dont see them being bugged for long.
I hope so

Idk it can be a cop out like you say or can really expose the issue as I'm sure software can be setup to show which directions you're pressing... Sure someone can stage this method too but who would be that mentally unstable to make up a fake malfunction in the game :p
Don't think I can jump through hoops to capture inputs and videos on PS4, and as you said they can check it out for themselves to see what we're seeing based on the information we've captured so far.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess there is some Patch for PS4 in sometime as per Ross tweet.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India

Wanted to drill it through cover, late timing, lost power, became uppish, game over.

This happened to me as well and I don't get the physics part of it.

In my understanding, if we play a shot 'Early' it makes sense for it go up in air, because we would have been through the shot 'early' and by the time the ball contacts the bat, the batter would've already played out the shot and just lob up in the air off that still bat.

And vice versa, if we time a shot 'Late' it means that we are late to the ball and we should be getting like edges, either to fielders(preferably behind) or onto the stumps, because we are not 'ready' with our bat in time (late) and any inside/outside edge should happen..

But I feel at the moment, its actually in reverse.

I can even convince myself if I'm early and edge it, but what doesn't sit right with me is lobbing the ball up for being late.

Last edited:

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Any one noticed AI batsman are paused or delayed in between shot play and running in between wickets... It is really annoying in career mode, when your AI partner always take a time to run after playing the shot... I literally in the middle of pitch when he decided to run...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
This happened to me as well and I don't get the physics part of it.

In my understanding, if we play a shot 'Early' it makes sense for it go up in air, because we would have been through the shot 'early' and by the time the ball contacts the bat, the batter would've already played out the shot and just lob up in the air off that still bat.

And vice versa, if we time a shot 'Late' it means that we are late to the ball and we should be getting like edges, either to fielders(preferably behind) or onto the stumps, because we are not 'ready' with our bat in time (late) and any inside/outside edge should happen..

But I feel at the moment, its actually in reverse.

I can even convince myself if I'm early and edge it, but what doesn't sit with me right is lobbing the ball up for being late.

Yup, if you're late it should result in an edge or the ball should go into the ground and dribble to fielders with reduced pace. Or it should lob in the air if you're late on the pull/hook shot. But for drives, early timing should result in the dismissal shown in the video you uploaded.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Any one noticed AI batsman are paused or delayed in between shot play and running in between wickets... It is really annoying in career mode, when your AI partner always take a time to run after playing the shot... I literally in the middle of pitch when he decided to run...

Lol... so they fixed human AI running and transferred that delay in running to AI batsmen. Didn't check it myself as I spent my time on human batting but funny to see if AI runners dance around before taking a run :lol

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
What is that "improved high reverse catches" in the patch notes?

Users who are viewing this thread