Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Only in Play now as far as I know. Wasn't working for me in The Ashes and BBL.
Im able to do it on PC in Ashes mode.
Post automatically merged:

Got steam update ! 2.12gb .. whats the note ?? anyone plz
Just updating here now too - be nice to get some notes on what delights theyve left for us in this one...and broken in the process.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm sure it's very frustrating for those of you having issues with the academy. But if you are having issues (with the academy or anything else), make sure you provide reports.

Here https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...g-report-thread-read-first-post.117995/unread

Or here

I know they're working hard to get things fixed but if you don't provide details there's no guarantee it'll get looked at. I've tried to pass on some of the issues but I'm not having them so I can't be accurate.

If you haven't seen something reported in the Planet Cricket bug report thread (you can search) it is best to assume it has not been reported.

Just saying this or that isn't working will not always be enough information.

Screenshots, videos are helpful. If you're not able to provide them then an outline of the steps you take, if it's something that consistently happens, will help them too.

Last edited:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Im able to do it on PC in Ashes mode.

Just updating here now too - be nice to get some notes on what delights theyve left for us in this one...and broken in the process.
either ask Ross or it may be in the credits

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
EARLY NOTES
-"Pitch Marker Display Time" seems to be removed and now there is only option for "Ball Marker Display Time"
-The above seems to have fixed the pitch marker duration I have it on 100 but it doesn't feel as if the pitch marker comes up as early as it did in AC17 if you had it set to 100
-Pitch marker still disappears randomly, seems to be happening a bit more frequently need to test more
-Offside shots haven't been fixed from what I can see, if you play a square cut to the ball outside off you will still get cover drive animation and ball going to the mid off region :/
-Well timed straight drives still have the power of someone who just came out of hospital for some muscle atrophy condition
-Still getting the cover drive animation for straight drives and cut/late cuts too
-Sliders seem pretty messed up, not sure if this occured before but I have pitch bounce set to 35 and I thought the spinner delivery is going through ankle height so let me adjust the bounce they get. After adjusting bounce to 100 mid game the spinner is now bowling extremely fast
-Textures on some cosmetics seem messed up (bats, kits)

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Hi all, while clearly, there are issues with some game mechanics and AI behavior etc., I am also bothered with the fact that the broadcast cameras aren't as good as they are in Cricket 19. At the point in time where batter connects bat with ball, there is a jerk in the camera movement. I think this was also an issue in some previous BA cricket title(s), and later on they did fix it; if you start batting in Cricket 19 right now, using the broadcast camera (Broadcast 1 OR Fixed Far/Close for Batting and Broadcast 3 for running) you'll find that the transition between cameras is really smooth, and it just makes the whole batting experience a whole lot better imo.

I am sure BAS knows this, and might even be working on it/ it's lower down in their priority order, still I have raised a support ticket for this on support.bigant.com and if you want to enjoy batting in the TV broadcast style view in the game, then I request you to do the same, if you haven't done so already.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Hi all, while clearly, there are issues with some game mechanics and AI behavior etc., I am also bothered with the fact that the broadcast cameras aren't as good as they are in Cricket 19. At the point in time where batter connects bat with ball, there is a jerk in the camera movement. I think this was also an issue in some previous BA cricket title(s), and later on they did fix it; if you start batting in Cricket 19 right now, using the broadcast camera (Broadcast 1 OR Fixed Far/Close for Batting and Broadcast 3 for running) you'll find that the transition between cameras is really smooth, and it just makes the whole batting experience a whole lot better imo.

I am sure BAS knows this, and might even be working on it/ it's lower down in their priority order, still I have raised a support ticket for this on support.bigant.com and if you want to enjoy batting in the TV broadcast style view in the game, then I request you to do the same, if you haven't done so already.

Which broadcast camera are you talking about? There seems to be two different ones depending on the stadium you're in. I played game in Kingston and I really really liked that broadcast camera it was like the high angle one you see in Australia usually and I just think it looked so realistic. I really dislike the one that shows the bowler whole body before run up

@Abcd9994 Sorry just to add, play a game at Sabina Park. That camera is sooo good and I wish I could have it at every stadium. Looks like TV!

Last edited:

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
Exactly. I am just reading the patch details that's all. No game play. Of course it not in BA's control. But then BA did an abject shoddy/poor job of things that were in their control. Now they are pointing the finger at Microsoft and shrugging their shoulders.
I have sent multiple emails to Microsoft asking for a refund. Have been declined twice now, but I'll keep at it. It's absurd that all other platforms are getting multiple patches while there hasn't been a single one on Xbox. This reminds me of the situation with Cricket 19 on Switch the last time. More often than not, it was several patches behind and was always an inferior experience. I believe I'll still get my money's worth on this game (as has been with all other Cricket titles for me), Xbox just doesn't seem to be the right platform anymore. Desperately hoping for a refund - Once and if I get it, I'll give my money to Playstation.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has any one observed while playing on ps4 (v1.04), fielder catch at boundary and he is well inside but still umpire gives 6 runs. It happened three times in singe game with me.

Also fielder forget to throw the ball.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Which broadcast camera are you talking about? There seems to be two different ones depending on the stadium you're in. I played game in Kingston and I really really liked that broadcast camera it was like the high angle one you see in Australia usually and I just think it looked so realistic. I really dislike the one that shows the bowler whole body before run up
I usually use
1. Broadcast 1 / Fixed Far / Fixed Close for batting. The Broadcast 1 shows the bowler's whole body, the whole runup, the Fixed Far/Close is by name, Fixed- only shows the bowler when they get close to the crease i.e. the jump part.
2. Broadcast 3 for running.

I feel these are the camera settings that produce broadcast style of viewing that I guess most people would like. But the point is actually not about the view, it's more about how the camera transitions when batter hits the ball. The broadcast style cameras (or any other camera really) basically follows the ball. However, currently if you play a shot (in Cricket 22), there is a jerk in the camera (this happens I guess because the camera is programmed to follow the ball all the time, so when the batter hits it, the ball's trajectory changes abruptly and hence there's a jerk movement in the camera which is trying to track the ball).

If I may suggest, please look at this video from Cricket 19:

You'll see in the above video animation/transition is so smooth, makes batting look beautiful.

This one from Cricket 22:

Here, the transition is not smooth.

I hope I'm making sense! It's transition after playing a shot- that's what I'm talking about. Was smooth in C19, not smooth in C22

Has any one observed while playing on ps4 (v1.04), fielder catch at boundary and he is well inside but still umpire gives 6 runs. It happened three times in singe game with me.

Also fielder forget to throw the ball.
Fielder forgets to throw the ball- that's happened with me day before yesterday although I play on Steam.

NRLHalfback02

School Cricketer
I'm sure it's very frustrating for those of you having issues with the academy. But if you are having issues (with the academy or anything else), make sure you provide reports.

Here https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...g-report-thread-read-first-post.117995/unread

Or here

I know they're working hard to get things fixed but if you don't provide details there's no guarantee it'll get looked at. I've tried to pass on some of the issues but I'm not having them so I can't be accurate.

If you haven't seen something reported in the Planet Cricket bug report thread (you can search) it is best to assume it has not been reported.

Just saying this or that isn't working will not always be enough information.

Screenshots, videos are helpful. If you're not able to provide them then an outline of the steps you take, if it's something that consistently happens, will help them too.
I’ve already put a ticket through about the academy crashing

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I usually use
1. Broadcast 1 / Fixed Far / Fixed Close for batting. The Broadcast 1 shows the bowler's whole body, the whole runup, the Fixed Far/Close is by name, Fixed- only shows the bowler when they get close to the crease i.e. the jump part.
2. Broadcast 3 for running.

I feel these are the camera settings that produce broadcast style of viewing that I guess most people would like. But the point is actually not about the view, it's more about how the camera transitions when batter hits the ball. The broadcast style cameras (or any other camera really) basically follows the ball. However, currently if you play a shot (in Cricket 22), there is a jerk in the camera (this happens I guess because the camera is programmed to follow the ball all the time, so when the batter hits it, the ball's trajectory changes abruptly and hence there's a jerk movement in the camera which is trying to track the ball).

If I may suggest, please look at this video from Cricket 19:

You'll see in the above video animation/transition is so smooth, makes batting look beautiful.

This one from Cricket 22:

Here, the transition is not smooth.

I hope I'm making sense! It's transition after playing a shot- that's what I'm talking about. Was smooth in C19, not smooth in C22

Fielder forgets to throw the ball- that's happened with me day before yesterday although I play on Steam.

Try Broadcast 2 with Broadcast 3 running

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
EARLY NOTES
-"Pitch Marker Display Time" seems to be removed and now there is only option for "Ball Marker Display Time"
-The above seems to have fixed the pitch marker duration I have it on 100 but it doesn't feel as if the pitch marker comes up as early as it did in AC17 if you had it set to 100
-Pitch marker still disappears randomly, seems to be happening a bit more frequently need to test more
-Offside shots haven't been fixed from what I can see, if you play a square cut to the ball outside off you will still get cover drive animation and ball going to the mid off region :/
-Well timed straight drives still have the power of someone who just came out of hospital for some muscle atrophy condition
-Still getting the cover drive animation for straight drives and cut/late cuts too

-Sliders seem pretty messed up, not sure if this occured before but I have pitch bounce set to 35 and I thought the spinner delivery is going through ankle height so let me adjust the bounce they get. After adjusting bounce to 100 mid game the spinner is now bowling extremely fast
-Textures on some cosmetics seem messed up (bats, kits)

Bummer :(

Users who are viewing this thread