Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gogabutt

Club Captain
Not sure how to log a ticket with big ant. One thing that bothering me is when you change shirt variations like sweater, jumper, long sleeve etc. it doesn’t save the change you made. Same with the batting gloves. Its a cosmetic issue within steam version but annoying.
Can someone report this to big ant?

gunit123

County Cricketer
Not sure how to log a ticket with big ant. One thing that bothering me is when you change shirt variations like sweater, jumper, long sleeve etc. it doesn’t save the change you made. Same with the batting gloves. Its a cosmetic issue within steam version but annoying.
Can someone report this to big ant?
You can report it here on this forum via: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/cricket-22-bug-report-thread-read-first-post.117995/

If we believe what we have been told, Big Ant do read this bug thread.

Toecrusher

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Seems to be going against the general trend here, but I'm really enjoying it.

Played patch 1.08 ps5, aus Vs eng test match on a green hard pitch, and the core batting and bowling physics and animations seem to be a real step up from 2019.

Bowling with Jofra Archer and his action trying to get fast bouncing off cutters, steaming in with Mark Wood from wide on the crease, Jimmy Anderson using all variety of swingers and cutters...all of it was a JOY unlike any cricket game I've ever played (started Lara 95). There were slip catches, plays and misses, balls rearing off a length, tailenders being clueless etc etc.

Then when it came to batting, my biggest gripe with the previous big ant games was that the defensive shot animation seemed to slow down the delivery pace, and the ball used to stop dead on the pitch. Now, the animation is a smooth continuation of the delivery, and the defensive shots ping off the bat like they should. This gives great opportunity to take singles off defensive shots if placed well. Other than that the plays and misses, and trying to survive agaisnt the bowling was so satisfying.

I'm sure there's tons of bugs and issues out there that are causing others issues, but if they can fix those and continue building from this base, we may end up having something quite special...

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I find it fascinating that we all encounter different issues. I mean, people are saying that they've got the latest PS4 patch and fielding has regressed. I don't see any evidence of that in the games I've played tonight. How can that be if those of us on PS4 are playing the same version?
I'm on PS4 and the reasons we encounter different fielding issues could relate to any of the following: Game Difficulty, Slider settings, Ground played at, Pitch Conditions, how the game handles FPS at night games. There could be many reasons. Though for the record, I also play on medium/pro level myself.

I see you've basically fairly positively reviewed the game's current state, but you definitely need to also take into account things like:

The constantly crashing academy
The fact we were told NZ's faces were going to be fixed in the most recent patch and they haven't, not one.
Locked Licenses, so you can't fix what BA have done to their own licensees. Why do these associations want them locked? End users are far kinder to their product than the licensor!
You can't create a powerplay in a single innings game in Match Designer.
Fielding which in many conditions causes players to slow after their first 20m's run (really these are international athletes!)
The issues with being able to play through a range of angles in the offside cover to point region (this seems to vary like fielding issues do, perhaps certain conditions influence it).
No competition designer.

The game is far from in great shape right now.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wish somebody can take up an interview with BA team to understand their side of story in this situation.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, except for the academy issue and the advanced shots, I have had no problem personally. Don’t take it the wrong way, but if we had problem with optimists before, we definitely have one with pessimists now.

swisscheese

Club Captain
I wish somebody can take up an interview with BA team to understand their side of story in this situation.
i also wish to learn as to why adil rashid an officially licensed bowls with rashid khans action. is it because they both are rashid so its cool? or how about those elusive jumpers, will they show up? will they be the right colour? or the guessing game from 17 which player is gonna wear full sleeves to bat. or no grounded advanced stroke on standard control and a dormant L2 button just being left unused since they brought the controls back. maybe they could answer for the lack of names for commentary options for teams like india. these were things we wouldnt have to worry about by now was my initial thought when the game was announced but we have much greater issues at hand now. they've been trying to make DBC17 for the past 5 years or so and have been unsuccessful. there's a good game underneath all that rubbish. before this patch u could turn of the field radar and keep just the pitch marker and it felt great (fixed close fielding 3) the replays are the best they've ever been in a cricket game some camera angles can be improved. but even with all of that they mess up the balance between bat and ball it feels like ping pong now. i just think the issues are rather deep rooted and only an overhaul would do or else they will keep creeping up. batting feels like 19 but anyone who has played the initial nets or early patches for sure knows that it was/can be better. they should sort out the academy crashes and then just really take their time with the patches.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I see there is a new entry for the sliders "Pace/Spin Bowling Visual Speed" what difference does this make compared to the regular pace bowling adjustments? I put it to 100 and the ball is just coming down faster.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I had 10 minutes earlier and was just about to do some swift testing of spin bowling height. You know, as you do on a Friday night :spy

Dunno if it was because it was unexpected, I wasn't trying to take wickets at all as I was purely testing, but I really enjoyed this one!

Lovely to see, 2nd ball of a test match as well! Shame it's all for nothing.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I had 10 minutes earlier and was just about to do some swift testing of spin bowling height. You know, as you do on a Friday night :spy

Dunno if it was because it was unexpected, I wasn't trying to take wickets at all as I was purely testing, but I really enjoyed this one!

Lovely to see, 2nd ball of a test match as well! Shame it's all for nothing.
From watching @passwordistaco stream I don't know if you need to try to take wickets with spinners, you'll get them anyway.

andrew56

Club Captain
I just got cricket 22 on PS4 and tried to go into the academy and keeps coming up error is anyone else having this issue.

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread