Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

I just got cricket 22 on PS4 and tried to go into the academy and keeps coming up error is anyone else having this issue.
Everyone has got that issue

Reactions: DAP
You can just imagine what happened here, AI goes for a single think about taking a second but decide not to, return to crease, walk around and stop here :) oh and in this same match I got AI out after he hit the ball on the GROUND and then my bowler caught it; given c&b

Attachments

• 20211211005500_1.jpg
    20211211005500_1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 28
Is anyone having some sort of white light popping up in from behind the gallery while playing in Kingston? I had the same issue in Lord's which seems to have got fixed. I am on a ps4

The prior build on ps5 (ending 07) felt like we were making progress. Current build (ending 08) back to square 1.

Borderline unplayable.
I am almost...no scratch that, I AM glad that I cannot play. I am sure it's the case will my fellow XBOX'ers. We are waiting for the issues to be ironed out and by the time we get the patch (in 2025) it will be somewhat of a playable game. Meanwhile, the rest are doing the testing for BA for free. So BA does not have to hire people.

After Patch 1.07 on PS4. The major bugs I have been facing

1. Ball suddenly disappears from the bowler's hand and play continues
2. When batsmen advancing down the tracks they suddenly stop on footwork and thus clean bowled
3. When batsmen advancing down the pitch, 90% of the times the sound of batting hitting the ball has disappeared.
4 On direct hits, fielding side has stopped appealing.
5. When you are bowling, not a single lbw appeal happens even in plumb cases.
I beg to differ in the 5th point. I've been getting LBW. Will post a video next time, I play.

I am almost...no scratch that, I AM glad that I cannot play. I am sure it's the case will my fellow XBOX'ers. We are waiting for the issues to be ironed out and by the time we get the patch (in 2025) it will be somewhat of a playable game. Meanwhile, the rest are doing the testing for BA for free. So BA does not have to hire people.
Testing for BA but not free of cost. We paid them through PSN store.

I just got cricket 22 on PS4 and tried to go into the academy and keeps coming up error is anyone else having this issue.
known issue, not only on PS4. Crashing occurs across all the platforms. Hope BA could fix this issue soon.

You can just imagine what happened here, AI goes for a single think about taking a second but decide not to, return to crease, walk around and stop here :) oh and in this same match I got AI out after he hit the ball on the GROUND and then my bowler caught it; given c&b
This has happened to me quite a few times and its really annoying, hope it gets fix soon

On point #2, I don't see this as an issue. In any competitive game, you can't decide what line up your opponent picks. I'm pretty sure in Play Now you can edit both teams, but if you're going for a competition specific mode like Ashes then no, you play the line up your opponent decides.

I am pretty sure you can jump into the team manager and change the default test line up if it's an issue tho, that's one way around it. That way once you start an Ashes test, your opponent will use the default test line up, which you've set up.

I did this to fiddle with the Australian line up to resemble the one from the first test. I want to say by default it has Josh Inglis in it so I took him out.
But when it was fine in c19 why did they remove that option

No offense, but I've seen you make a post like this every 2-3 days, better to leave the game as you had said before.

I understand it's frustrating, but posting about the patience wearing down at almost every opportunity isn't helping.

sorry mate, its NOT on you to tell him he can't complain. He paid for the game so he's entitled to complain if the game he bought isn't up to standard. Where else is he supposed to voice his frustration so that the devs (hopefully) see it? If you look around, almost everyone is complaining. If you don't like it, maybe stop reading every post on this forum and treating it like its yours to approve. Let the Admins do their job.

Testing for BA but not free of cost. We paid them through PSN store.
Even game is more worse on ps4pro as well after latest patch, night games are horrible as continuous flickering.

BAS must think where things went wrong this time else they will lose their fans OR they just focused on xbox series x or ps5 this time.

But in that case they must release game on pc/seriesx/ps5 initially and later after couple of months on remaining consoles.

Game is good for me, batting is decent and enjoyable and can play most of the shots, playing t20 with licensed sides only with custom sliders,
regardless of bugs in the game currently as not comparing with other games batting department as what you could there versus what you can't here,thinking of not going for any new patches in ps5, .08 is ok for now atleast for me

Last edited:
So I deleted all my save data and did a fresh install on PC. Resulted in first ODI played reduced to 27 overs where Australia hit 250/0, I found batting incredibly hard and feels like even with default settings the pace of the bowlers and weight of the ball felt good again. Maybe with each patch we need to delete everything then re-install xD

Users who are viewing this thread