Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

ankit28

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This rain delay bug is seriously dumb haha. I had a match (ODI) that started at night time, after 1st ball rain delay then it became day time and my turn to bat again after a ball rain delay :D
Same thing happening with me,any solution bro

riteshagl

County Cricketer
In terms of user batting, poor field placements and legside line to left hander (and vice versa) are absolutely spoiling the game. It has to, i mean has to be fixed. I am exclusively playing the ashes on legend difficulty and even on latest ps5 update 1.09, there seems to be no improvement. I am so fed up

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So @Rumple43 @Mohammed Sherry idea of the sliders was to produce a hard Australian deck that you would want to win the toss on and bat first. In my head I was just thinking of Australia piling the runs on against England at the Gabba. I also wanted reealistic run rates, variation in shots from the AI, but with the right bounce reducing the silly front foot pull scoopy thing.

I also wanted to open up deliveries that the AI could get me out LBW and bowled rather than really full balls...

I ticked that all off in this match so far, I lost the toss and its been two days in the dirt for me. Plenty and plenty of plays and misses, umpires calls, I dropped Green on 60 with a diving catch in the slips and got a variet of wickets.

I then lost a wicket in the last 10 overs of the day as the AI declared to give me a tricky little period.

I drove a good length ball from Starc and its just done a tiny bit back in to me, timing wasnt quite perfect and its beaten my inside edge and sent my off stump flying. I was never really bowled out on 19!

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.11 - 19.02.21.99.pngCricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.11 - 19.02.27.27.png

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The enthusiasm of the game release has turned out to be frustrating and annoying post release. The cartoonish game has been immersion breaking at many places. Have to seriously consider pre-ordering the game next time.

I have decided to shelf the game for couple of weeks and return back by Christmas to see BA can iron most of the bugs without breaking anything else in the game.

They are patching the game every 2 days which is good in terms of support. I wonder why wasn't this kind of effort not been done before the game release? Especially they had Cricket 19 as a base version.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So @Rumple43 @Mohammed Sherry idea of the sliders was to produce a hard Australian deck that you would want to win the toss on and bat first. In my head I was just thinking of Australia piling the runs on against England at the Gabba. I also wanted reealistic run rates, variation in shots from the AI, but with the right bounce reducing the silly front foot pull scoopy thing.

I also wanted to open up deliveries that the AI could get me out LBW and bowled rather than really full balls...

I ticked that all off in this match so far, I lost the toss and its been two days in the dirt for me. Plenty and plenty of plays and misses, umpires calls, I dropped Green on 60 with a diving catch in the slips and got a variet of wickets.

I then lost a wicket in the last 10 overs of the day as the AI declared to give me a tricky little period.

I drove a good length ball from Starc and its just done a tiny bit back in to me, timing wasnt quite perfect and its beaten my inside edge and sent my off stump flying. I was never really bowled out on 19!

View attachment 259274View attachment 259275
Oof, that is some serious toil! Very encouraging tho, I have to say.

What have you got your AI wicket chance and run rate set to for this one? Hardest match difficulty?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@WealeyH That's one hell of a scorecard, did you manage to get rid of the stupid pullshot to half volly when bowling to AI? I think I tried yours or blockers sliders about a week ago but I found the bounce was way too low.

I know you've probably posted them a dozen times but would you be able to post your full settings (match difficulty, overall difficulty, full slider settings) mainly for when I'm bowling as batting is very hard for me already, appreciate it thank you would like to give your settings a crack again

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH That's one hell of a scorecard, did you manage to get rid of the stupid pullshot to half volly when bowling to AI? I think I tried yours or blockers sliders about a week ago but I found the bounce was way too low.

I know you've probably posted them a dozen times but would you be able to post your full settings (match difficulty, overall difficulty, full slider settings) mainly for when I'm bowling as batting is very hard for me already, appreciate it thank you would like to give your settings a crack again

Yeah ill grab them..

I didn’t eliminate it but I also saw it single figure times in 165 or so overs of them batting.

issue is the AI needs a release valve. Most people may play with realistic Test fields which may not include a mid wicket. I was using a short midwicket for Jimmy’s induckers which got Warner with a catch but with him there they didn’t wanna play the shot…

If you go to @Rumple43 thread all the settings are there I believe.

For reference my field for the majority of the innings was 1st 2nd and 3rd slip. Gully/Point.
Mid Off
Shirt Mid Wicket
Square Leg
Deep Fine leg

and tweaked it but always pretty attacking

Abcd9994

Club Captain
So how's it different from Pace Max speed?
Hey- I had tried to use sliders to increase the bowling speed today because it just appeared a bit too floaty after yesterday's steam update (the speed that we feel the ball is coming at, not the number in kph/mph)- I was able to do it using "Pace Bowling Speed Min" and "Pace Bowling Speed Max". I think by default, these are set to 50. I changed it to 100 and it felt so nice, the ball was zipping through, but I felt it was a bit too quick. I then changed the values to 80- and I felt that they were the same as what we get by default. So I feel it's broke :/ unless you maximize the values.

I think the Visual Speed is simply used to adjust the "number" that is displayed in the hud for the speed of the ball. Also, I think it's broken :)

One more question please if somebody can help me out! Is there some way to increase the perception of speed when a spinner is bowling? Because what I see is "Pace Bowling Speed Min" and "Pace Bowling Speed Max" only affect the pace when pacers are bowling, no change for spinners :/

Users who are viewing this thread