Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gunit123

County Cricketer
I enjoy the game even though there are issues. I don’t have the same expectations as fifa or the American sports games. I’m just happy to trundle along with Queensland then hopefully Aus on my career.
But since the last patch when my player bowls spin and they cut it to the slip fielder. The fielder stops it but won’t throw the bowl back into the keeper or back to bowler. This is the first time since I got the game on release date it has started crashing. (PS5)
Now it’s annoying me I may start to pick my standards up and expect more from Big Ant

You absolutely should expect the same as FIFA/NBA as Big Ant are charging you the same price as those games. This is no longer the time to be sympathetic based on company size but rather quality of product which is clearly sub par in many facets...

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Rapid Patching seems to be their way of showing support to their customers. What happens post rapid patching is a different story.
I think they will continue to rapid patch for the foreseeable future, just to get rid of most of the bigger bugs and glitches. Any smaller or new bug/issue that may come to light from the rapid patches will probably be fixed, when they do there “every so often (2-3 month) patch” if needed. Probably patch for atleast 3-6 months post release.
We just need to let things run there course, things will be fixed based on importance or atleast what they think is important. Just have to trust they have it all under control.

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
No one else having their career mode matches ending after one over?

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Unfortunately patches is making game more worse, someone plz tell BAS please think and take time instead releasing daily patch and facing new bug due to that patch
I think they will continue to rapid patch for the foreseeable future, just to get rid of most of the bigger bugs and glitches. That unfortunately has to be there priority, they need to be seen to be supporting the game. The amount of people that have found issues and bugs with game has forced there hand and patches have to be released at a rapid rate. Any issues that come because of the patches will hopefully be fixed once the big bugs and issues are fixed. We just have to trust the process and hope they get it right in the end.

Last edited:

johanna

School Cricketer
Unless you have PS plus and you uploaded a save to the cloud,I don't think there's anyway to get it back.Seems like a few PlayStation users are having trouble after latest patch.
You could reach out to Ross on Twitter.
I do have ps plus, is there anyway I can check if its on cloud? I am guessing that the fact I do not know if its on cloud means I've missed to turn something on to upload it to cloud? If that is the case can you let me know how to turn the cloud save on? So that I'll have it on when I eventually a new career again.

Thanks for the twitter tip, I'll try to reach out.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You absolutely should expect the same as FIFA/NBA as Big Ant are charging you the same price as those games. This is no longer the time to be sympathetic based on company size but rather quality of product which is clearly sub par in many facets...

100% shouldn’t expect it and if you do your always be disappointed. The scale of resources available to those companies are on another planet compared to what BA are working with.

No one else is going to bother with a cricket game and haven’t got many many years.

People are entitled to not agree with the price and if it’s too steep then don’t buy it but at the same time BA need to price it in order to make it beneficial to them. Let’s face it, it doesn’t sell anywhere near other game? Why? Because for most people they can’t think of anything now boring than a cricket video game.

Yes the game launched at an unacceptable standard but to expect the same levels as fifa etc is ridiculous and unrealistic.

D

Deleted member 193590

I do have ps plus, is there anyway I can check if its on cloud? I am guessing that the fact I do not know if its on cloud means I've missed to turn something on to upload it to cloud? If that is the case can you let me know how to turn the cloud save on? So that I'll have it on when I eventually a new career again.

Thanks for the twitter tip, I'll try to reach out.
Check this page out,if it isn't enabled then it's sadly lost.

andrew56

Club Captain
Hopefully they bring back classic bowling controls from cricket 19.
Has anybody be able to download anything on the academy without crashing.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
100% shouldn’t expect it and if you do your always be disappointed. The scale of resources available to those companies are on another planet compared to what BA are working with.

No one else is going to bother with a cricket game and haven’t got many many years.

People are entitled to not agree with the price and if it’s too steep then don’t buy it but at the same time BA need to price it in order to make it beneficial to them. Let’s face it, it doesn’t sell anywhere near other game? Why? Because for most people they can’t think of anything now boring than a cricket video game.

Yes the game launched at an unacceptable standard but to expect the same levels as fifa etc is ridiculous and unrealistic.
Couldn’t agree more. Big Ant don’t have the budget and resources to create a game on the same level as fifa or nba, as much as they are trying there best.
As for the price of the game, As I said big ant don’t have the budget and resources, they are only a relatively small developer compared to EA sports/ 2K and therefore don’t have same budget or money to create games on the same scale as those big guys. Furthermore I wouldn’t be surprised if Big Ant sometimes only just break even when it comes to sales, compared to the cost of making there games. I’d say pricing the game at full price may help it so they can recoup some money back and make a profit. Remember them making a profit is the only way they can continue to make games and hopefully better games. If you think the price of the game game is too high don’t buy and wait for a discount, it’s that simple.

Last edited:

johanna

School Cricketer

Users who are viewing this thread