Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just as I was starting to like the game ...

It's utterly infuriating isn't it!! All game modes are like that on Xbox One.

BA have got so many things completely back to front or reversed too. In that video clip dismissed batsman cut scenes showed them coming in to bat, and incoming batsman were getting the dismissal cut scenes.

How did they get so many reverse bugs like that without ever noticing?? It's beyond me how they missed it all.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Do sliders effect Career Mode? I find that bowling leg spin most stuff goes over the stumps unless pitched at yorker length. In Cricket 19 you used to be able to adjust the length a bit with L1/R1...but that seem to have been removed for Cricket 22...but can't find a way to adjust sliders in Career Mode to compensate.

In other news, some interesting boundary fielding. Really, they don't seem to care...

L1/R1 still works

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It’s become easier to score in the ODI’s regardless of the pitch. I’m using

AI
Legend
bowing quality - 100

Batting
Foot placement - 75
Timing difficulty - 80
Ideal input power - 10

Physics:
Max pace 70
Pace speed 60
Short force 42

I just played a match where AI (NZ) scored 361 and I fell short by 30 runs as I ran out of partnership with 4 overs to spare. Though it was an enjoyable ride, first getting hammered all over the ground and then making the AI pay, but still I’m a big fan of low scoring games.

any suggestions to make it more competitive?
Try below ones,
Change match difficulty to hardest level along with set bowling as hardest as well.

For batting slider, set hardest and then window of 10 ideal and foot/shot difficulty to 90, ideal timing power boost to 0, good bowl influence to 100, poor timing influence 100

For AI, set legend, wkt chance 50, RR100, BQ100, StrikeTiming100

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fun is what it’s all about…

But that’s also something fundamentally wrong with the AI in this game the ability to chase anything in the 4th innings
I wasn’t expecting it to chase it. This is the first time I played a whole match in Cricket 22

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I got beautiful cover drive with Virat . I can't understand why some are complaining about offside play. Main issue in test matches is, Left hand batter even hitting consecutive 4 boundaries to leg side of Right Hand bowler, AI is not changing the field set and putting only one fielder.

I think you should actually read what people are saying. The cover drives work between Mid Off and Cover fielder for the most part, and against pacers, stars have to align for you to pierce the gap between Cover fielder and Point. Take a look at the thread which exists along with the wagon wheel...

Or maybe try the following which has been mentioned numerous times... try playing cover drives with a field with Cover fielder and Point against Pacers, and see how many times you're able to hit the gap between the two. Try the same thing against spin bowling or in Cricket 19 and you'll have your answer.

D

Deleted member 185125

Test Matches aren't that bad on 1.09, expect for the overthrows.

caprikaps

Club Captain
Try below ones,
Change match difficulty to hardest level along with set bowling as hardest as well.

For batting slider, set hardest and then window of 10 ideal and foot/shot difficulty to 90, ideal timing power boost to 0, good bowl influence to 100, poor timing influence 100

For AI, set legend, wkt chance 50, RR100, BQ100, StrikeTiming100
Thanks but this will only restrict my performance. Im more gravitating towards low scoring matches (230-280) where you grind and make the AI grind as well. Though the high scoring ones fun too, but the satisfaction of taking wickets on a seeming track, missing the edges quite often and that odd boundary through covers is all what I live for

This might sound unrealistic atm given current state of the game, but I just thought if someone might’ve already figured those sliders.

Thanks for the response anyways.

mehtaapurv

School Cricketer
Can anyone please help, I am trying to play an Ashes test with Australia but also want to edit Englands team, how to do this?

D

Deleted member 193590

Can anyone please help, I am trying to play an Ashes test with Australia but also want to edit Englands team, how to do this?
You can't edit the opposing team during an Ashes series,the only thing you can do is edit them in team manager before you start the Series.

caprikaps

Club Captain
Though I’ve enjoyed this game in piece meals, below is current state of the game after me doing several hours of testing. Pls feel free to add/remove basis your experience:

Fielding:
  1. Broken run outs - players prefer standing outside the crease mostly and gets out
  2. Outfield ball chase - fielders giving up on chasing the ball
  3. Outfielders sliding over the boundary while saving on the fence

Gameplay:
  1. Leg side bowling by AI with no leg side protection- leaking runs and spoiling the immersion
  2. Batsman playing late cut to spinners and always getting caught by super human keepers
  3. No straight drives (barring through mid one and offs)
  4. Spinners bowling round the wicket outside the legs and conceding endless wides and runs
  5. Unrealistic AI scores in shorter formats

Others:
  1. Broken frame rates on ps5 during dusk/night
  2. Weird crowd sound
  3. Audio missing in the stadium and from the players after hitting the stumps or taking wickets, audio missing at the start of the game
  4. Sliders setting back to defaults
  5. Missing cut scenes - DRS turning down, rain delays etc etc
  6. Tour mode missing, competition designer missing
  7. Academy crashes
  8. Can’t play Any completion as a team
  9. Hotspot missing from in game reviews

still pretty hopeful that BA would make this right.

Users who are viewing this thread