Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Though I’ve enjoyed this game in piece meals, below is current state of the game after me doing several hours of testing. Pls feel free to add/remove basis your experience:

Fielding:
  1. Broken run outs - players prefer standing outside the crease mostly and gets out
  2. Outfield ball chase - fielders giving up on chasing the ball
  3. Outfielders sliding over the boundary while saving on the fence

Gameplay:
  1. Leg side bowling by AI with no leg side protection- leaking runs and spoiling the immersion
  2. Batsman playing late cut to spinners and always getting caught by super human keepers
  3. No straight drives (barring through mid one and offs)
  4. Spinners bowling round the wicket outside the legs and conceding endless wides and runs
  5. Unrealistic AI scores in shorter formats

Others:
  1. Broken frame rates on ps5 during dusk/night
  2. Weird crowd sound
  3. Audio missing in the stadium and from the players after hitting the stumps or taking wickets, audio missing at the start of the game
  4. Sliders setting back to defaults
  5. Missing cut scenes - DRS turning down, rain delays etc etc
  6. Tour mode missing, competition designer missing
  7. Academy crashes
  8. Can’t play Any completion as a team
  9. Hotspot missing from in game reviews

still pretty hopeful that BA would make this right.
Thanks for summarising! Agree with this review- it is possible to play straight drive but it is extremely rare! In general, drives are just confusing in this game at the moment...

Sometimes you time the ball well and it'll feel alright, other times there's just no power behind the shot, no matter how well you time it. Also, the square cut shot- same problem, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't (not talking about late cut).

Plus the lofted shots through off side- the elevation needs to be fixed

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think you should actually read what people are saying. The cover drives work between Mid Off and Cover fielder for the most part, and against pacers, stars have to align for you to pierce the gap between Cover fielder and Point. Take a look at the thread which exists along with the wagon wheel...

Or maybe try the following which has been mentioned numerous times... try playing cover drives with a field with Cover fielder and Point against Pacers, and see how many times you're able to hit the gap between the two. Try the same thing against spin bowling or in Cricket 19 and you'll have your answer.

Just to add fuel to the fire, I can do it quite easily…

Abcd9994

Club Captain

Just to add fuel to the fire, I can do it quite easily…
See, again- the ball that you have driven for 4 between point and cover is quite wide of off stump. That works fine. Wait till the bowler gets closer at around 4th stump , 5th stump line maybe? Try to play the same shot, you'll see that even with ideal timing- all 3 inputs green, you will not be able to find the gap- it will go straight to the cover fielder.

It's hard to realise unless you really test it just like @cricket_online says in his post. I have footage of this and can prove it but will need to edit the video a bit :/ will try to do tomorrow after work- but I seriously feel BAS need to be informed about it if they don't know already.

@WealeyH also man please requesting you to help me out! I just want to understand if there's a way to make the spinners feel quicker. Like, you and @AnmolJ had mentioned about sliders to make the pace bowlers quicker right? I wanted to do the same with spinners. Could you please let me know if that's possible and how

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
See, again- the ball that you have driven for 4 between point and cover is quite wide of off stump. That works fine. Wait till the bowler gets closer at around 4th stump , 5th stump line maybe? Try to play the same shot, you'll see that even with ideal timing- all 3 inputs green, you will not be able to find the gap- it will go straight to the cover fielder.

It's hard to realise unless you really test it just like @cricket_online says in his post. I have footage of this and can prove it but will need to edit the video a bit :/ will try to do tomorrow after work- but I seriously feel BAS need to be informed about it if they don't know already.

@WealeyH also man please requesting you to help me out! I just want to understand if there's a way to make the spinners feel quicker. Like, you and @AnmolJ had mentioned about sliders to make the pace bowlers quicker right? I wanted to do the same with spinners. Could you please let me know if that's possible and how
Just like Pace Bowling Visual slider, there's one for spinners as well just below it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Yeah fine, but could say that but quite a few shots. There will be limitations. But I get your points. Although playing through that region when it’s tighter to the stumps is a pretty wristy well controlled drive.

To be honest the fact you can do it I’m happy with. If I have to wait for a bit of width then so be it.

I’m sure it irritates others far more.

@cricket_online i may have something .. what is your current foot placement difficulty slider set to?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When you score a hundred, the wagon wheel stays the same as for your 50. Anyone else seen this?

Already mentioned it a few times... wagon wheel is broken and at max captures 19 or 20 scoring shots, and you can confirm the same by counting the spokes in the wagon wheel.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah fine, but could say that but quite a few shots. There will be limitations. But I get your points. Although playing through that region when it’s tighter to the stumps is a pretty wristy well controlled drive.

To be honest the fact you can do it I’m happy with. If I have to wait for a bit of width then so be it.

I’m sure it irritates others far more.

@cricket_online i may have something .. what is your current foot placement difficulty slider set to?

The foot placement is set to the whatever the default value is for Medium batting difficulty level. For the most part I took the Medium batting sliders as the baseline and changed Ball Marker Display time to 80.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Test Matches aren't that bad on 1.09, expect for the overthrows.
dont you feel that AI plays way too many shots on outside off stump lines without any fuss in tests
I mean even in reality the best of batsmen are circumspect about playing balls outside off stump before getting set but in cricket 22, just like previous iterations AI batsmen plays way too many shots on 5th and 6th stump line right from the start.
I played a game on Lords eng vs NZ(AI) and ross taylor kept hitting cover drives right from the start disregarding the massive swing anderson was getting

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I think for ODI lovers you can forget about this game for now;

Just skip to the middle it seems literally everyone I watch is having the same exact match in ODIs, 300+ huge totals. Like I said in previous post I've tested numerous variations of the ODI format and it's the same result everytime very disappointing tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread