Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Buy it if you have ps4. Don't buy now if you have Xbox.
Post automatically merged:

PC users had a better gaming experience than xbox.
i purchased for ps4pro as well but seriously game is more worst than xbox1x due to fps issue which is very prominent at night games. I am not talking about bowling or no balls concerns at moment

game is only playable either on pc or ps5

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So what in your opinion do I do to get them around the average 3 rpo? the same Reddit post said that he had lowered The ai run rate and had the ai score 25 in 10 overs odd but when I drop the run rate they score 25 in the first 4-5. Is it a bug where my custom difficulty isn’t chosen or is the slider just not working?

Don't forget it should depend on who is batting as well. I don't want us going back to having every batsman scoring at 4 an over. Mentalities are in the game for a reason. I've got precise Cam Green 8 (61) and Brute Inglis 40 (53), so maybe even a little too extreme (target run rate slider 20)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Couple of fun dismissals that I'd not really seen before today in a game I just wrapped up against West Indies.

First was the AI making a complete mess of a Jofra Archer delivery, missing it all together, clipping the leg, through the legs and onto the stumps

The other was by me, mistiming what I thought was a reasonably safe pull shot to leg onto the sky it up in the air off a top edge instead.

On PS4 I'm finding game play interesting so far, but the fielding bus still persist and I can't DL anything from Academy, it just crashes every time. Making do with England, Australia, WI and NZ for now!

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
i purchased for ps4pro as well but seriously game is more worst than xbox1x due to fps issue which is very prominent at night games. I am not talking about bowling or no balls concerns at moment

game is only playable either on pc or ps5
I've a ps4. The flickering is mostly in night matches. I've a very good experience playing the career mode and online mode. Ps4 Pro users might have a different opinion.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
So what in your opinion do I do to get them around the average 3 rpo? the same Reddit post said that he had lowered The ai run rate and it worked but when I drop the run rate it has no effect on how they bat. Is it a bug where my custom difficulty isn’t chosen or is the slider just not working?
Hard to say specifically, you could try lowering the slider to 10 or even 5, but it could also come down to the deliveries you bowl, the batsman's skill set or the field you've got set to them. The reddit poster might be doing something other than just adjusting the slider for run-rate. I'm not sure how well these might help prevent boundaries, but you could adjust striker timing for the AI, which may mean they hit less ideal or good shots. Also there is Ball Friction under physics, which if increased may stop their shots travelling as far towards the boundary at times.

Rain94

School Cricketer
Couple of fun dismissals that I'd not really seen before today in a game I just wrapped up against West Indies.

First was the AI making a complete mess of a Jofra Archer delivery, missing it all together, clipping the leg, through the legs and onto the stumps

The other was by me, mistiming what I thought was a reasonably safe pull shot to leg onto the sky it up in the air off a top edge instead.

On PS4 I'm finding game play interesting so far, but the fielding bus still persist and I can't DL anything from Academy, it just crashes every time. Making do with England, Australia, WI and NZ for now!
For anyone having issues with the Academy, try using the search option to get through.
Search for teams, username "Wasteyouryouth", and starts with "India", or "Pakistan", or "Bangladesh", or "Afghanistan", or "South Africa".
I had issues since Day 1 until someone gave me this tip two days ago and has worked ever since.
Give it a try and it may just work. I'm on PS5 but it should work for PS4 too since the issue has to do with the screen that lists all of the creations. By searching for what you already know you want, it bypasses all of that.

Last edited:

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hard to say specifically, you could try lowering the slider to 10 or even 5, but it could also come down to the deliveries you bowl, the batsman's skill set or the field you've got set to them. The reddit poster might be doing something other than just adjusting the slider for run-rate. I'm not sure how well these might help prevent boundaries, but you could adjust striker timing for the AI, which may mean they hit less ideal or good shots. Also there is Ball Friction under physics, which if increased may stop their shots travelling as far towards the boundary at times.
Cheers mate, will give these a shot

donchadman

School Cricketer
I know this is a C22 forum, but any Indian gamer here with DBC14 on the PS4? Wanted help with the "win 3 ranked online games trophy". Will pay you for your troubles too. Let me know. Thanks!

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know this is a C22 forum, but any Indian gamer here with DBC14 on the PS4? Wanted help with the "win 3 ranked online games trophy". Will pay you for your troubles too. Let me know. Thanks!
You're going to pay someone for getting a silly achievement in a 7 year old game? hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread