Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seems fixed for me after the 1.000.011 update. Also they seem better around the boundary rope, not carrying balls over the boundary (AI atleast), haven't fielded myself yet. Also they r able to push the ball in at the last moment without stepping over and the 2nd fielder isn't waiting there admiring the scenary. Seemed to be reacting quickly and throwing the ball in.
They were better at defending the rope but then a patch later (on steam) regressed that a bit, for me anyway. Had fielders sliding with the ball over the boundary again.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Has anyone else had catches coming off nicks that don't get registered as catches.Overall latest steam patch seems to have sorted out the fielding mostly.Game did crash on me during ashes test for no obvious reason just went back to desktop in middle of over.Commentary after game seems in reverse had a bbl game where winning six was hit with 2 balls to go and 9 wickets down to be told was an easy win and not a close game and why at random points will atherton either say game has gone slow both teams need to start playing and crowd are really into this exciting part of the game when it completely out of context.Apparantly there are 2 types of leaves.Obviously there will be repetitve commentary but has anyone seen a leave by al that hits the stumps.All that aside and being run out trying to cancel a run twice I am quite enjoying the game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Playing a test on a dusty old pitch with cracks. ball dropped way outside off and I decided to leave the ball, ball came in sharply and hit my pads , given out. I reviewed immediately super confident that the ball hit my pads way outside off stump. Replay showed the same, ball was hitting me outside off but then was going to hit the stumps. So given out due to no shot being offered (mentioned during big eye). forgot that little rule about cricket. Lovely moment! despite the academy and the offside shot issues, started to enjoy playing the game a lot.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Latest patch on PS5 is live. It is 201.4 MB.

Patch notes from Ross tweet

PS5 build 1418
Balanced fielders run speed
Improved fielders lofted catches action
Improved Community stability
Improved Career Stability
Improved General Stability

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Thats not as bad as some horrific ones I have experienced myself. There doesn't seem to be any head first diving animation at the boundary and that's often the culprit. Often times player would need to dive rather than slide to stop a ball while keeping their body and legs inside the rope.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats not as bad as some horrific ones I have experienced myself. There doesn't seem to be any head first diving animation at the boundary and that's often the culprit. Often times player would need to dive rather than slide to stop a ball while keeping their body and legs inside the rope.

But point to notice that in this leg touches the rope but still not given four , Yes this is some boundary line issues these should look into

Opp hugh court

County Cricketer
After seeing the gameplay footages and the work of bas really impressed and waiting for the xbox patch fingers crossed

LEFF

Club Captain
What is the difference between 'Max Pace' & the Speed slider down the bottom?

Lohit88

Club Cricketer
Anybody noticed but commentary seems way off. I hit a shot towards long on and commentator says nice cover drive.
I got smashed by AI on first three balls - 6 4 4 0 0 0, it says batters couldn't do much in that over. I accidently caused overthrow four, commentator says nice shot, smashed for four.
Not sure should I raise a ticket for this at BA or not.
Also, seems like some mechanics which worked perfectly in C19 are broken. Like fielders stopping the ball at boundary and second fielder picks it up.
Now second fielder just stands there until the fielder who stopped the ball at the boundary waits for a good 7-8 seconds and throws the ball back by the time Ai takes either 3-4 runs.
Looks like C22 was build on and by the engine and team who worked on DBC17.
However, being fan of cricket, I'm enjoying the game. Looking forward to more improvements.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
all this is for day1 patch and no one knows game gets more buggy after it like with others.

Ideal scenario would be BAS pick c19 and improve fielding, AI, add ashes aus tour option, improve UI, add more commentary etc and release with name of c22. At-least in that case your patches will start above from c19 level. At moment c22 from anywhere is not near to c19, if ppl say c19 has running or fielding issues then what about c22 existing bugs, fps issues, removing key features, constant game crash etc (talking about ps4pro experience).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread