Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

mikeyd204

School Cricketer
For those that have spoken to Ross or raised a ticket to the support team. Is anyone aware of BA actually planning to change the ridiculous fielding issues? I've seen:
  • Ridiculous overthrows
  • AI batsman doing stupid things running between the wickets but somehow avoiding being run out (they shouldn't be doing stupid things in the first place)
  • The classic: fielders around the bat running through the pitch from one side of the pitch to the other
Many more but these are my biggest gripes so far. It's so puzzling. They were close to a really great game last time with C19, instead they've added in a fielding mechanic that nobody wanted, an aftertouch thing, which, to my knowledge, adds nothing to the game and have made bowling monotonous. Why not fix the core issues first then add new features?

Anyway, maybe they can patch this with some time to make this a more enjoyable game. I just hope they do something about the weird fielding! Happy to play around with the sliders to making batting/bowling more fun but nothing can be done about the crap fielding mechanics.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not entirely sure what stability for a week means.

Are peoples games unstable?
Would be nice if they went into more detail with that because indeed every patch says stability improvements

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
As someone who invested a lot of time into FIFA over the years with a small community of dedicated guys trying to make the game more realistic through sliders and trying to influence EA to make a more realistic game I just wanted to add my two cents. C22 has been frustrating, I understand, but I will say this...do not take for granted the access they give with Bruce etc. He might give frustrating answers etc, but I do not believe he is acting in bad faith and abuse will just shut down a good pipeline to get info back to the developers and game designers. We lost that with FIFA when the social media managers got so much abuse they had to deactivate social media and what they replaced it with is a one way pipeline of info to us with no discussion back. And it is worse for trying to influence the game.

C22 has flaws and clearly was rushed out for the Ashes series which I really do believe was not in BAs control. Getting a small dev to pump out 15-18 patches or whatever it is over a month is unheard of, getting them to put features back that were called for, unheard of. Trust me you do not want a monolith like EA making a niche game like Cricket. I also think that unfortunately as the last year of Game Dev has shown making games for two next gen, two last gen and PC all at the same time comes at a cost even for huge companies. Give Bruce constructive feedback but spamming him with abuse will just lead to a worse game for all of us.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer

Only had one crash, during a game mid delivery, but just the one, and obvs its autosaved every ball anyway so you dont lose out on anything.

Would rather they also focussed on things like AI batsmen pulling things from wide of off behaviour, AI bowling legside lines too often etc first.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@mikeyd204 I remember before DBC14 all the talk was about being different to the titles that came before especially in bowling and batting.. 14 felt promising but the progress in those departments has been scarce and to be frank not all that different to the EA games.

Bowling is identical to EA games, you press a button then press it again. I'm not a developer and can understand reinventing the wheel isn't easy but not necessary either... With the current system at least give us more options as a bowler instead of just out/in swing, cutter etc I feel there should be more control but I feel like for that to happen we will need a total physics overhaul (how ball interacts with AI and environment, feel extremely scripted atm)

Batting needs to be 360 simply put. Stuff like nudge shots etc would be great but hey-ho.

I think a lot of the stuff im saying is probably just due to how the engine works or some restrictions from that front as so many things feel buggy and out of place (wrong shots coming out when batting etc)

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

A few of us have had career mode file corrupted at the start of 2nd season after a press conference , and the academy blue screens me often when I search players or bats , I'm on PS4 , so hoping this will help with career mode issue as quite dull restarting career from scratch again.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Game crashes on steam for me after a couple of hours happened 2 or 3 times its as if its telling me to go to bed

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Defending 85! Bat Pad anyone?

In some ways good to see and some good variation.. question: how many of those balls were flighted??
Post automatically merged:

This seems eerily similar to DBC 17 (or was it Ashes Cricket?) where the AI batsmen would smash the spinners into their pads to be caught by close-in fielders.

Yean but it wasn’t anything like that.. they used to slog it to leg and just rattle it into their legs.

This it would seem is pitch specific atm…

Users who are viewing this thread