Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I must be missing something, sounds fine to me, seems to me you're mistaking distortion for someone whistling.
Nah certainly not, I even put texts *here* in the video to denote the exact timings, if you listen with your earphone you'll able to tell it sounds almost like as if that old radio kinda tchik sound in between balls.

I think it might be transition from one sound file to another for crowd noise, but instead of a exponential fade it happens abruptly which just drives me crazy to play with no crowd sound at all.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
I feel sounds of player clapping after balls especially for like mistimed shots or near misses and encouraging bowlers in between balls like 'cmon boyyy' during that cutscene as the bowler walks back to his runup might add some more feel to the overall experience..

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Nah certainly not, I even put texts *here* in the video to denote the exact timings, if you listen with your earphone you'll able to tell it sounds almost like as if that old radio kinda tchik sound in between balls.

I think it might be transition from one sound file to another for crowd noise, but instead of a exponential fade it happens abruptly which just drives me crazy to play with no crowd sound at all.
Didn't hear it man sorry. Have you tried it on multiple headphones, or speakers. Could be something to do with your gear?

azkhan

Associate Captain
Just noticed when selecting teams for custom competitions we can select and now deselect and remove teams. Before when you chose a team there was no option to change teams, you would have to start from the team selection again. A step in the right direction. It was a question I posted for @MattW a couple of weeks ago so happy to see that it has been actioned. Credit due to Big Ant, Great work Thanks :thumbs

Now I am really hoping in the future we might get my other request, which was to allow us the option to add group stages to our own created tournaments.

Hester

County Cricketer
Just noticed when selecting teams for custom competitions we can select and now deselect and remove teams. Before when you chose a team there was no option to change teams, you would have to start from the team selection again. A step in the right direction. It was a question I posted for @MattW a couple of weeks ago so happy to see that it has been actioned. Credit due to Big Ant, Great work Thanks :thumbs

Now I am really hoping in the future we might get my other request, which was to allow us the option to add group stages to our own created tournaments.
Agree. They've definitely implemented some great quality of life changes. I can't figure out how to change stump sponsors though. Is that possible in C22 like it was in C19?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Agree. They've definitely implemented some great quality of life changes. I can't figure out how to change stump sponsors though. Is that possible in C22 like it was in C19?
Yeah it seems the only way to change stumps in play now is to make a new match in match designer.... Again another thing that has regressed for some reason

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW I understand that bug fixing is of the utmost importance, but is there any specific reason why sponsorships are not working in career mode? Did someone forget to turn that feature on or is it just buggy for whatever reason? I'd be interested to hear what's going on there?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's great. I've just downloaded your South Africa team - awesome stuff. Some players have the plain, basic bat though. Is that another glitch?
Depends which players. Likely the bug where bats aren't downloaded though.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The problem currently is that the pitch bounce is not balanced for Pace and Spin equally. The pace bounce it too high and hence reducing it makes the spin bounce too low.
Yes, as pace bowling is too high we are reducing the pitch bounce. But it is impacting spin bowling bounce. Due to this we are unable to play square cuts to spinners while batting. Tuning the pace bowling bounce alone a bit for bouncers will help a lot. I

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Didn't hear it man sorry. Have you tried it on multiple headphones, or speakers. Could be something to do with your gear?
Yeah happens with 3 of my devices.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Different people work on different things - so unless we just fix things and then hold back a batting fix because we're doing a fielding fix, that wouldn't be possible. Obviously the intent is never to have things be 'broken', and a lot of the time after an update people have a game where they experience things that have been in the game for a while and think they are new.

Changing cameras is always a difficult one - as for some any change made might ruin how they like it. Which of the broadcast cams are you referring to?

Which spot are you talking about here for setting host?

Possibly, but as I think people would understand, the full focus from those who work on the Academy side of things is to resolve the ongoing issues with downloads and so on.

This is a genuine question and I'm not trying to make a joke, but does BA test the game before releasing a patch? Because some of the issues are so glaringly obvious from ball-one that surely they were evident if testing was taking place.

If testing is happening and the patch is still released that raises all sorts of other questions...

Users who are viewing this thread