Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've reported this sound glitch way back on release, still its there :(
I can confirm to you that the report was tracked at the time, just matter of it making it to the top of someone's list to deal with.

Are the camera angles being looked at/ planned to be looked at in near future? If we use any "front of the batsman camera angle" such as broadcast/ fixed far/ fixed close, there is a jerk in the visual at the point when batsman hits the ball. I suppose this is because the camera is programmed to follow the ball strictly. So as soon as there is a sudden shift in the ball's trajectory, the camera makes a sudden shift as well.
It would be good to know which fielding/running cameras you are using - as sometimes these things at the exact combo. But it'll be something that gets looked in to.

I've only recently been able to download teams but every one I download wears blue gloves in a test match. I download wasteyouryouth's teams (amazing work btw) and I can see videos on YouTube of the players with white gloves, but on my xbox they're all blue.
Not sure what teams you're downloading - but basically a pass was done shortly after release to set players to use mostly white ones. Some players shared might have been shared before then - especially if they were created in the PC academy pre-release or very early on, and thus have the unedited gloves, and then those would remain colourful after downloading.

Yeah it seems the only way to change stumps in play now is to make a new match in match designer.... Again another thing that has regressed for some reason
I'm not sure what change you're referring to? The match type designer has always been the only way to change the stumps being used, it was in 19 and is in 22. In some cases the region you're playing in will override in some match types for licensing reasons. I certainly can't think of another way in C19 that you'd change stumps?

I understand that bug fixing is of the utmost importance, but is there any specific reason why sponsorships are not working in career mode? Did someone forget to turn that feature on or is it just buggy for whatever reason? I'd be interested to hear what's going on there?
Yeah, it's known that the sponsorships aren't triggering at this stage, unfortunately a number of other career things have needed to be resolved first before that could be finalised. It's on its way though, but I don't yet have an eta.

This is a genuine question and I'm not trying to make a joke, but does BA test the game before releasing a patch? Because some of the issues are so glaringly obvious from ball-one that surely they were evident if testing was taking place.
It's always a balance of considering known issues that do not get resolved for a patch, and the benefit of the changes that were resolved. For an example there, if there's a crash that a large portion of people are experiencing, a known regression somewhere else might be decided to be worth it for a faster resolution to a more significant issue.

That's not to say that everything is always found or known, sometimes something is only 'glaring' with a specific configuration, but one that wasn't able to be checked in the timeframes available to them, and other times they'll just kick themselves for missing something with as much anger as people in the public would have over it happening.

There's no perfect balance between getting fixes to people in a timely manner and the amount of testing time that would be ideal. We think the game's getting to a point where there should no longer be a need for many 'critical' updates, so as Ross recently mentioned, there's a move to a one a week patching timeframe as of next week.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW

I'm not going to be a nelly nagger, just wondering as to whether stadiums (licenced) will get another passover for visual glitches. Examples being MCG - seat colours, looks like textures not loading for concrete, and sight screens, lighting artifacts etc, and Karen Rolton Oval, some shadowing issues on some background environmental buildings.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Something I never really paid attention to until playing a Test match yesterday was that no crowd members appear on the grass banks in stadiums, this is the same for any standing areas within the grounds. I guess Big Ant couldn't work out how to get crowd members standing so left areas where that would occur empty, although I suppose in some ways its a trade off of sorts for not having the crowd capacity setting available on console.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Matt w i know your Team are busy dealing with the glitches etc and overall the game is a lot better than it was so thanks just wondering when thermal imaging will be back s Ross says it will be put back it as they had this for the real ashes

cricboi

Club Captain
Has anyone else experienced some weird glitches with outfield fielding since the last patch? I am increasingly experiencing players who don't pick up the ball but just run over it or kick it. I've also had this happen with my mid off fielder who will run over the ball, which is made even stranger by the fact the computer will start their run before the fielder runs over the ball, as if they know in advance that the glitch is going to happen.

D

Deleted member 185125

There's no perfect balance between getting fixes to people in a timely manner and the amount of testing time that would be ideal. We think the game's getting to a point where there should no longer be a need for many 'critical' updates, so as Ross recently mentioned, there's a move to a one a week patching timeframe as of next week.
Disagree, the game is still not at a stage where it should've been released. Features missing, game crashing, broken mechanics, promised game modes not included and new issues coming in with every new patch, this game release has been a huge dissapointment. I am sorry, but the experience this time has made me lose trust in BA. I still can't recommend to anyone to buy the game, at this stage.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@MattW I haven't played 19 but unless I'm being thick (high chance) I can't seem to edit say "One Day International" match type stumps or any existing match type it's like I need to create a new match myself then add the stumps I want but I remember in DBC14 there was an option to just change stumps and it'd do it for all match types.

EDIT: Just checked in game and with existing matches I can't edit the sponsors when I click on "Start Times" nothing can be edited, why is it like this? Also can pitch ads/rope/adboards be edited at all?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW I haven't played 19 but unless I'm being thick (high chance) I can't seem to edit say "One Day International" match type stumps or any existing match type it's like I need to create a new match myself then add the stumps I want but I remember in DBC14 there was an option to just change stumps and it'd do it for all match types.
Pressing the Copy button from the main list on the match type designer menu makes a copy of the match type where you can make all the edits you like, including stumps. Pitch Ads/Adboards, and I believe in the future ropes, are editable only on stadium creator stadiums.

Any chance for calming down the crowd during a test match?
I know this and a few other crowd related things have been noted, but don't have any particular updates on when they could get addressed.

I'm not going to be a nelly nagger, just wondering as to whether stadiums (licenced) will get another passover for visual glitches. Examples being MCG - seat colours, looks like textures not loading for concrete, and sight screens, lighting artifacts etc, and Karen Rolton Oval, some shadowing issues on some background environmental buildings.
I've passed that on to the stadium people.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Amongst the individual things you've been able to download on C'19 & C'22, such as players, bats and logos, I've been wondering why there's never been team uniforms able to be downloaded separately. In Cricket '19 I'd have to download and entire team and then copy the uniform, then delete the new downloaded team (which would sometimes leave behind players for some reason).

I hope BA can consider making these a separate downloadable, as surely these are just as important as bats?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Pressing the Copy button from the main list on the match type designer menu makes a copy of the match type where you can make all the edits you like, including stumps. Pitch Ads/Adboards, and I believe in the future ropes, are editable only on stadium creator stadiums.

I know this and a few other crowd related things have been noted, but don't have any particular updates on when they could get addressed.

I've passed that on to the stadium people.
@MattW This is regarding powerplays issue in match type designer. I know that we can make a copy of existing match types and edit powerplays. But this doesnt work if we create match types with 30 overs or 25 overs. Can you look into the powerplays issue and prioritize it if possible. I hope its a minor issue and doesnt need lot of time to work on.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW This is regarding powerplays issue in match type designer. I know that we can make a copy of existing match types and edit powerplays. But this doesnt work if we create match types with 30 overs or 25 overs. Can you look into the powerplays issue and prioritize it if possible. I hope its a minor issue and doesnt need lot of time to work on.
It's assigned to a programmer to resolve, I don't have any more info than that - it's known, reproducable and in the pipleine to be worked on.

What does auto bowling mean?
There's an option in the custom difficulty menu for "Automatic Bowling Action" - which is intended as an accessibility feature to let someone who can't quickly do two release timing button inputs for bowling to play. There were some issues with the implementation which meant it was not correctly triggering, thus would result in some no-balls or aborted deliveries despite it being turned on.

I hope BA can consider making these a separate downloadable, as surely these are just as important as bats?
It's just how the data structures are. Unlike bats, kits don't exist separate to the team - so the only way to share a kit is to share a team.

Users who are viewing this thread