Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's probably a sales tactic. Remove things on from this year's game and only add them back in when they release the next game and have everyone all excited for 'new' features. EA have been doing it for years and it looks like NAMCO/Bigant will be following suit.
Post automatically merged:

TWT2 is a monstrosity. An abomination of a tennis game. It's not even as good as tennis games from 10 years ago. It was a disgrace at release and it's barely any better now.
In fairness to Big Ant, the stadium creator, as far as I know, is newly built.

EA and other companies will remove things and then sell them back to you, while making you more likely to need them by making games more of a grind.

Big Ant aren't offering a scoreboard for £2.99, it's just not there (yet). The stadium creator, in my brief experience, is far more stable than the old version where routinely I'd have unexpected random issues.

Hester

County Cricketer

EA and other companies will remove things and then sell them back to you, while making you more likely to need them by making games more of a grind.

Big Ant aren't offering a scoreboard for £2.99, it's just not there (yet). The stadium creator, in my brief experience, is far more stable than the old version where routinely I'd have unexpected random issues.
Well, it's probably more stable because there's barely anything in it...

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
added rope to stadium academy???? What about mountains and other backgrounds? What about the scenery? What about coloured seats? What about scenery around the outside of the stadium? What about hills with the crowd on? What about... oh I give up...
What about scoreboard….hahaha… i think in BAS stadium its is not needed

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
added rope to stadium academy???? What about mountains and other backgrounds? What about the scenery? What about coloured seats? What about scenery around the outside of the stadium? What about hills with the crowd on? What about... oh I give up...

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Let's hope the current broken shots will finally see a fix this week as they're ultimately the highest priority. (If certain shots just aren't working in a cricket game then what's the point?) Although, sadly there seems no mention of correcting many of the known career mode issues which is a shame given just how popular the career mode has been in previous iterations, which in turn prompted them to change so much in the career mode this time around to make that more immersive.

Obviously it's something that'd have to come much later given that C22 still isn't yet up to a standard anticipated on day 1.....

However, as far as equipment goes C22 really could use some updated spikes, gloves & helmets, or at least a greater selection. Personally, I'd happily pay for that as a DLC at a reasonable cost, especially if they could gain some additional licensing for some of the big names in cricketing equipment/protection.

It'd also be nice if they could add something like a "kit bag" profiling option to allow us to separately save like a FC/test outfit & bat , a list A/ODI outfit & bat, & a T20 outfit & bat so that they'll automatically load depending on the format I'm actually playing, (rather than the one existing kit/colours & bat for all formats). I.e. we could have a different bat for each format, I could wear fielding glasses for T20 but not tests, I could wear a sun hat for tests but a baseball cap for ODI/T20, have different patterned/coloured spikes for each format, & so on without having to mess around manually changing it each time a new series starts.

The player appearance or facial customisation features are quite limited compared to those that were available in C19 too. It literally feels as if the current appearance choices/settings/adjustments were rushed because they were behind schedule so much of the extra customisation was simply left out perhaps to be added back in later. It'd be nice if some of the extra features for facial appearance from C19 could also be added to C22 as well for greater/finer control :).

Last edited:

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like that we're getting some bowling animations every now and then, but how about some fielding animations, diving outfielders for example.
We'll all be grumpy old men before that ever happens, people have been asking for it since the Don Bradman Cricket days.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

BA would probably offer up a scoreboard for 2.99 only for it to be see through and break the bowling engine

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
The stadium creator in DB17 hasn't crashed once for me after producing a dozen stadiums. So far I've had at least ten crashes with the new one, even though it's features are much more limited. Eventually I gave up...

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Let's hope the current broken shots will finally see a fix this week as they're ultimately the highest priority. (If certain shots just aren't working in a cricket game then what's the point?) Although, sadly there seems no mention of correcting many of the known career mode issues which is a shame given just how popular the career mode has been in previous iterations, which in turn prompted them to change so much in the career mode this time around to make that more immersive.

Obviously it's something that'd have to come much later given that C22 still isn't yet up to a standard anticipated on day 1.....

However, as far as equipment goes C22 really could use some updated spikes, gloves & helmets, or at least a greater selection. Personally, I'd happily pay for that as a DLC at a reasonable cost, especially if they could gain some additional licensing for some of the big names in cricketing equipment/protection.

It'd also be nice if they could add something like a "kit bag" profiling option to allow us to separately save like a FC/test outfit & bat , a list A/ODI outfit & bat, & a T20 outfit & bat so that they'll automatically load depending on the format I'm actually playing, (rather than the one existing kit/colours & bat for all formats). I.e. we could have a different bat for each format, I could wear fielding glasses for T20 but not tests, I could wear a sun hat for tests but a baseball cap for ODI/T20, have different patterned/coloured spikes for each format, & so on without having to mess around manually changing it each time a new series starts.

The player appearance or facial customisation features are quite limited compared to those that were available in C19 too. It literally feels as if the current appearance choices/settings/adjustments were rushed because they were behind schedule so much of the extra customisation was simply left out perhaps to be added back in later. It'd be nice if some of the extra features for facial appearance from C19 could also be added to C22 as well for greater/finer control :).

Re: Player Customisation

Have you pushed the button that accesses the advanced options?

I haven’t created players as in depth this time but think it’s a little closer to C19 than the initial simplicity of C22 options. On PS4 it’s L3 or something (Think you’re on XboX) once you’re within Beard for example.

You may be aware and it’s possibly still not as in depth as before.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
What about gold chains and thick beards, lol

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I like that we're getting some bowling animations every now and then, but how about some fielding animations, diving outfielders for example.
Don't mind new batting style to cover up bugs, I guess adding bowling option is the easiest thing, still think there will be around 10 more they are hiding

Users who are viewing this thread