Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Some slightly odd physics in the new patch. Below is a nick from a straight batted forward defensive shot which has somehow gone 5 feet over the head of my completely oblivious keeper.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 155537.png

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Re: Wicketkeeper

In C19, I always had my WK stood up to spinners and he would catch most things, often without my input. In C22, I’ve had to put him back otherwise the ball bounces off him. I have bounce set a little lower than norm but haven’t had any edges not carry. The ball is often edged into the ground in front of slip who I don’t bring right up but I mean it’s hit straight into the ground so they’re better off being back to field the ball.

I always have WK/slips up to any form of pace bowling.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Look like big ant studios is working on making new rugby game as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-26-22-25-25-613_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-26-22-25-25-613_com.android.chrome.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 76

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@MattW
Can your team please focus on community downloads issues for the next patch. Many good members from the community are getting frustrated and stopping creations because of all the issues we are having in downloading teams or players.

Here are few of the issues.
- Crashes when downloading teams.
- Crashes when downloading players.
- No link players option
- Takes lot of time to search and download.

Suggestion:
Give option to download only uniforms.

Note: The issues I mentioned are from Xbox Series X and I assume some of these issues exists on other platforms as well.

Last edited:

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not a good sign at all. I've carried out a complete C22 wipe, redownload & installed the latest version & it's crashed 8 times in the past 45 minutes, shutting my Xbox off each time. (Now 9 times, it just crashed again from the main C22 menu as I typed.)

Not one of my other games crash, just C bloody 22. I've NEVER experienced a game crashing a console so badly before that it actually shuts the device down either.

After this latest patch & the reinstall I also just used the base HARD setting until I get around to recreating my custom presets that are enhanced variants of hard to find I could no longer time anything at all.

Then, noticed that they've also completely messed with the early shot timing window (now set to 5) & late shot timing window (now set to 22). (Another oddity is they seem to have changed the pace bowling visual speed to 62 but if you press Y (set default value) it then immediately jumps to 70 anyway. Which do the fools want it at, 62 or 70??)

The hard early shot timing window has been set at 2 certainly for the entire life of C19 & until yesterday was also set at 2 since C22 was released. The hard late shot timing window again has been set at 33 certainly for the entire life of C19 & until yesterday was the same in C22 as well. (Pretty sure they were the exact same timing figures in Ashes Cricket too but happy to be corrected.)

So, why mess with long established timing settings that again affects everyone when it's something that just didn't need any tweaking or changing at all?. While it's difficult to see anything working well in C22 right now, those timings were actually perfect as they were. More messing with what just wasn't broken or was actually OK while simultaneously ignoring what's utterly borked.

I've also just retested the broken shots using all 6 batting styles after the wipe & the shots remain broken regardless of the actual batting style in use. If some of the batting styles aren't being affected by the broken shots, it's on another platform to the Xbox.

Last edited:

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Dose Anyone Know Of any Daterbase for cricket players batting .

By That i Mean There Strong Points And weakness Please . Thanks ian

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Nope, can't create ANY new competitions at all now citing full hard disk when in fact I have 1 TB internal storage & a 1TB expansion drive with nearly 225 GB currently free between them.

I'd be very surprised if I was the only one affected too, so that'll either need an immediate hot fix or countless users won't be able to start any new competitions indefinitely because of the game believing a hard drive is full.
Might be able to improve the message, but the issue is that the platforms apply specific limits on the amount of save data a given game can save, regardless of how much disk space you have. The game only sees the amount of storage space the game is allowed to use, so as far as the game knows, the drive is "full" once you have too many saves.

Also it would be great if you give option to add scoreboard in stadium creator instead these stuff. Thanks
Different people work on different things

Scoreboards are getting implemented - I saw it being worked on a few days back, and while I don't know the degree of complexity, I suspect that if it's not next patch it's likely the one after. As are a huge number of other elements as the stadium creator is further enhanced. The stadium creator in Ashes Cricket/C19 didn't add much if anything over what was in DBC17 as there were limitations in the original scope that made it really difficult to enhance, which ended up requiring the big rebuild of the feature for C22. It's being heavily worked on to bring back a lot of elements not currently there, and a lot of things that weren't previously possible.

Then, noticed that they've also completely messed with the early shot timing window (now set to 5) & late shot timing window (now set to 22). (Another oddity is they seem to have changed the pace bowling visual speed to 62 but if you press Y (set default value) it then immediately jumps to 70 anyway. Which do the fools want it at, 62 or 70??)
The patch made some adjustments to the defaults on some sliders, so people who start new will get slightly different default values on particular difficulties. The patch corrects your sliders to adjust your values to keep them the same as what you had pre-patch, but if you set to 'default' you will get a new number, because the default changed, but the game tried to keep your preference.

So if you want it how it was, set it to the new number you were given after the patch applied. If you want what the fools intended, use the default.

Can your team please focus on community downloads issues for the next patch. Many good members from the community are getting frustrated and stopping creations because of all the issues we are having in downloading teams or players.
Yep, I appreciate the frustrations on the community issues, it continues to be worked on - but appreciate any bug reports of specific things people try to download and can't, or other elements. Please keep sending through either tickets or posts in the bug thread about that, with specific cases of what you're trying to do.

Can anybody confirm this please. I have cricket 22 on xbox one(basic). Can I play multiplayer with a friend having xbox series X
The game can only be played online against the same generation, so an Xbox Series X can only play against other Xbox Series players. On PlayStation I know it's possible to install the PS4 version of the game on a PS5, which in turn would allow for multiplayer between the console generations, but I'm not sure if a similar thing can be done on Xbox Series to install the Xbox One version of the game, I'll try and find out, and update if I can.

The request for cross-gen online is noted, but is a significant technical challenge owing to the differences in the platforms.

-----

I've passed on to the people working on the batting a few posts made regarding particular shots, I'm told that back foot shots in particular are pending tuning.

Likewise, fielding is an ongoing element that is being worked on to get better.

Appreciate all the comments and feedback, and hope to be able to continue to address things in coming updates.

s0074845

Club Captain
Might be able to improve the message, but the issue is that the platforms apply specific limits on the amount of save data a given game can save, regardless of how much disk space you have. The game only sees the amount of storage space the game is allowed to use, so as far as the game knows, the drive is "full" once you have too many saves.

Different people work on different things

Scoreboards are getting implemented - I saw it being worked on a few days back, and while I don't know the degree of complexity, I suspect that if it's not next patch it's likely the one after. As are a huge number of other elements as the stadium creator is further enhanced. The stadium creator in Ashes Cricket/C19 didn't add much if anything over what was in DBC17 as there were limitations in the original scope that made it really difficult to enhance, which ended up requiring the big rebuild of the feature for C22. It's being heavily worked on to bring back a lot of elements not currently there, and a lot of things that weren't previously possible.

The patch made some adjustments to the defaults on some sliders, so people who start new will get slightly different default values on particular difficulties. The patch corrects your sliders to adjust your values to keep them the same as what you had pre-patch, but if you set to 'default' you will get a new number, because the default changed, but the game tried to keep your preference.

So if you want it how it was, set it to the new number you were given after the patch applied. If you want what the fools intended, use the default.

Yep, I appreciate the frustrations on the community issues, it continues to be worked on - but appreciate any bug reports of specific things people try to download and can't, or other elements. Please keep sending through either tickets or posts in the bug thread about that, with specific cases of what you're trying to do.

The game can only be played online against the same generation, so an Xbox Series X can only play against other Xbox Series players. On PlayStation I know it's possible to install the PS4 version of the game on a PS5, which in turn would allow for multiplayer between the console generations, but I'm not sure if a similar thing can be done on Xbox Series to install the Xbox One version of the game, I'll try and find out, and update if I can.

The request for cross-gen online is noted, but is a significant technical challenge owing to the differences in the platforms.

-----

I've passed on to the people working on the batting a few posts made regarding particular shots, I'm told that back foot shots in particular are pending tuning.

Likewise, fielding is an ongoing element that is being worked on to get better.

Appreciate all the comments and feedback, and hope to be able to continue to address things in coming updates.
@MattW any update on fine tuning AI shot selections across test one day and 20-20

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
Yup! There are no technicalities when it comes to bowling. You plan and ball 6 bowls or you just bowl same 6 balls the amount of runs you get it is the same. Wickets also feels random. Not played anyother mode till now just talking about t20. I dont like this slider changing thing. Thats not how games should be. Currently playing on veteran.
Ive tried maybe 6/7 different T20 games as England vs The West Indies. And I have tried Pro, Veteran, Legend difficulties and no matter what, they still go at 10/12 an over at will always score over 200. In addition I can barely take a wicket.

I have bowled less than 6 runs in an over maybe twice in all that time.

My bowling input is at least Perfect good most of the time.
I've tried bowling variety and i've tried bowling to a plan, and it doesnt seem to make any sort of difference its almost pre meditated that the AI is gonna wack you when they feel like it.

If anyone has any tips for short format i'd be glad to hear them, but at this point it just feels like the game is fundamentally broken and if i play the Windies 100 times they will score 200+ every single time.

has anyone else playd T20 with international teams and managed to bowl the opposition out for less than 150 ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm really confused about the proficiency system... I've just created a player I want to be a very fast bowler, so why can I only add one star to his bowling speed proficiency? He has three stars for length and line accuracy. Yet I can add all the stars (except one) to his fielding proficiency.. How on earth does this all work?

Yet default Cameron Green has four stars for all his bowling proficiencies... So confused @blockerdave @WealeyH
There are definitely less available stars for bowling proficiency than batting or fielding for custom players

Users who are viewing this thread