Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree Dave,playing some quality test matches,with varied dismissals and excellent run rates,even the fielding is improving.
Still sh#t myself though every time a patch is released :lol

are you using any sliders and what difficulty please

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@Matt Are they any plans to allow to pick a team or star player in competition mode as we had in cricket 19 with the 100 and cpl.Thanks
Coming soon, but it will allow you to do that across all competitions, so hopefully ends up being worth the wait.

@MattW any update on fine tuning AI shot selections across test one day and 20-20
No update at this point, that'll likely come after or as part of trying to get a good balance on their run rates, there's still work to go there.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My controversial opinion is that this is very close to a sensational game.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. It's not far off imo. However, blanket "put in a ticket, add bug report" etc when the game crashes when downloading etc is extremely frustrating. One version it works, then it's screwed up the next. But we get custom ropes, and do not get me wrong, that's refreshing because it is the first time in any iteration but it's soured by the fact no-one can download my Wanderers I edited yesterday with adboards and ropes because no-one can even search for my stuff.

Like others, I have started investing time in the game again and want to keep doing so but if it's not going to benefit anyone it's a waste of my precious time and I will move on. I like the game, and have fun but it needs to work.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't necessarily disagree with you. It's not far off imo. However, blanket "put in a ticket, add bug report" etc when the game crashes when downloading etc is extremely frustrating. One version it works, then it's screwed up the next. But we get custom ropes, and do not get me wrong, that's refreshing because it is the first time in any iteration but it's soured by the fact no-one can download my Wanderers I edited yesterday with adboards and ropes because no-one can even search for my stuff.

Like others, I have started investing time in the game again and want to keep doing so but if it's not going to benefit anyone it's a waste of my precious time and I will move on. I like the game, and have fun but it needs to work.
At this point I may as well give my stuff to old mate bigminge directly instead of him stealing it, as people seem to be able to download "his" stuff better than anyone else.

But yeah, I've had a few messages saying they can't find some of my stuff. I've got quite a bit to upload but won't bother until the academy is way more stable. Just feels like I'm wasting my time atm.

Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
At this point I may as well give my stuff to old mate bigminge directly instead of him stealing it, as people seem to be able to download "his" stuff better than anyone else.

But yeah, I've had a few messages saying they can't find some of my stuff. I've got quite a bit to upload but won't bother until the academy is way more stable. Just feels like I'm wasting my time atm.
I am bigminge... but you can call me Freddle

Rowdoss

Club Captain
My controversial opinion is that this is very close to a sensational game.
I agree. At the very least, most would have to admit there’s a gem hiding underneath.
It seems there is a large gap between what steam and ps5 users are getting versus the rest, with some big problems on last gen and Xbox.

But that is not unique in games that are stretched over various consoles and generations.

In fact most games that have tried to cover all bases over the last 2 years have generally found it difficult.
I actually went back to C19 and Bradman 17 this week (mainly to compare what had left the game in terms of creation tools) and it’s actually astonishing the difference between 17 and 22. (As you’d hope)

Last night in career mode I had the pleasure of chasing down a big total in the big bash, huge atmosphere, graphically great underlights and a win with 3 balls to spare, it was a genuinely awesome experience.
I think once we get through the hiccups, this game will provide plenty of that.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
In fact most games that have tried to cover all bases over the last 2 years have generally found it difficult.
I actually went back to C19 and Bradman 17 this week (mainly to compare what had left the game in terms of creation tools) and it’s actually astonishing the difference between 17 and 22. (As you’d hope)
I totally respect your opinion but I did the same and found DB17 light years ahead in terms of gameplay, AI field settings and realistic run rates. The DB17 animations actually look like people playing cricket with realistic AI shot choices and smooth behaviour. C22 has some very ugly batting animations, warping batsmen and fielders, bizarre and very scripted run rates and stuttery bowling. That's before you consider the crashing, Academy problems and the inadequate stadium editor. I want to love C22 but just don't enjoy it in its current state. It is strange how people can play the same game and take such different views, but in a way I'm pleased some people are enjoying it... if it crashes and burns who knows when we'll get another cricket game?

caprikaps

Club Captain
No update at this point, that'll likely come after or as part of trying to get a good balance on their run rates, there's still work to go there.
Thanks @MattW , while the tests are there to enjoy, the AI run rate and shots are rather a more pressing issue at this point which makes the ODIs and T20’s almost unplayable.

I’m on PS5 - played an ODI yesterday after the new update against the WI (AI) and they smashed me for 60 sixes on a small Sabina park stadium. And most of it were last ball/first ball sixes. The score line was 387/3 for me to chase on a veteran difficulty and AI run rate brought down to 30.

Gameplay first and rest can follow is probably how it should be - Pls look into this if you wanna cover all basis.

Last edited:

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
@MattW Are you guys aware of the issue with the wicketkeeper. Wicketkeepers literally don’t react to the catches anymore. It happens more while bowling spin but it does happen with pace too.
My keeper has been useless for the last 3 weeks or so. Doesn't react to any catches. And last night as an added bonus, the ball went right through him as well. Only thing I can think of is that my keeper has died and transformed into a ghost. My slips seem to be fine, but my keeper... the poor guy has lost his will to live...

Users who are viewing this thread