Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Abcd9994

Club Captain
@MattW , some players have experienced that AI bowlers who are differently handed to user batter (RH bowler to LH batter and vice versa) keep bowling straight quite often. Also AI spinners bowl way way outside off stump, many a times resulting in multiple wides in any given over.

Are these issues being looked at/ the team aware of these issues?

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Out of interest, what platform are you on?
I agree with you on the animations and a few things like AI run rate. But I think we aren’t far away. I actually got a refund in the first 2 weeks for my Xbox series X copy and went to playstation 5. I’m luckily not having many crashes at all and apart from academy being painfully slow it works for me 95% of the time.
PS4 - yes I suppose the jerky frame rates and crashing may be less of a problem on PS5.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just had a thought from one of the previous posts, are there injuries in the game? If not will they be implemented?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just noticed that some of the slider values have been changed automatically. Gosh is that the tuning Big Ant were doing in terms of shot correction. Batting was feeling really odd up until I noticed difference in "Pace bowling visual speed" .
Post automatically merged:

It's always Sunny conditions even after choosing spring/ reduced. No overcast weather
I honestly think BA should bring in the option to decide whether to play in overcast or rainy or whatever weather it is. The current system they have in the game is a joke

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Just had a thought from one of the previous posts, are there injuries in the game? If not will they be implemented?
Haven't seen any myself but think someone raised the issue of having to retire hurt in career mode.

I have seen both batsmen and bowlers get close to 0% fatigue but not quite get to 0 so would be interested to see what happens.
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone seen any more stumpings? Seems like they are way too rare.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
It seems that there is a limited pool of points for bowling proficiencies for a custom player ( but not for batting or fielding). A bug perhaps?
The team advise me that this is not a bug, but by design. Presume bowlers would otherwise be overpowered.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW : I have already created a ticket with Support Big Ant but please pass this to the developer:

Big Ant has been working hard to implement dynamic weather system and so far they have been able to successfully implement it in the game. However, we are still waiting to see some improvements.

1) Game does not stop when it rain. Please make sure that game stops when it start to rain in overcast condition. Cut scene to show covers coming in and players leaving the field
2) Cut scene to show the rain delay (Either via clock or on the video screen)
3). When rain stops after delay cut scene to show pitch cover coming off and player walking back again.
4) Ability to select Sunny, Overcast and random weather when selecting a match. Cricket 19 has it and it is present in Cricket 22 as well but not correctly implemented.
5). Bad light and game is called off due to this. Currently the game carries on with flood lights on when playing a test match even if it is not a day night test.

Brian Lara Cricket 99 had implemented this successfully and I hope it is Big Ant can also implement it.

Last edited:

Full Tosser

School Cricketer
There's doesn't seem to be a way to push and run and steal a run in C22, always satisfying to deny an opponent a maiden over and keep the run rate ticking over.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
There's doesn't seem to be a way to push and run and steal a run in C22, always satisfying to deny an opponent a maiden over and keep the run rate ticking over.
I think all the animations for precision shot need a over haul, same goes for the the backfoot lofted shots. I don’t mind them going for sixes but need better animations.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
It’s subjective on whether he left the crease to avoid an injury or not :p

The law states

A batsman is not run out if he or his bat had been grounded behind the popping crease, but he subsequently leaves it to avoid injury, when the wicket is put down

edit - My bad! Saw the video again. He was inside the crease when the bails came off so shouldn’t be out
I think this law has changed, once a batsman has made his ground he is IN, not matter what happens after.

Users who are viewing this thread