Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
This was their first innings (Batting second). I’ve had more variables in limited overs including ODIs where for example, I’ve ripped through a team but not done so in the next game… which is absolutely fine but in Tests I’ve really struggled to rip through a side (Playing on Hard/Veteran with few adjustments now). Though I’ve played five/six Tests (On or about Medium/Pro) I’ve been tinkering all the time and managed to set pretty big totals. I’m interested to see how this one goes when they bat last chasing prob 300-350 with plenty of time. I know a lot of people feel the AI tend to chase comfortably. Think I’m playing on a dry standard pitch.
As Waste has suggested, standard dry is perhaps the best strip there is for batting, so depending on the weather you might have had quite little wear, making 300 or so seems more doable.

I assume it’s an adjuster, not an absolute slider. If default is 50 I assume that means you’re not adjusting the “base” WC variable (determined by pitch, weather, ball condition etc.).

If you set the slider over 50 that will be increasing the base variable, under 50 you’ll be reducing it.

This is my assumption for all sliders. You’re setting the adjustment of the base +\- not setting an absolute value.
This is a good summary, and my take on it as well.

Speaking hypothetically, if you use a terrible team and bowl with them, and let the AI bat as say, India, pick a standard dry pitch, make the weather sunny and hot, even with WC at 100 you're not going to skittle them. There's too many other variables in play. All you're doing is making the chances of a wicket move from very remote to simply just remote. Maxed slider, little tangible difference.

What you're doing with the slider is altering the current situation you're in to make a wicket chance more likely in that situation. If you're in a situation where chances are going to be at a premium anyway, then it'll probably look like the slider isn't doing anything.

That's why I asked what inning you were in, as in theory, you've got less chance of taking wickets the earlier in a match you are, regardless of what you've set the slider to.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's really weird how different the bugs are on each console,just goes to show what a difficult job BA have got.
Since the last patch on Wednesday i've played 60 overs,and it's the first time i've never had any overthrows.
Well I am having an overthrow at least once every 5 overs. I think the automatic fielding is also playing its part. People who have got manual fielding has reported less issues I think. But the keeper and the bowler not collecting the ball is a strange thing and I wouldn’t have been frustrated if it wasn’t costing me runs.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
That option to just download visuals skills etc of a player gone in cricket 22?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Well I am having an overthrow at least once every 5 overs. I think the automatic fielding is also playing its part. People who have got manual fielding has reported less issues I think. But the keeper and the bowler not collecting the ball is a strange thing and I wouldn’t have been frustrated if it wasn’t costing me runs.

I’m on semi-assisted fielding and generally avoided overthrows (bar maybe one or two in 150 overs) in my last innings but the ball is often hitting the wicketkeeper rather than him collecting it. Sometimes a fielder stood behind him will collect it/inadvertently stop the ball. In my last innings when batting, I had one overthrow go in my favour.

I also lost a wicket last night, similar to what people have been saying, where the slip fielder dived behind the motionless ‘keeper and caught the ball when it should’ve been a routine catch for the inert gloveman.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I’m on semi-assisted fielding and generally avoided overthrows (bar maybe one or two in 150 overs) in my last innings but the ball is often hitting the wicketkeeper rather than him collecting it. Sometimes a fielder stood behind him will collect it/inadvertently stop the ball. In my last innings when batting, I had one overthrow go in my favour.

I also lost a wicket last night, similar to what people have been saying, where the slip fielder dived behind the motionless ‘keeper and caught the ball when it should’ve been a routine catch for the inert gloveman.
I wouldn’t mind if the catches are actually taken. But at the moment the keeper stands still and let it hit on his body and go down. But I think this thing happens maybe once or twice in a game but the overthrows are happening a lot especially in the career mode. While playing International cricket it seems to be a bit better. I wonder if it has got anything to do with players’ skill.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Certain field sets or custom fields are more prevalent for overthrows and in semi-auto that I use, I tend to get one every 10-12 overs. I've wondered if it's partly due to choosing the throw-for-the-stumps option rather than the throw-to-the-stump-guard option?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Certain field sets or custom fields are more prevalent for overthrows and in semi-auto that I use, I tend to get one every 10-12 overs. I've wondered if it's partly due to choosing the throw-for-the-stumps option rather than the throw-to-the-stump-guard option?
Could be due to the field setting. But my fielding is always set to fully assisted.
Post automatically merged:

PS4 and always up to date with patches.
I think it is us Ps4 users affected with the most number of issues at the moment. Maybe Xbox one users also but I think other platforms are fine

Users who are viewing this thread