Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
Playing another Test match. Something I noticed about AI run rate. I had it set to 18 and they would swing the bat at every ball, almost never leave it, and score about 2.5 an over. I set it to 0 and they leave everything. I set it to 2 and they go back to swinging at everything but every time they hit it, it goes straight to a fielder for no run. This is so weird.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Playing another Test match. Something I noticed about AI run rate. I had it set to 18 and they would swing the bat at every ball, almost never leave it, and score about 2.5 an over. I set it to 0 and they leave everything. I set it to 2 and they go back to swinging at everything but every time they hit it, it goes straight to a fielder for no run. This is so weird.

Be interesting to see how you bowl as that isn’t strictly how it play for everyone. I can’t get them to leave 3-4 balls an over pretty comfortably. Even with run rate in the 30’s

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why can't we edit skills of umpires when we download them?

I get that the 'authors' of the academy wouldn't like copy pastas of their appearance and shared by others, but maybe allow editing the skills of umpire though..

I like variety in decisions, but those I have downloaded have their skills around 90-100 which would be almost Robot level accurate, then it'd just spoil those tense close calls..

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
@MattW My career player bowling HUD timing is cramped. Am sure it was normal in the first 2 games. From 3rd game (3 day club game) (before v1.24 in PS4) his HUD looks like this. Thought this v1.24 patch would correct this but it didn't. Its the same in all the remaining games as well. Any suggestions.

Attachments

• PXL_20220206_152454026.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220206_152454026.MP.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 35

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Why can't we edit skills of umpires when we download them?

I get that the 'authors' of the academy wouldn't like copy pastas of their appearance and shared by others, but maybe allow editing the skills of umpire though..

I like variety in decisions, but those I have downloaded have their skills around 90-100 which would be almost Robot level accurate, then it'd just spoil those tense close calls..
Surely that would just defeat the object of someone creating an umpire, you would basically be using there visuals only. Downloading the creater tool on a PC for free and making your own is actually quite easy then you can use them in your own games.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I just took a wicket via a stumping in career. I know that some people have suggested this is broken but in a 3-day club game on Hard difficulty as an off-spinner in Pakistan, I just took a perfectly respectable stumping. On PS4.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Surely that would just defeat the object of someone creating an umpire, you would basically be using there visuals only. Downloading the creater tool on a PC for free and making your own is actually quite easy then you can use them in your own games.
Well many here are onto "reskilling" players, so I thought why not umpires. If I remember right, it was possible to edit umpire skills in Cricket 19.

Its just one of many good things they forgot to carry over from the previous one..

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
I just took a wicket via a stumping in career. I know that some people have suggested this is broken but in a 3-day club game on Hard difficulty as an off-spinner in Pakistan, I just took a perfectly respectable stumping. On PS4.
Excellent. From what I can tell AI stumpings are in the game but incredibly rare as the AI doesn't play enough advance shots - i've seen one in about 300 hours of play.

Hester

County Cricketer
Be interesting to see how you bowl as that isn’t strictly how it play for everyone. I can’t get them to leave 3-4 balls an over pretty comfortably. Even with run rate in the 30’s
I mainly bowl just outswingers outside off stump. They try to slog everything but it goes straight to a fielder. Or I'll bowl inswingers on a full length and the same thing happens. I'd say they leave 1 ball outside off stump once every 25 overs.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Can anybody tell why I am getting caught out of edge even when my timing is ideal?
My view is that yeah, early and okay should get edges and good in some instances if the ball is particularly good. Ideal timing shouldn't really give edges and how the game currently is, it's not exactly rare either.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW My career player bowling HUD timing is cramped. Am sure it was normal in the first 2 games. From 3rd game (3 day club game) (before v1.24 in PS4) his HUD looks like this. Thought this v1.24 patch would correct this but it didn't. Its the same in all the remaining games as well. Any suggestions.
That just looks like you are on hardest difficulty?

Users who are viewing this thread