Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

andrew56

Club Captain
Has anyone been able to play scoop shot or ramp in the lastest patch.
I hope they add forward dives in the game.
What does anyone think should be added to the game

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Has anyone been able to play scoop shot or ramp in the lastest patch.
I hope they add forward dives in the game.
What does anyone think should be added to the game
I've had a scoop or ramp come up when I've tried to do a backfoot sweep sometimes. Even with ideal timing they have only ever gone up a little then come back down to the keeper about 15m behind the batsman. They don't seem to travel much at all.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bowling has become drab after the latest patch. After touch control is does not work.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
What about the other two? It’s no good having perfect timing if you’ve botched the shot or used dodgy footwork
I’ve been dismissed with edges on
OK IDEAL IDEAL
I can live with it.
We have no choice but to live with it, but my issue is particularly with that 'ok' footwork bit.

There are so many instances, one of them which I find mind boggling is when I point around 1-2'o clock in the left stick for a full ball in fourth stump and get 'ok ideal ideal' edged to WK.

Sometimes the game says front foot as poor footwork for a yorker-ish ball in the stumps like what else can you do?

I have tried both scenarios for placing footwork,
  1. Where I place it according to the ball like where its coming, which way its gonna swing/end up and try to cover the line (this is the more appropriate one)
  2. Where I place it according to the shot I'm trying to play (tried because of existence of arcade controls and how it works where you select the region and game takes care of FW)
But both of these I've found no luck in finding what the game actually wants me to place..

I'm not saying awesome balls shouldn't get edges, its the repetition of same kinda dismissals, where game wants something illogical which puts me off..

Last edited:

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I mainly bowl just outswingers outside off stump. They try to slog everything but it goes straight to a fielder. Or I'll bowl inswingers on a full length and the same thing happens. I'd say they leave 1 ball outside off stump once every 25 overs.

I've found it really depends on the pitch, same with lbws someone else mentioned.

In my career I vary the pitch whether I'm home or away and there is a considerable difference in how you need to bowl on the different surfaces imho.

I bowl left arm fast medium. At home on our green medium I largely bowl good length inswingers, varying length within the good length range with aftertouch. I'll also bowl standard balls looking to move the ball away off the seam. I've had loads of nicks and a few very satisfying lbws where I've genuinely felt like I've set the batsman up.

Away, on harder pitches I generally bowl short of a good length or just short. Fewer swinging deliveries, more standard, cross seam and bouncers. With the occasional cutter and yorker. Again I've had nicks, play ons off the gloves defending bouncers and a few lbws to cutters.

Bowling is definitely hard and there are improvements to be made but if you just consider, like in real life, you can't bowl the same on every pitch, you might get a bit more joy. I'm finding it very rewarding.

I also bowl to 1/3/5 slips to try and cover as much ground for edges as they tend to go more square than fine. And needless to say, use Rumple's slider settings.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm liking the latest patch in terms of fluidity and animations. Fewer random smashes and more twos and threes. Great pacing.

One observation, and I can't believe I've missed this or maybe everyone else has, but do the AI ever leave balls when a spinner is bowling?

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm liking the latest patch in terms of fluidity and animations. Fewer random smashes and more twos and threes. Great pacing.

One observation, and I can't believe I've missed this or maybe everyone else has, but do the AI ever leave balls when a spinner is bowling?
They have to me, but it is rare, bowling wide can get them to leave it. (tests)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

I've seen it, but it depends on the game situation and the players involved. Also, if the AI happens to have hit a boundary early in an over, they can be content to see a few balls off later in the over and shoulder arms rather than driving at it.

Hester

County Cricketer

the most common shot I see when I bowl spin, even if I bowl yorker length, is the AI will stand on one leg and do some weird animation off the back foot and kind of lob the ball up in the air to the boundary.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've seen it, but it depends on the game situation and the players involved. Also, if the AI happens to have hit a boundary early in an over, they can be content to see a few balls off later in the over and shoulder arms rather than driving at it.
shoulders arms...inside the ring...there are 2 types of leaves in cricket.

Triggered.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone let me know which bowling style is Josh Hazlewood’s please In game thanks?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
the most common shot I see when I bowl spin, even if I bowl yorker length, is the AI will stand on one leg and do some weird animation off the back foot and kind of lob the ball up in the air to the boundary.
There are two shots in this game that make me want to go onto the back foot and dispatch my Xbox remote into a different postal code... this stupid backfoot lob into orbit and the "gentle run" down to 3rd man, off a spin bowler, played between the keeper and 2nd slip that is supposed to use the pace of the ball to get it down to the 3rd man region, but somehow the AI can play the shot looking like the ball has been shot out of a cannon to get to the boundary. I can somehow deal with some of the other weird shots, but these two will be the end of me...

Hester

County Cricketer
There are two shots in this game that make me want to go onto the back foot and dispatch my Xbox remote into a different postal code... this stupid backfoot lob into orbit and the "gentle run" down to 3rd man, off a spin bowler, played between the keeper and 2nd slip that is supposed to use the pace of the ball to get it down to the 3rd man region, but somehow the AI can play the shot looking like the ball has been shot out of a cannon to get to the boundary. I can somehow deal with some of the other weird shots, but these two will be the end of me...
Yep! They are 2 things in the game that drive me nuts! And that stupid TONK sound when they're 'guiding' it between WK and slip... omg.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yep! They are 2 things in the game that drive me nuts! And that stupid TONK sound when they're 'guiding' it between WK and slip... omg.
I keep hearing that sound... it haunts my dreams at night... bahahaha!!

Speaking of annoying sounds... when last has anyone heard the "Two types of leaves in cricket" comment? Haven't heard it in a while, NOT that I'm complaining! Also not hearing the 3rd dot ball in a row comment in FC matches anymore either. Two small positives at least...

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
While bowling I wan to understand what is good and what is bad ball , AI Plays according to there program .

Users who are viewing this thread