Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just be patient and wait for the patches. Game is improved with patches there's no doubt. And more features will be added in the future updates. Just need to be patient.
Yup massive improvement with a motionless wicketkeeper and overthrows. No offence but I hated the last two patches in terms of gameplay.
Post automatically merged:

@MattW Really frustrating issue the following one. Runs are leaking due to these overthrows and is spoiling the whole experience. This is the 3rd instance inside 13 overs in an ODI game. Going back to Cricket 19 for now

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Yup massive improvement with a motionless wicketkeeper and overthrows. No offence but I hated the last two patches in terms of gameplay.

@MattW Really frustrating issue the following one. Runs are leaking due to these overthrows and is spoiling the whole experience. This is the 3rd instance inside 13 overs in an ODI game. Going back to Cricket 19 for now
I had this problem a lot but I’ve worked out if I place my bowler at the wickets and keep pressing x it stops it (so far)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fielders sliding over rope- Since launch of game.
Fielders getting hit by ball without response- Since launch of game.
Fielders playing soccer with the ball- Getting them often.
None responsive career bowler- Since launch of game.

I know for a fact they won’t fix the Career bowler because it is scripted that way for the AI to get runs. Deleting my Career because it is pointless if they can’t get the basics right. Cricket 22 have some nice eye candy but Cricket 19 much more realistic.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still cant stop the "release" in IDEAL when using hard bowling. it is completely broken on Playstation 5.

@MattW is there any progress with this?
Yep can't stop at ideal in standard controls. I raised ticket already and have you raised ticket?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
@MattW Women's cricket need a fine tuning... boundaries in Women's game are closer than the men's game, but the power produced with the bat in both men's and women's matches are same... which leads more sixes in women's matches compares to men's... for example if a aggressive shot hit on men's match, which is just bounce before boundary line will be a six in women's matches...
Also other simulated matches in women's competition and career mode are unrealistic... it allways sim a match more like a men's game... for example in Women's BBL, every AI simulated match score are 180 to 200 runs with average of 3 wickets fall per innings...
Submitted Ticket number is #10321

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Can anybody tell why I am getting caught out of edge even when my timing is ideal?

Happens in real life too. Sometimes a ball is just too good. I like that this can happen in game but I can understand people not liking it.
yes, not always down to timing but also shot selection, or bad luck as a ball is (as stated) too good.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
@MattW Women's cricket need a fine tuning... boundaries in Women's game are closer than the men's game, but the power produced with the bat in both men's and women's matches are same... which leads more sixes in women's matches compares to men's... for example if a aggressive shot hit on men's match, which is just bounce before boundary line will be a six in women's matches...
Also other simulated matches in women's competition and career mode are unrealistic... it allways sim a match more like a men's game... for example in Women's BBL, every AI simulated match score are 180 to 200 runs with average of 3 wickets fall per innings...
Submitted Ticket number is #10321
Not always the same the boundaries are drawn in to facilitate physical differences although some women are now physically stronger but the differential is so wide but probably many women are still not at a physically strong position to match the mens' game.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
@MattW My career player bowling HUD timing is cramped. Am sure it was normal in the first 2 games. From 3rd game (3 day club game) (before v1.24 in PS4) his HUD looks like this. Thought this v1.24 patch would correct this but it didn't. Its the same in all the remaining games as well. Any suggestions.
That's hard (insane) difficulty, however, widening the timing window would that widen the bands but keep the competitiveness of the game?

Balls 1-5 are good balls. Ball 6 is a bad ball. ;)
But there still persists the last two balls were the AI just slams it to the boundary. Not always a bad ball.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Not always the same the boundaries are drawn in to facilitate physical differences although some women are now physically stronger but the differential is so wide but probably many women are still not at a physically strong position to match the mens' game.
I don't have a problem with a boundary rope in women's matches, actually it is accurate according to real life... but in Cricket 22, both men batter and women batter share same level of power... because of that, every women's game there are plenty of sixes hit by AI compare to men's game...

Ragz

Club Cricketer
Aggressive grounded shots with late timing are going high up in the air. Instead it should either end up as an edge or miss the bat completely.

Even when a normal flick off the pads is played very late to a fast bowler, I'm getting leading edges towards mid on very often. Instead the batsman should be inside edging to pads or missing it for lbw or bowled through the gate when played late.

It's the early timed shots which should be lobbing up in the air or getting leading edges because the bat face closes too early but the reverse is happening.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I don't have a problem with a boundary rope in women's matches, actually it is accurate according to real life... but in Cricket 22, both men batter and women batter share same level of power... because of that, every women's game there are plenty of sixes hit by AI compare to men's game...
Ah, my apologies, I see where you are coming from, So this would be an inaccurate simulation of the game? And talking down the sliders would mean a holistic slider for the game in general but a new set of difficulty settings can be matched if they work at all. I have never played the women's game but they should be a lot more under powered for the game to reflect the 'simulation' aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread