Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

USA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was among the people who pre-ordered the game. Played about five minutes on the day of release and turned it off totally disgusted.

Even given the pandemic situation, I was not happy with the product that Big Ant had put out. Since then I have been regularly reading the forums to keep myself updated with what is going on with the game.

Even as the updates from BA were coming in, just reading what was in the update/patch and the feedback from gamers told me that game was still unplayable. So I continued to stay away from it and stuck to C19.

Things have/did change over the last month or so. From what I saw over the past few weeks is that BA have organized themselves in what, when, why to address and fix issues. The recent patches have been organized and addressing issues one at a time. Combine this with @MattW patiently answering questions on this forum, I would say BA have their act together on where to take this game.

The last patch from Feb 16th had me fire the game up and play an extended amount of time. I primarily bat unlike many on this forum. I have to say the potential of this game is starting to peek out into the bright sun. Hope BA continue to go in the right direction and bring the game out fully and get to its full potential. There is still quite a way to go to get there. And I am sure BA will get it there.

In the meanwhile kudos to @BigAntStudios team for picking yourself off the mat and start the process of setting things right.

Last edited:

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW can u please check this and comment. Or it was also meant for 4.

View attachment 263902
Which controls u played that shot ? I dont get lofted shot in this . can u get SIX in this shot ? tried ? i think BA hasnt given this shot in any of games . SIX loft in this position shot is impossible in BA games :( Sadly

caprikaps

Club Captain
We are stil getting through this with 3rd month into the game. This is on PS5 (the next gen console) with latest patch. CA8A901B-B9C2-495C-A6CA-90883D476038.jpeg
7799d502-c1c2-42c1-a695-735d97c0460d-jpeg.263943

Attachments

• 7799D502-C1C2-42C1-A695-735D97C0460D.jpeg
    7799D502-C1C2-42C1-A695-735D97C0460D.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 220

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How ridiculously overpowered are lofted backfoot shots?

You can smash each and every good length or back of length delivery for sixes out of the stadium on hardest or even custom hardest difficulty.
Yes this need to be fixed

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Anyone having a camera issue with the broadcast (1 2 3) after hitting the ball? The camera seems to be jumping around while AI is fielding or throwing (panning back and forth and zooming in and out. It's quite jarring. I am on the latest patch on Ps5.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Anyone having a camera issue with the broadcast (1 2 3) after hitting the ball? The camera seems to be jumping around while AI is fielding or throwing (panning back and forth and zooming in and out. It's quite jarring. I am on the latest patch on Ps5.
Yes the camera need to be adjusted in upcoming patch

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Is it me or just that you cannot get wickets when you bowl in this game? AI is too strong to take an edge or lbw. Somehow the ball hits the bat and flies away. Bowling is disgustingly harder and batting not so hard and you can play shots even with hardest difficulty

azkhan

Associate Captain
How ridiculously overpowered are lofted backfoot shots?

You can smash each and every good length or back of length delivery for sixes out of the stadium on hardest or even custom hardest difficulty.
Also noticed the CPU playing more back foot lofted shots that fly to the boundary. It just doesn't look natural when they do it.

FaizanN

Club Captain
Also noticed the CPU playing more back foot lofted shots that fly to the boundary. It just doesn't look natural when they do it.
This is the major concern in t20s when AI is chasing…they can easily chase even 300 plus with these Backfoot sixes

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Is it me or just that you cannot get wickets when you bowl in this game? AI is too strong to take an edge or lbw. Somehow the ball hits the bat and flies away. Bowling is disgustingly harder and batting not so hard and you can play shots even with hardest difficulty
Which format are you facing issues? The simplest solution is reduce Striker timing and increase wicket chance. T20s is very hard (at times you get super lucky) . But able to pick wickets in odis and test like in real life after adjusting sliders.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Factual, the fielding animations from that game were leaps ahead of what we have now!
Cool, I just get the general feel of DB14 was more 'organic' sounds an odd statement but I just felt it was less scripted (if that makes sense).

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Depends on what you think as a realistic value. With 54 I am getting good and bad days a bowler. From going 6 an over to 11an over, based on the pitch conditions and form of batsman I'm bowling to.
I would say having the ability to bowl an over and not be smashed around with the odd boundary off the over than being carted around most balls, in laymans terms you must be able to bowl a maiden sometimes. Again, it seems so scripted to have five dots and then get smashed as if the AI has to keep up with a pre determined run rate.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I’ve got wicket chance at 70 and finding it a little easy now (career with spinner) took 7/55 last night with a variety of wickets rather than stick to a plan I just mix it up a lot and that seems to work I also look at batters weaknesses and play to that Also notice the WK is massively improved after recent patch taking some great catches

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
I think adding Mitchell Johnson bowling action will be great addition????
Any many other batting instances.......

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I’ve got wicket chance at 70 and finding it a little easy now (career with spinner) took 7/55 last night with a variety of wickets rather than stick to a plan I just mix it up a lot and that seems to work I also look at batters weaknesses and play to that Also notice the WK is massively improved after recent patch taking some great catches
Wicket Chance on 70 does for spinners what Wicket Chance on 95 does for pace bowlers. Spinners pick up wickets significantly easier than pacers.

Users who are viewing this thread