Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol at the name change of the thread. Maybe someone might ask @tMattw are you ok? Lol

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So test match:

AI nudge it into gaps more.
Start their innings off slowly while red, look to rotate and build innings.
Defend and leave the good balls.
No random rash slogs..
No obvious scripting of boundaries.

I played yesterday and South Africa went at just under 3’s for their 232 and Australia were 91/3 at lunch in my other match.
Out of curiosity, are these with default or reskilled players?

hk613

School Cricketer
Default mate. Run rate everything default.

Actually I ran it with reskilled South Africa and then default Australia.

Two slightly different builds. The one that’s public I ran with default Australia.
Have you noticed some fielding changes ? stuff like more men on leg side. and how does batting feel for left handers now ?

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I understand that this is probably not high in the priority list for BA, but I'm dealing with an issue in The Hundred Draft where the AI get to pick the same player for multiple teams. This isn't just restricted to one team. For example, I was playing a Birmingham Phoenix campaign yesterday and Ben Stokes was part of both the Manchester Originals and Welsh Fire squads. Same with Jofra Archer for the Fire and the Oval Invincibles. Another issue that I keep getting is that a player that I've already picked in the draft, their name keeps appearing in the list of when I get my next draft pick. Also, the occasional game crash during draft mode itself.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Have you tried playing with spinners? Do we still have the bat-pad issue in the game?
+ How many of these dismissals were lbws or caught at slips/gully?

Yeah I didn’t have much joy with the spinner in the test.

I did get that bat pad thing in an ODI but have spoken to a dev about it. But also I don’t mind it sparingly if it’s a legitimately bat pad.

I had catches all along the slip cordon and plenty of LBW’s and bowleds.

E5932312-9164-460B-BC91-5FD6532E9148.png

That’s the scorecard. Grassy. Overcast. Miserable.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I understand that this is probably not high in the priority list for BA, but I'm dealing with an issue in The Hundred Draft where the AI get to pick the same player for multiple teams. This isn't just restricted to one team. For example, I was playing a Birmingham Phoenix campaign yesterday and Ben Stokes was part of both the Manchester Originals and Welsh Fire squads. Same with Jofra Archer for the Fire and the Oval Invincibles. Another issue that I keep getting is that a player that I've already picked in the draft, their name keeps appearing in the list of when I get my next draft pick. Also, the occasional game crash during draft mode itself.
I had the same issue last night, I fancied a go and selected Jadaja (Indian players can't play but that's another matter) and another team also picked him. By the time the draft finished there were multiple players playing for both teams. I couldn't play the comp as it just wasn't realistic

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I had the same issue last night, I fancied a go and selected Jadaja (Indian players can't play but that's another matter) and another team also picked him. By the time the draft finished there were multiple players playing for both teams. I couldn't play the comp as it just wasn't realistic
Realism in this game was never a big thing anyway. If you had an India career mode, you could still play the PSL in C19. Same with a Pakistan career playing the IPL.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Realism in this game was never a big thing anyway. If you had an India career mode, you could still play the PSL in C19. Same with a Pakistan career playing the IPL.
I'm torn on this. I like realism and would love some things like overseas player limits improved. However, there's so much bullshit in the cricketing world (political, structural) that can be ignored and improved upon.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm torn on this. I like realism and would love some things like overseas player limits improved. However, there's so much bullshit in the cricketing world (political, structural) that can be ignored and improved upon.
I agree. Its really surprising there are no overseas restrictions in The Hundred draft mode. I can literally draft a squad of 15 consisting of only overseas players and no English players and it sucks, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread