Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nope. It's just a controls remap, no change in function. Anything up is the same as hitting the 'longer' length button, anything down is the same as hitting the 'shorter' length button.

For pro, line is 100% controlled by the release point with the right stick push up. Length is multiple factors - you have the face buttons for general length zone, the 'aftertouch' to pick the fuller or shorter end of that zone as your target, then your release timing will 'spray' from where you aim. So perfect release will get your length near enough exactly where you aimed, while slightly earlier or later release will make it fuller or shorter respectively.
@MattW Thanx for the crisp and clear explanation regarding "Aftertouch" which was intriguing for many till now resulting in many assumptions for it...

It now clears the uncertainty regarding what it exactly does and moreover it is only for adjusting the length rather than "swing" which even I thought so till now...Lol
Thanx

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
@MattW This Weird Issue While chasing

Last Ball Issue cricket 22​

There is last ball issue While chasing , 49.4 showing 2 balls remaining 49.5 showing 2 ball remaining

Note : Ticket already created

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Pro controls are the 'Classic' controls. Standard batting became 'Arcade' batting, while arcade bowling is new.

It was just trying to clear things up, we had "standard" controls that were no longer the standard ones for bowling, and don't want to make people think 'Classic' means the Pro controls are 'old'.

---

Aftertouch for pro bowling is just length longer and shorter - you can press the old R1/L1 instead if you prefer, they do the same thing as pushing the left stick up or down. It is no more complex than that.
So what is with the left and right then? As it inevitably goes too wide and seems pointless trying to do anything.
Ahh k, thanks Matt. So if I have aftertouch at a 9 o'clock position would that be shorter. I've been assuming it altered line as well and not just length.
Sorry forgot you're ignoring me so a little pointless trying to ask?
Nope. It's just a controls remap, no change in function. Anything up is the same as hitting the 'longer' length button, anything down is the same as hitting the 'shorter' length button.

For pro, line is 100% controlled by the release point with the right stick push up. Length is multiple factors - you have the face buttons for general length zone, the 'aftertouch' to pick the fuller or shorter end of that zone as your target, then your release timing will 'spray' from where you aim. So perfect release will get your length near enough exactly where you aimed, while slightly earlier or later release will make it fuller or shorter respectively.
Spray meaning add left or right movement to the ball after it pitches or moves through the air?
Here I was thinking that putting it to 3/9 o'clock affected the swing lol, whoops
I did think the same but the question remains, why have they added the ability to put left and right into the control mapping. It just goes into the stand.
I was the same lol.
We probably all were.
Post automatically merged:

@MattW Thanx for the crisp and clear explanation regarding "Aftertouch" which was intriguing for many till now resulting in many assumptions for it...

It now clears the uncertainty regarding what it exactly does and moreover it is only for adjusting the length rather than "swing" which even I thought so till now...Lol
Thanx
Seriously though, there is not a clear explanation from the developers about this feature that they devised?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Can anyone answer this since I have not played this game in a while.. In Cricket 19 we had the draft mode. Is that something now available in C22? If yes, is it available in custom tournaments as well? CC @wasteyouryouth .. if you know?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Can anyone answer this since I have not played this game in a while.. In Cricket 19 we had the draft mode. Is that something now available in C22? If yes, is it available in custom tournaments as well? CC @wasteyouryouth .. if you know?
Been added, think it's still only there as a mode for The Hundred.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Been added, think it's still only there as a mode for The Hundred.
Atleast can get back into The Hundred.

@MattW - Is the draft mode going to be part of other custom tournaments?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
We Are missing perfect Yorkers in cricket 22 , Bigant should implement to do perfect yorker (that can be based on bowler confidence and stamina)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW - Is the draft mode going to be part of other custom tournaments?
Not planned, the draft is set up too specific to the needs of the hundred to be able to simply expand it to other tournaments - especially in a generic way.

Seriously though, there is not a clear explanation from the developers about this feature that they devised?
There's been a tutorial in game for Aftertouch since launch which explains the mechanic - the tutorial will explain aftertouch as per the control scheme you have selected. For pro it tells you quite clearly that the inputs are for longer/shorter length.

Spray meaning add left or right movement to the ball after it pitches or moves through the air?
It just is that the release point changes - so the ball gets pitched up or shorter based on exactly when you release the ball. 'Spray' just refering to that it's not something you control the exact amount of.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Hello Matthew w thank you and colleagues for your hard work you know online when i was onPS4 you can change the weather to cloudy overcast plus the temperature are u going to implement that in the other modes like play now competition career etc nd what about perks in career mode is that going to be updated just wondering and if u can back to me much appreciated

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
So having not played the game in months, I tried it out today and seems like some stuff has been improved but certain things like numbers 9/10 slogging everything out the park still exist, completely breaking the immersion of what had been a good match up until then....

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So having not played the game in months, I tried it out today and seems like some stuff has been improved but certain things like numbers 9/10 slogging everything out the park still exist, completely breaking the immersion of what had been a good match up until then....
You definitely on the latest patch I’ve played 4 tests since and 50 run rate and it’s gone pretty much how it should have done think highest score off number 10 batter was 15 and 9 was 25

Users who are viewing this thread