Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
The most recent patch may have set things back regarding the AI when it comes to fielding, but I really appreciate that the AI now advances down the pitch when you bowl to them. This allows the player to adapt and now potentially get more stumping chances.
Would this be of benefit to 'after touch'?
Post automatically merged:

This game is just getting so intolerable and boring.You never feel you are achieving anything by bowling or batting well.It seems the only way to get out or get somebody out is caught.Its near on impossible to get LBW or bowled with/against pace bowling whether batting or bowling unless played on.I have never even seen a stumping.The game is so scripted.
Have a fiddle with the sliders? Increas wicket chance and the other one? Sorry, can't remember.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
something ridiculous just happened. Super over between Dc and RCB
RCB needs 3 from 3 deliveries
Duplessis on strike
I bowled 3 slower balls / length just outside off and duplessi left all 3 balls alone to lose the match (AI Legend - Striker Timing 85 Wicket Chance 55)

WTF

cricboi

Club Captain
Had a great time doing a Hundred draft. The gameplay has been pretty fun. Still a few fielding things with guys just not going after a ball but overall it feels quite good.
However there is still a lot of ground to be made up on AI fieldsettings. It's not just that they still set dumber fields for left handed batters, but that they routinely bowl spinners with no one at deep behind. Basically means you can just sweep to 3rd man or fine leg at will.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Duplessis on strike
I bowled 3 slower balls / length just outside off and duplessi left all 3 balls alone to lose the match (AI Legend - Striker Timing 85 Wicket Chance 55)

WTF
Okay yes, agree that one is not a great strategy.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Duplessis on strike

WTF
"Improved AI behaviour"

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
"Improved AI behaviour"
Not sure this is an improvement to which format, but maybe situational awareness could be changed. During the second power play in T20 some teams just start smashing the ball around so I feel this should apply to a super over.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
What I would really like to see added to the game is to have the ability to highlight all layers when editing a logo. Makes it easier to manipulate and move it around. Not to mention a snapping mechanic as well when moving layers. It does become quite become time consuming to have a layer within a particular logo align properly with the master layer of said logo.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
This may have been brought up before but how do you keep the hard setting on physics, everytime I set it it keeps going back to medium. Cheers

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
This may have been brought up before but how do you keep the hard setting on physics, everytime I set it it keeps going back to medium. Cheers
I would think this may have to do with the save settings? But then If you have already selected a set difficulty it should stay that way for the saved setting?

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This game is now getting incredibly frustrating. Everytime I am in the creation suite editing something, whether its in Bat manager or Stadium manager, the game crashes and its happening frequently too.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This game is now getting incredibly frustrating. Everytime I am in the creation suite editing something, whether its in Bat manager or Stadium manager, the game crashes and its happening frequently too.
The only crashes I've had were in the stadium creator when assigning logos to the sightscreen. Although that happens intermittently.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The only crashes I've had were in the stadium creator when assigning logos to the sightscreen. Although that happens intermittently.
For me it happens when assigning logos to the adboards and on occasion, to the sightscreen. I thought the crashing issue was only exclusive to Stadium creator, but I've been encountering it in the bat manager as well.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I know I’m a Little Timmy so my opinion doesn’t matter but I’d just played two innings and a bit of a thoroughly enjoyable Test match then…

Four of my last five wickets in the second innings (Still two to take) have been my wicketkeeper throwing the ball at the stumps then the batsman leave the crease (After bails have fallen) and they’re given out. My bowler didn’t pick up the ball and hit the stumps or anything.

I know, I know, just get my ‘keeper to keep hold of the ball!

On PS4, first Test in a while but no probs in white ball since last patch.

Hester

County Cricketer
I know I’m a Little Timmy so my opinion doesn’t matter but I’d just played two innings and a bit of a thoroughly enjoyable Test match then…

Four of my last five wickets in the second innings (Still two to take) have been my wicketkeeper throwing the ball at the stumps then the batsman leave the crease (After bails have fallen) and they’re given out. My bowler didn’t pick up the ball and hit the stumps or anything.

I know, I know, just get my ‘keeper to keep hold of the ball!

On PS4, first Test in a while but no probs in white ball since last patch.
Sounds like a glitch fest to me.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
How will this game get fixed if those of us who submit tickets can’t be bothered too anymore?

How are we in a position where the batters are back to walking the wrong way to and from the crease?

I’ve come full circle from earlier games and think I’m going to stick to T10 because I can’t invest the effort/enjoyment that I just have in a Test match for it to be ruined by multiple ridiculous run outs. Even the fielding (I mean the diving) seemed to regress as the match wore on. It went from being the most real Test match that I’d played to just a load of nonsense!

Even the batting is just too easy. Admittedly I’m not on Legend or whatever the hardest is. I was gradually making Custom Difficulties harder but dropped to Hard (And all defaults) following improvements in the game. I think this was two patches ago and the suggestion on here was that the default run rate of 50 was now fine! Fiddling about again for this Test so was somewhere between Veteran and Legend (Physics made harder too) but once you get used to a few quicker ones it becomes Arcade again. Which is a shame because some of the drives I played were hugely satisfying. Level 4 out of 5 should be harder though.

I’ve stuck up for this game and asked for a few things to be corrected, got branded a Little Timmy (Possibly for a tongue cheek celebration of coloured towels or possibly for a perfectly reasonable suggestion)… can you tell? I’m hurting!

I’ve had so much fun on these games but the few hours I just put into a Test with all my own created players and kits wasn’t worth it…

Still, I’ll come back, create a team of some sort and go on some epic T10 World Tour!

Oh, and somebody just sent me a link to an old Graham Gooch game. It looked pretty good… if a little leg side dominant!

Users who are viewing this thread