Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Mr Snrub

International Coach
With those fielder dives, what's the want, that they are always perfect? Lots of feedback was that fielders would just basically be walls - stopping absolutely everything in their path perfectly, etc.

Maybe the balance isn't perfect in the other direction, but the improving that will need to know things like what their fielding skills are like, as those examples above are with edited teams, there are users who have down rated players, which would be a factor, among others.

Hi Matt. I'm in total agreement with Ken about these. These are just too frequent. What's the want? Here's what I'd imagine might work.

The player fielding should pretty close to never miss anything that's heading towards the centre of the fielders body or dive, nor anywhere 1m (perspective wise) either side. Outside of that, fielding stats could dictate the percentage chance of a miss. These examples of Ken's seem to indicate, as per my experience as well, that the ball is going very close to the direct centre of the players dive and that they should be stopped.

By the way, I can confirm it does happen with fielders that I've created with ground fielding stats in the area of 65-72 and most of their fielding stats are in this range. I have some with stats in the 72-74 area, but next to no 80's (unless it's Jonty Rhodes etc).

One of the things I try and keep in mind everytime I think of solutions for these issues, I often think "how can it be turned in into a game" after all that's what we're doing, playing a game. So, for those of us on semi-auto or manual fielding, what I'd suggest as a possibility is an option to be able to click or double click X or Triangle (Playstation) and that would trigger a successful dive (unless out of range obviously). It would take someone being absent minded (thus deserving a misfield) for it to get through. It could go in the settings as Fielding game on/off.

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Just played 1 Session in a test match,few positives I noticed,wicket keepers now seem fixed,AI batsman are now leaving the ball a lot more,and for me the best one AI batsmen are now hitting boundaries without slogging.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
With those fielder dives, what's the want, that they are always perfect? Lots of feedback was that fielders would just basically be walls - stopping absolutely everything in their path perfectly, etc.

Maybe the balance isn't perfect in the other direction, but the improving that will need to know things like what their fielding skills are like, as those examples above are with edited teams, there are users who have down rated players, which would be a factor, among others.
I've not played this iteration but when I tried a couple of patches before it was an annoyance to see a fielder chase the ball then start the dive animation when they'd cut it off by running.

I don't want them to only dive when it's a guaranteed stop but you don't want dives to cost you runs every time, dives should be contextual when the AI think there's a chance to get it

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Appreciate you trying to understand and help - im not having a pop, just pointing out things that may need more balancing.
I suppose the main thing for me is the difference between "still broken" and 'not improved enough', it's a fairly key difference in terms of knowing if people have seen the change and improvement but think it needs more, or if they think it genuinely hasn't changed at all - which is something I'd push back a bit on here.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Quick question that’s been bugging me on the cameras. What exactly is the Vs Bowling and Vs fielding camera option ?
In local multiplayer those cameras are used. VS as in versus - as opposed to online multiplayer or co-op multiplayer.

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
I suppose the main thing for me is the difference between "still broken" and 'not improved enough', it's a fairly key difference in terms of knowing if people have seen the change and improvement but think it needs more, or if they think it genuinely hasn't changed at all - which is something I'd push back a bit on here.
My review broken further frame rate drops crashes in ps5 and ps4 these issues were not there in earlier patch only fielding was the issue in last patch bounce is not realistic at all in hard pitches it's more then a tennis ball. Fielding needs more improvement.
Batsman playing shots in slow motion some times.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My review broken further frame rate drops crashes in ps5 and ps4 these issues were not there in earlier patch only fielding was the issue in last patch bounce is not realistic at all in hard pitches it's more then a tennis ball. Fielding needs more improvement.
Batsman playing shots in slow motion some times.
You haven't read a single word by Matt from the last few pages in terms of giving proper feedback.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

@MattW can you please consider fixing this for next patch? This camera issue was introduced when pyros were added.
Yes. I don’t actually like tagging Matt directly in my post as I don’t wanna bother him too much. But they have completely ignored my previous posts also about this serious issue. I have been talking about it since the last two patches and there has been no response.
This is not just a Cosmetic issue. This affects the match results especially the online matches.
(Now pls don’t remove the broadcast camera angle from the game as part of fixing i:)t)

On a related note: has anyone checked if the scoop shot issue has been fixed? In online matches , if you play a scoop shot the batter wont run and the non striker runs all the runs alone(doesn’t get added to the scorecard too)

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

Don’t make it always perfect. A lot of us like when they do midfield while diving. Makes it more realistic

Dan's leg spin

Club Captain
The game is still better than the last two additions combined. Batters advance down the wicket, fielders diving to cut off boundaries and in the ring, sometimes missing the ball.

Thing I'd like to see is AI appealing when the ball goes close to the edge of the bat and them sometimes being given. That was a good feature of the Bradman series.

angad

Chairman of Consent
If they have identified as an issue that was causing FPS drops then it is important to them fixing the issue. It may work fine for you. It may work fine for others. Some may not be so lucky.

I have a PC that runs anything at highest levels and the other day I had random FPS drops after an update.

This however is a prime example of how you can’t please everyone. I spend all week testing AI looking at how gameplay can be improved. Thinking about AI approaches and declarations.

I personally give a shit about a box showing the running between the wickets. I actually turn it off.

Some are clearly very passionate about it which is fair enough as well.

What he is referring to is the fact that they didn’t ‘fix’ the frame rate issue but rather changed the entire visual which some of us really liked.

Hopefully they can add it back as an option in the menu and allow us to choose whether we want the new visual (that improves the frame rates) or go back to the old one (and have low frame rates with it since apparently the issue cannot be fixed with the old visual)

Hope you don’t go back to praising everything since you are now on the beta testing team :).

Users who are viewing this thread