Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My Series X used to turn off too, but my Series S never had issues. Since the new patch came out, I went back to the Series X. I've played a number of sessions now, completing one 4 day test and have started another. Not had a crash yet, so crossing fingers it's fixed.

I've played a few matches since the latest patch & finally the crashing & C22 causing the Series X hardware shutdown has stopped. A very welcome fix indeed but it never should have taken this long to diagnose & fix an issue that could potentially damage hardware.

The game has also become more rounded in all areas as well but to those considering a purchase with Xbox, why buy it now when it's free on game pass anyway?

Nevertheless, damage well & truly done & it's just taken far too long to finally get to where we are now. I'll never pre-order BA again myself & a purchase will also be extremely unlikely within 4 months of anything they release in the future unless there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary that this whole scenario isn't playing out yet again.

C22 is actually looking pretty damn good now but sadly it's too late to restore the broken trust.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
After finally moving on from career mode (the only mode I’ve played since release) I’ve gone into an ashes series and after an enjoyable first innings in the first game (bowled them out under 150) I just can’t seem to take wickets with the fast bowlers.

In 180 overs between broad Anderson and archer ive now taken just 4 wickets I just can’t get my head around it. Wicket chance 50 timing 50 run rate 50.

Lots of near misses but hardly any edges or any sign of an lbw shout.

Anyone else struggling or struggled to take wickets with the quicks ? Any suggestions be appreciated

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
After finally moving on from career mode (the only mode I’ve played since release) I’ve gone into an ashes series and after an enjoyable first innings in the first game (bowled them out under 150) I just can’t seem to take wickets with the fast bowlers.

In 180 overs between broad Anderson and archer ive now taken just 4 wickets I just can’t get my head around it. Wicket chance 50 timing 50 run rate 50.

Lots of near misses but hardly any edges or any sign of an lbw shout.

Anyone else struggling or struggled to take wickets with the quicks ? Any suggestions be appreciated
I haven't really played since new patch but try
Timing 45
Wicket chance 55

That has given me some good tests before this patch. Also just to note that to properly test those settings you would need to play 2/3 matches. As I have noticed that on some games I might get 1-60 and the next game I'll get 4-85, I'm hoping it's pitch and other factors related as I use the same sort of strategy each game.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I haven't really played since new patch but try
Timing 45
Wicket chance 55

That has given me some good tests before this patch. Also just to note that to properly test those settings you would need to play 2/3 matches. As I have noticed that on some games I might get 1-60 and the next game I'll get 4-85, I'm hoping it's pitch and other factors related as I use the same sort of strategy each game.
Nice one mate will try adjust a little and give it a few games see if owt changes might just be my crap bowling but i don’t think it is I’ve literally taken 2 proper wickets the other few we’re just the batters smacking it for an easy catch

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Played 70 hours Career mode, using custom sliders. A little annoyed by lack of fielding competence or control over fielding. The AI dive-and-miss looks quite unrealistic (or maybe it's just me being annoyed at them for missing). The fact the bowler is frozen immediately after delivery drives me up the wall. Ball keeps getting popped up near bowler's head and no option to catch it. Also very unclear how to consistently aim for stumps or encourage fielders to aim for stumps for run-out chances. Fielders often have moment of staring at the ball before they start running. This is on semi-assisted.

Do you all use fully-assisted or manual?
Do the wicket-keepers ever go for stumping?

Also, I seem to rack up Fielding AP no matter what training or gameplay I do. I understand that currently there is no way to 'train' fielding, not that I would if I could, but my fielding being far higher than my batting or bowling purely due to free AP handed out for every action.

Granted I am finding bowling compelling, using 30/30/80/80 settings. Except in T20s where AI constantly moves across a 7th stump full delivery into a golf slog over deep square leg. (Run rate 50 seems to turn AI into godlike batsman to off-stump bowling... I think it interacts also with the match type and remaining overs.) Test match (run rate 20) / ODI (40) is a much better contest between batter and bowler.

In batting, I am slowly improving timing. (Biggest change was setting Pace/Spin Visual Speed to 70-80 for more realistic ball speed -- 0.5 seconds between release and crease -- no more waiting for some computerized timing window, just see ball hit ball.) Playing a lot of straight drives, the occasional lofted shot over extra cover, leaving balls well outside off. Average is slowly coming up. Next planning on learning how to hit Aggressive Grounded shots. (L2+R2?)

Commentary is mostly irrelevant or actively incorrect so I've turned it off, besides which I'm not playing matches which would have English commentary anyway. (Indian club level / domestic) One example is that often when the keeper has collected a wild delivery, they will incorrectly state it has gone to the boundary. Or saying "a tidy over" when I have allowed 20+ runs from it, because the last delivery was a dot ball.

It's clearly a good game as otherwise I would not be this invested in it fixing what doesn't work. Just feels like it needs that extra bit of polish to really shine.

As far as I can tell, 'Match Difficulty' option in the sliders only sets the sliders to emulate that particular difficulty. If you set the sliders yourself I don't think it should matter what the difficulty is set to. Can anyone confirm?
Interested in learning more about these sliders in general.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Wonder if you still need to re-skill players to have a realistic match, particularly in the shorter formats? Or have the patches ensured that this is no longer required?

Also wonder if there is a certain system or agreed standard for rating players. I did read the older discussions but most of it seemed to be nerfing player skills with judgement and power being taken down quite significantly. Which I assume doesn’t translate that well to a T20. I remember @blockerdave having a system in the previous game where the fifth block meant absolutely world-class and the fourth meant established international for instance. And then there’s always the old Ashes system where a user (can’t seem to remember their name) multiplied the batting average with 1.8 back when the skills were out of 100. Has someone come up with a system akin to that for the current game or do these older methods still work very well in this latest iteration? :)
I found something very similar to the last game to be honest. You need to avoid the last bits of the skill bar unless you want them to be a monster at that skill

sahil1087

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@MattW online game for PC is still not working after the Network update for proxy servers. Could you guys revert it back or something. No one is doing anything about it. This is the 5th day

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW online game for PC is still not working after the Network update for proxy servers. Could you guys revert it back or something. No one is doing anything about it. This is the 5th day
Yesterday was a public holiday here in Australia. Work is ongoing right now and there should be either an update or some news later today about a resolution. I don't have any extra info at this point however.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yesterday was a public holiday here in Australia. Work is ongoing right now and there should be either an update or some news later today about a resolution. I don't have any extra info at this point however.
Thank you so much for the update. Really appreciate it

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
finaly ..

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Hi @MattW, since you are here, just wanted to flag a quick bug report I filed about glitches caused by my excessive appealing: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...rt-thread-read-first-post.117995/post-3538092

Please convey my thanks to the team for continuing to work hard on the game, as a cricket fan we really deserve something great and glad to see committed devs.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've played a few matches since the latest patch & finally the crashing & C22 causing the Series X hardware shutdown has stopped. A very welcome fix indeed but it never should have taken this long to diagnose & fix an issue that could potentially damage hardware.

The game has also become more rounded in all areas as well but to those considering a purchase with Xbox, why buy it now when it's free on game pass anyway?

Nevertheless, damage well & truly done & it's just taken far too long to finally get to where we are now. I'll never pre-order BA again myself & a purchase will also be extremely unlikely within 4 months of anything they release in the future unless there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary that this whole scenario isn't playing out yet again.

C22 is actually looking pretty damn good now but sadly it's too late to restore the broken trust.
Oh for sure I have no trust in BA now. They took far too long to fix this and didn't even acknowledge the problem, obviously because they would have had to refund people and it would have got a lot of bad publicity.
The game is actually alright at the moment, albeit missing 90% of creation tools/assets.
As you say, damage done.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Oh for sure I have no trust in BA now. They took far too long to fix this and didn't even acknowledge the problem, obviously because they would have had to refund people and it would have got a lot of bad publicity.
The game is actually alright at the moment, albeit missing 90% of creation tools/assets.
As you say, damage done.
As someone who has probably used the creation tools on the last game more than anyone and made dozens of things on this game. I'd love to know what the 90% of things I'm missing out on are.

Hester

County Cricketer
As someone who has probably used the creation tools on the last game more than anyone and made dozens of things on this game. I'd love to know what the 90% of things I'm missing out on are.
Mainly referring to stadium creator. It's bare bones compared to c19.

Users who are viewing this thread