Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I assumed with all the white screens going about, they'd introduced fog, no? :laughter:
I wouldn't go on about the weather so much if it wasn't for Mike Merren's interview about this fantastic real-time based weather system - yet here we are again with no clouds for the entire duration of a test match - maybe it will be released as DLC at some point :thinking:

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
I wouldn't go on about the weather so much if it wasn't for Mike Merren's interview about this fantastic real-time based weather system - yet here we are again with no clouds for the entire duration of a test match - maybe it will be released as DLC at some point :thinking:
It doesn't need to have some fancy real-time based weather system. It could be done in a more improved version of what many older cricket games (from other developers) have had.

That could be like.
Being able to choose the season of the game/series/comp (Spring, Summer, Autumn - as they do now).
Being able to choose the weather (Sunny, Partial Cloud, Cloudy, Heavy Cloud etc).

How I'd want to handle rain.
Chance of Rain: (Duration Options - None, 0-10%, 5-15%, 10-20%) of match. These could fall anywhere in the range approximately.

If a rain option was selected, it could open one last selection.
Rain Limitation: (Options - No Limits, Not in last 20% of match (ODI or limited over), Not on the last day (TEST or multi-day matches) ). The last two could make sure it didn't just destroy matches, but could be tactical and interesting for those who like it as a possibility.

There's no doubt that there are people who'd like it introduced in the game, despite others seeing it as pointless. Talking about pointless, there used to be people who thought that about manual appealing before Big Ant brought it in.

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
It doesn't need to have some fancy real-time based weather system. It could be done in a more improved version of what many older cricket games (from other developers) have had.

That could be like.
Being able to choose the season of the game/series/comp (Spring, Summer, Autumn - as they do now).
Being able to choose the weather (Sunny, Partial Cloud, Cloudy, Heavy Cloud etc).

Chance of Rain: (Duration Options - None, 0-10%, 5-15%, 10-20%) of match. These could fall anywhere in the range approximately.

Rain Limitation: (Options - No Limits, Not in last 20% of match (ODI or limited over), Not on the last day (TEST or multi-day matches) ). The last could make sure it didn't just destroy matches, but could be tactical and interesting for those who like it as a possibility.

There's no doubt that there are people who'd like it introduced in the game, despite others seeing it as pointless. Talking about pointless, there used to be people who thought that about manual appealing before Big Ant brought it in.
Good suggestions - I agree some people do not see it as important, but it plays a huge part in tactics and provides an additional element to deal with - more so in longer versions of the game

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

That could be like.

Rain Limitation: (Options - No Limits, Not in last 20% of match (ODI or limited over), Not on the last day (TEST or multi-day matches) ). The last could make sure it didn't just destroy matches, but could be tactical and interesting for those who like it as a possibility.

Couldn't agree more. Rain interruptions should have been included in the game as it would affect some decisions taken. Maybe they could have included it as an optional thing for players to decide whether to turn it on or off. And yeah the current weather selection thing is kind of a rocket science for me.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Couldn't agree more. Rain interruptions should have been included in the game as it would affect some decisions taken. Maybe they could have included it as an optional thing for players to decide whether to turn it on or off. And yeah the current weather selection thing is kind of a rocket science for me.
Not a fan of the current system but you can go to settings and choose rain as "reduced" to have random cloud cover in your games.

One game could have a clear sky and the other could have overcast conditions.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Does anyone has any idea, when will newzealand and Ireland will receive their plafaces
Perhaps they will receive likenesses that a development team this side of 2010 can be proud of for the one year anniversary of release? Honestly they are some of the poorest quality efforts I've seen.

You could probably click a "randomize character" feature that some games have had a few dozen times and get players that look more like some of them. I've almost been tempted to send an email to New Zealand Cricket asking whether they gave the license to Big Ant for free, given the hilarious disregard, if not contempt for the license that's been shown.

Not having face-scans and other excuses go right out the window when you see what others have created with the rudimentary tools in the academy. They could've and should've done much better.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Not a fan of the current system but you can go to settings and choose rain as "reduced" to have random cloud cover in your games.

One game could have a clear sky and the other could have overcast conditions.
I usually set it to default - so does reduced then give you the chance of clouds over the course of a test match? I had no idea what reduced meant

Zxcvbn

School Cricketer
Can someone tell where is the save file for cricket 22 located for steam so academy data stats and settings are not lost?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I usually set it to default - so does reduced then give you the chance of clouds over the course of a test match? I had no idea what reduced meant
5 to 6 patches before Reduced perfectly worked but now it's not working and similar super sunny conditions and shadows always even after choosing "Spring/Reduced" weather. I have tested it many times.

Users who are viewing this thread