Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
I've been critical if this release but I've had some great fun with BA cricket games.

I'm still enjoying DB17 - although it is not quite as sophisticated as 22, the final version of DB17 is a more finished product. The human animations just seem more realistic with batters playing real cricket shot and fielding in a realistic way. I also love the retro elements and the more flexible stadium creator

I just hope BA will learn from the problems in 22 by looking at some of the strengths of earlier creations.

D

Deleted member 185125

I've been critical if this release but I've had some great fun with BA cricket games.

I'm still enjoying DB17 - although it is not quite as sophisticated as 22, the final version of DB17 is a more finished product. The human animations just seem more realistic with batters playing real cricket shot and fielding in a realistic way. I also love the retro elements and the more flexible stadium creator

I just hope BA will learn from the problems in 22 by looking at some of the strengths of earlier creations.
I don't think they recognise that there are problems in 22.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220619-121212.jpg
    Screenshot_20220619-121212.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 97

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Ross really needs to get some training on how to manage customer complaints. He comes across as very sarcastic and unpleasant at times and I'm sure he's not.
Ross shouldn't be doing this at all, it should be ran through his companies social media team. Ross being the face and voice of BAS is harming the studio as a whole

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Ross shouldn't be doing this at all, it should be ran through his companies social media team. Ross being the face and voice of BAS is harming the studio as a whole
Just checked the Cricket '22 Official Facebook Page - not updated since December 15th 2021. Yet the fans are the problem for bothering his twitter with questions.

Sadly, there seems to be no real understanding of why the audience do what they do.

Anyhow, I'm going to talk about something more positive. Here are 10 things I'd like to see improved (not in order of my priority) and I'm sure I've probably missed one or two more important ones. I'm playing on PS5, so frame-rate at nights doesn't concern me as much as it does others.

1. The slow pick-up animations of fielders.

2. The fielders who get in the way of a run-out attempt throws (the O button throws). These stop run-outs a lot. If it was just a throw to an end (X button) I'd understand more.

3. The academy having more variety of hair-styles for creating players, including various balding styles of different hair styles. A wider variety of eye types. The scale of eye size being more alterable (eye position r-stick up/down seeming to be the only thing and too small in difference). Having a bit more degree of aging effects rather than just crows feet. Grey hair colours that are more realistic and less stark, blue and clashy.

4. Some commentary fixes. It's crazy to hear that a ball has gone for 5 wides when it's a leading edge or a dot ball.

5. Caught and bowleds being introduced, or at least some method of accessing the bowler for fielding off his own bowling. I know it used to mean that it blocked a lot of straight drives, but surely for early, ok or late timing it could be introduced. Why not make the catching circle only come up if the player flicks the right stick towards the ball, either left, right or straight up?

6. For catches in general, it'd be nice to have a better method. Maybe the X in the circle sure, but why not something marginally more complex (X, then another button prompt pops up with a quicker timing window). The current situation is so basic and catches are never dropped. Unless of course you choose to skill an international player with a catching skill of 30 or something which I'm sure they'd never have at international level. Also cpu players don't ever drop catches (high above head or lower to the ground ones would be better possibilities to be considered harder chances and drop sometimes).

Maybe in a future version it'd be nice to see a CPU fielder charge in, dive and only catch these tough diving ones most of the time if their diving stats and catching stats average 85, players who're better than 70 on average might even miss these half the time but blocking them at times from going for four/six. There's definitely a lot of dynamism missing from catches compared to real cricket. It's the most poles apart from the real world thing in the game!

7. Some much better faces for the Ireland and New Zealand sides.

8. Competition mode fixes that mean you can choose a host country, month and season for the games, instead of just January.

9. Have the cpu sides bowl less wides! No-balls are not too bad, but wides including 5 wides are far too prevalent for top cricketers! Mostly when they bowl bouncers.

10. Stumpings. Make the keeper quicker in going for these. Enable an input by the bowler of an X for stumping the very moment the ball has reached the toes of the batsman, enabling a quick stumping if he misses.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just checked the Cricket '22 Official Facebook Page - not updated since December 15th 2021. Yet the fans are the problem for bothering his twitter with questions.

Sadly, there seems to be no real understanding of why the audience do what they do.

Anyhow, I'm going to talk about something more positive. Here are 10 things I'd like to see improved (not in order of my priority) and I'm sure I've probably missed one or two more important ones. I'm playing on PS5, so frame-rate at nights doesn't concern me as much as it does others.

1. The slow pick-up animations of fielders.

2. The fielders who get in the way of a run-out attempt throws (the O button throws). These stop run-outs a lot. If it was just a throw to an end (X button) I'd understand more.

3. The academy having more variety of hair-styles for creating players, including various balding styles of different hair styles. A wider variety of eye types. The scale of eye size being more alterable (eye position r-stick up/down seeming to be the only thing and too small in difference). Having a bit more degree of aging effects rather than just crows feet. Grey hair colours that are more realistic and less stark, blue and clashy.

4. Some commentary fixes. It's crazy to hear that a ball has gone for 5 wides when it's a leading edge or a dot ball.

5. Caught and bowleds being introduced, or at least some method of accessing the bowler for fielding off his own bowling. I know it used to mean that it blocked a lot of straight drives, but surely for early, ok or late timing it could be introduced. Why not make the catching circle only come up if the player flicks the right stick towards the ball, either left, right or straight up?

6. For catches in general, it'd be nice to have a better method. Maybe the X in the circle sure, but why not something marginally more complex (X, then another button prompt pops up with a quicker timing window). The current situation is so basic and catches are never dropped. Unless of course you choose to skill an international player with a catching skill of 30 or something which I'm sure they'd never have at international level. Also cpu players don't ever drop catches (high above head or lower to the ground ones would be better possibilities to be considered harder chances and drop sometimes).

Maybe in a future version it'd be nice to see a CPU fielder charge in, dive and only catch these tough diving ones most of the time if their diving stats and catching stats average 85, players who're better than 70 on average might even miss these half the time but blocking them at times from going for four/six. There's definitely a lot of dynamism missing from catches compared to real cricket. It's the most poles apart from the real world thing in the game!

7. Some much better faces for the Ireland and New Zealand sides.

8. Competition mode fixes that mean you can choose a host country, month and season for the games, instead of just January.

9. Have the cpu sides bowl less wides! No-balls are not too bad, but wides including 5 wides are far too prevalent for top cricketers! Mostly when they bowl bouncers.

10. Stumpings. Make the keeper quicker in going for these. Enable an input by the bowler of an X for stumping the very moment the ball has reached the toes of the batsman, enabling a quick stumping if he misses.
For me the stumpings would improve the game so much WK reaction time sped up would be nice as it’s still way off. Also I see the AI playing so many nice shots that we can’t play using pro controls (not sure about standard) like the switch shot and moving around the crease just before you hit the ball

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
For me the stumpings would improve the game so much WK reaction time sped up would be nice as it’s still way off. Also I see the AI playing so many nice shots that we can’t play using pro controls (not sure about standard) like the switch shot and moving around the crease just before you hit the ball
I hope they can tweak stumping reaction speed, of course it'd have to be pretty carefully changed. I'd imagine stumpings as being something that happens about once every 3 innings by a team and happening at most twice in an innings. So, of course they'd have to be careful to make sure that it's not tweaked to the extent that you'd get them running through half a team etc.

Caught and bowleds, well they're a bit more frequent in real life, maybe one every 15-20 wickets I suppose.

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My last question in this thread was a couple of months ago asking about others opinion on upgrading from Cricket 19 to Cricket 22.

Apart from the CEO not knowing how to answer customers (I do not think any CEO should answer customers directly), is it *now* a good upgrade from Cricket 19 to 22 or you guys think it is better to drop Cricket 22 and wait for something better than Cricket 19?

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
I think this thread is to discuss only how Ai playes in test match and stories of test matches humans played with ai and sliders settings and how people played in day 1 and day 5,dare anyone should not speak how to improve the game or bugs or you can get banned .
So these threads never helps in improving the game I feel few admins here are involved in making of the game so talking bugs of the game is insult for them as they could not provide quality.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I think this thread is to discuss only how Ai playes in test match and stories of test matches humans played with ai and sliders settings and how people played in day 1 and day 5,dare anyone should not speak how to improve the game or bugs or you can get banned .
So these threads never helps in improving the game I feel few admins here are involved in making of the game so talking bugs of the game is insult for them as they could not provide quality.
Oh, this is going to be a fun one to follow this afternoon :sweat:

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With all due respect, are you in the right place or are you being sarcastic?

Users who are viewing this thread