Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
I would say if the second patch today (to rectify the lighting) was released on steam today then consoles won't be far behind it just depends on how fast sony and microsoft approve those second patches.
it would be nice if they would communicate something. They didn't even release patch notes.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played just one T20 match today and one moment the fielding looked to be tweaked but the next ball grandpa fielders were back. I noticed a change in AI batting and bowling which is a positive. Maybe too soon to comment but had to share. I play on PC (Steam)

ChrisCol

School Cricketer
I was part way through a game playing on pc. I've noticed that today the LBWs have gone to pot. I overturned an LBW for one of the very few times ever, then twice in four overs I was plum LBW and the umpire didn't give it and they didn't challenge. That has never happened before.
Edit - now bowling I had an LBW given that was missing by miles - it was overturned after being challenged.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
So, last time people were complaining about there being no real presence from big ant on these forums, after a while of this building up, along came their new liaison person a month or so back. "Hello I'm the new Big Ant communication person, I'll be here around the site to be helpful etc, etc".

Though since then, they've had very little noticeable communication once again. So if we all keep talking about the lack of community engagement again, we can maybe hope for a 24-hour period where the magic communication person speaks again.

If you are out there, oh wondrous Big Ant Community Engagement person, I hate to bother you but is there going to be a patch coming soon putting us poor PS5 and Xbox sods back to the brighter days and almost bleached faces we had before? (It would be good to hope for better, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk a simple colour balancing after this last patch!)

If it were not much to ask, may we please have some patch notes so we know what you have done with the game? Or is that part of the wonderful guessing game we get to go alongside the main game?

It's a lot of fun talking to someone who may or may not be there, I suppose it must be a bit like praying. To the gods of cricket games. :p

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just a quick one on this - there was a need to push out an update to fully resolve some issues relating to online connectivity, essentially that our upstream provider for online matchmaking had required a change with short notice and we needed to update the game to be compatible with that.

As noticed, an unintended graphical change was included, and updates are rolling out again across platforms to resolve that asap - it's already live on some platforms.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just a quick one on this - there was a need to push out an update to fully resolve some issues relating to online connectivity, essentially that our upstream provider for online matchmaking had required a change with short notice and we needed to update the game to be compatible with that.

As noticed, an unintended graphical change was included, and updates are rolling out again across platforms to resolve that asap - it's already live on some platforms.
Hi Matt, thanks for the update. What about patch notes on what’s been changed or added? I’d love for some weather effective situations in the game to be included rather than it overcast and rains and no stoppage.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

Hi Mattw,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please let us know in advance when a patch comes? Some of us spent countless hours on online games and have test matches saved which cannot be played once a new patch comes.

Can anything be done on fielding? Fielding in online matches are terrible. Everytime the batsman defends it's a sure single without any risk. The bowler will simply jog to get the ball which is two feet away from him.

Mid on/mid off slowly collects the ball and lobs it back to bowler when there is a sure shot chance with a run out.

Balls hit in the air, the fielder will run till the position they can catch it and wait for the ball to go above their heads.

And close in and slips take superhuman catches where in real life fielders don't even get a chance to react to some of the similar shots. Please bring in a balance to this. It's been a year since the game released. It's terrible to think that even after paying premium we have to compromise on the basics of a game.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Mattw,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please let us know in advance when a patch comes? Some of us spent countless hours on online games and have test matches saved which cannot be played once a new patch comes.

Can anything be done on fielding? Fielding in online matches are terrible. Everytime the batsman defends it's a sure single without any risk. The bowler will simply jog to get the ball which is two feet away from him.

Mid on/mid off slowly collects the ball and lobs it back to bowler when there is a sure shot chance with a run out.

Balls hit in the air, the fielder will run till the position they can catch it and wait for the ball to go above their heads.

And close in and slips take superhuman catches where fielders don't even get a chance to react to some of the similar shots in real life. Please bring in a balance to this. It's been a year since the game released. It's terrible to think that even after paying premium we have to compromise on the basics of a game.
Talking about basics of the game.. one of the most ridiculous errors in the game is when a batter takes a single, fielder throws -- overthrow for 4 resulting in 5 runs... but the very next delivery instead of the nonstriker, the striker who took the single is again on strike. Sorry to sound like a broken record on this issue, but these are the very basics of the game.
You are literally changing the laws of the game here.

cricboi

Club Captain
Yes, I agree. It would be great to get some transparency on what has been fixed. Does the ball still pass through the bowler in career mode?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm assuming spinners are completely OP? I've done a bit of bowling, and it seems to be toned down slightly, but I'm not sure if it's me.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Something strange happened today. Usually, I have never had even one catch going to the first slip for fast bowlers. I usually leave the first slip open and bowl with 2/3/4 slips.
Funnily the edge went to where the first slip would be positioned and went for 4.
You guys ever had any catch taken at first slip while bowling?

Users who are viewing this thread