Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Mattw,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please let us know in advance when a patch comes? Some of us spent countless hours on online games and have test matches saved which cannot be played once a new patch comes.

Can anything be done on fielding? Fielding in online matches are terrible. Everytime the batsman defends it's a sure single without any risk. The bowler will simply jog to get the ball which is two feet away from him.

Mid on/mid off slowly collects the ball and lobs it back to bowler when there is a sure shot chance with a run out.

Balls hit in the air, the fielder will run till the position they can catch it and wait for the ball to go above their heads.

And close in and slips take superhuman catches where in real life fielders don't even get a chance to react to some of the similar shots. Please bring in a balance to this. It's been a year since the game released. It's terrible to think that even after paying premium we have to compromise on the basics of a game.
We can cry all we want and will not get feedback from Big Ant Support. It's becoming a trademark of them to leave their supporters in the dark.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Something strange happened today. Usually, I have never had even one catch going to the first slip for fast bowlers. I usually leave the first slip open and bowl with 2/3/4 slips.
Funnily the edge went to where the first slip would be positioned and went for 4.
You guys ever had any catch taken at first slip while bowling?

Extremely common issue unfortunately, that's not strange or odd by any means as far as C22 is concerned mate & it never has been. C22 seems to actively use gaps in the slip cordon as part of its ongoing terribly scripted course correction for the AI to actively score runs as required, rather than AI batters showing any fundamental skill or flare at the crease by actually enacting any one of the abundance of legitimate shots that are available. (Whether orthodox or unorthodox.)

However, place a 1st slip in and they're essentially useless, redundant & it simply becomes a completely wasted fielding position. BA have actually managed to make one of the most important fielding positions in cricket utterly worthless & pointless. (I've rarely had a 1st slip take a catch from a human bowler in C22, in fact, I can't actually remember one.) Previous BA cricket iterations were never such a ball ache & the concepts/physics actually worked reasonably well with all things considered, but the one true constant with C22 at least is its unfailing ability to disappoint & the question remains why can't they fix some of the most basic issues present?.)

Place slips at 2, 3, 4 or 5 (or a general mix thereof) & AI batters will routinely either get perfectly placed edges directly between the keeper & 2nd slip or other gaps in the cordon, or they'll play that ridiculous high risk late cut shot with slip fielders present that still somehow always gets perfectly guided between the keeper & 2nd slip as well.

Otherwise.... Batting still contains major faults, (the well documented & frequently raised lofted cut/late back foot cut off any spin bowler anywhere behind backward point to the third man region STILL hasn't ever been fixed in ANY patch since day one when it did originally work!! If attempted the ball still fails to get above head height just as the broken & since fixed cover drives & square drive/square cuts once did too resulting in an immediate catch at the inner circle or the ball directly slapping into the keepers gloves every single time. (Why oh why don't/can't they fix this & apparently actively ignore all reports of it????). Bowling has also retained some real problems with so many ongoing issues mainly based around the awful scripting where AI batters just routinely score by ever more farcical or comical means, & any signs of proper cricket shots just seem to come & then go with each patch. Fielding, (groan), it gets better only to then just take 3 steps back again with fixes being overlooked altogether from patch to patch & nobody seems to actually know what direction things are headed. (Other than the next patch may possibly contain some good, but you can also guarantee it'll come with some royal head scratchers too.)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ghraphics looks not good at all ..
Once the patches roll out it'll be fine again I reckon. This is on steam, I took earlier today playing:

1701380_20221001134441_1.png 1701380_20221001134517_1.png

Time is about 5:45 pm.

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
So, last time people were complaining about there being no real presence from big ant on these forums, after a while of this building up, along came their new liaison person a month or so back. "Hello I'm the new Big Ant communication person, I'll be here around the site to be helpful etc, etc".

Though since then, they've had very little noticeable communication once again. So if we all keep talking about the lack of community engagement again, we can maybe hope for a 24-hour period where the magic communication person speaks again.

If you are out there, oh wondrous Big Ant Community Engagement person, I hate to bother you but is there going to be a patch coming soon putting us poor PS5 and Xbox sods back to the brighter days and almost bleached faces we had before? (It would be good to hope for better, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk a simple colour balancing after this last patch!)

If it were not much to ask, may we please have some patch notes so we know what you have done with the game? Or is that part of the wonderful guessing game we get to go alongside the main game?

It's a lot of fun talking to someone who may or may not be there, I suppose it must be a bit like praying. To the gods of cricket games. :p

Yes, we are here. Unfortunately, my responsibilities are very varied across many things although many of you will see me online here, sometimes just reacting to posts or in the direct messages giving out replies when needed, and on many other platforms as well. I won't reply to everything but I certainly read everything that appears here and in many other threads.

Hi Mattw,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please let us know in advance when a patch comes? Some of us spent countless hours on online games and have test matches saved which cannot be played once a new patch comes.

We can certainly work on this. This patch as Matt said had some unexpected occurrences. Even during QA testing we never noticed this happening, but we did as fast as possible do more testing to see if we could get a very quick patch out to remedy what had occurred.

We can cry all we want and will not get feedback from Big Ant Support. It's becoming a trademark of them to leave their supporters in the dark.

We can only do so much. We have many projects in the works and we must give them all their required attention. As much as I would love to say Cricket is my focus, it would be a lie. It takes up the largest chunk of my week but we have more than one game we work on at a time. As well as only so much we can say about what we are working on. But if there are any issues please send in a support ticket. It is the quickest way to get my attention. But keep up the conversations here, many things I work on come directly from what is said here.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
I appreciate the candour from BA. I think we have long suspected the organisation doesn't have the resources to produce a properly tested product, hence the constant patching and dissatisfaction expressed here.

What particularly annoys is that good aspects of previous games or iterations ( AI padding away ball, better fielding, sensible bowling and field setting) disappear in later versions. It suggests the developers don't really fully understand the maths and coding behind what the have created - in which case these problems will continue.

Users who are viewing this thread