Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I'll have a chance to go through stuff bit later but be interesting if this is any different to what you get. Iv included every edge.
Great video. What settings did you use for AI?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

I'll have a chance to go through stuff bit later but be interesting if this is any different to what you get. Iv included every edge.
Tbf this video I’m watching looks pretty good and wickets look good not scripted obvs misses etc if you can throw your AI values up be much appreciated I’m currently playing timing 40 wicket chance 50 and run rate 50
On veteran for my ODI’s

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Tbf this video I’m watching looks pretty good and wickets look good not scripted obvs misses etc if you can throw your AI values up be much appreciated I’m currently playing timing 40 wicket chance 50 and run rate 50
On veteran for my ODI’s

Still testing a few values however this is what this video was..

AI Timing - 90 in general we want less scripted edges for 4.

Wicket Chance 40

Run Rate 50

Pitch Friction was at 20. This makes nicks (for whatever reason finer) so they look more genuine that the rockets that fly square.

Shot Power is down to 10

Still messing about with a few things. But it gave me roughly what I wanted. Organic feel. Ebb and Flow in run rates and wickets that felt genuine.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Still testing a few values however this is what this video was..

AI Timing - 90 in general we want less scripted edges for 4.

Wicket Chance 40

Run Rate 50

Pitch Friction was at 20. This makes nicks (for whatever reason finer) so they look more genuine that the rockets that fly square.

Shot Power is down to 10

Still messing about with a few things. But it gave me roughly what I wanted. Organic feel. Ebb and Flow in run rates and wickets that felt genuine.
Thank you I can see where I’ve been going wrong now I’ve been going opposite way and taking lots of wickets that feel scripted now I know why. Much appreciated for info

Hester

County Cricketer

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
3 run outs in the 1st innings. ouch!
All hail Dean Elgar's bowling though. Every time I play with SA, I have him come on as 2nd spinner and he always takes wickets. too many infact! I have to stop using him
Yeah I find that the runouts are too easy when you play on semi-assisted fielding. I changed to fully assisted after those 3 wickets. Only problems with fully assisted fielding is that the fielders respond a bit slower and allow more running between the wickets. I actually brought in Elgar into the attack because I couldn't break up a partnership and ran out of ideas. I can honestly say that all the wickets felt real and not the common bat pad wickets.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
@WealeyH. One odd thing I found is that both my test matches the AI and myself got bowled out for a very small total in the first innings. First match the AI made 98 in their first innings and 317 in their second. It is very similar to the one I posted today. Will see the results of my next test match, if it is similar totals. I leave the settings untouched until the third test is completed.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH. One odd thing I found is that both my test matches the AI and myself got bowled out for a very small total in the first innings. First match the AI made 98 in their first innings and 317 in their second. It is very similar to the one I posted today. Will see the results of my next test match, if it is similar totals. I leave the settings untouched until the third test is completed.

What was the pitch set up out of interest?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
@WealeyH your ODI setting for shot power of 10 seems a bit low. It is fine for grounded shots but struggle to get lofted shots over the in-fielders. Even with ideal timing, footwork and shot placement. Have you done any further testing with short formats?

Users who are viewing this thread