Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ricco_M

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really disappointing release and reception to this, I was expecting much more but ended up getting a refund. It sadly seems a wasted opportunity to build on the title.

I’m sure given their history BA will patch it up over the coming months to a decent version, but as seems to be the case with many others I'm leaving it until this is the achieved. Here’s hoping

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Have loaded up the ps4 version and went into the academy. Scrolled down gradually, looked at about a dozen players, then.... crash. Restarted the PS4, reloaded the game, tried the same thing... crashed again.

This fix something, break two more thing needs to stop and I wonder if Ross is kicking some asses yet!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have, I stopped posting bug reports and uninstalled the game. I'll come back to it some time next year. I'm just disappointed they felt the need to rush out an unfinished project purely to meet a deadline instead of just making a good quality product.

I also feel this whole accessibility angle for C22 has backfired, a lot of the regular players are just not receptive to the game.
I think I will do the same and wait for a few more patches before I try again. I did enjoy playing the ashes for a bit but I simply don't want to play as Australia or England. And I can't seem be able to access the academy.

Having said so given BA's history I don't think they had any ill intention releasing it like this. They knew it was unfinished and I believe they were contractually obligated to release this before the ashes and bbl whether the game was ready or not. Given how the world is now I am not surprised they haven't been able to finish the game. Unfortunately they are now in damage control and trying to patch out the game in a hurry and it's solving some issues while breaking something else.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I think I will do the same and wait for a few more patches before I try again. I did enjoy playing the ashes for a bit but I simply don't want to play as Australia or England. And I can't seem be able to access the academy.

Having said so given BA's history I don't think they had any ill intention releasing it like this. They knew it was unfinished and I believe they were contractually obligated to release this before the ashes and bbl whether the game was ready or not. Given how the world is now I am not surprised they haven't been able to finish the game. Unfortunately they are now in damage control and trying to patch out the game in a hurry and it's solving some issues while breaking something else.
Yeah I think the same in terms of being obligated to release. If that is the case, it may be time to review that. Because now, with the ashes a day away, their flagship is a bug ridden cluster. I won't harp on about it anymore, I don't want this to become a whinging cycle. I'll just observe from now on from a distance as to where the game is at.

Oh and fyi to people messaging me here, reddit and freaking steam, no I will not do your playface.

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Perfect timing for a new developer to announce that they are working on a Cricket Game.
Exactly what is needed is a competitor, Big Ant just needs a push now, a competitor would be perfect but I dont think any developer is working on a cricket game tho

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Folks,
Have a question for those of you who are on PS4... I was trying to find the version no. of Cricket 22 I've installed and this is the info I was able to find :-
1. Went to Settings->Credits and the Version id showing up for me is 'vLocal' under my psn id on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The version id is not showing up as '1.0.0.1.2' format or some such pattern.
2. I thought maybe I need to apply a patch so I went to PS4 home page and pressed Options button and selected 'Check for update' and the message I saw was "The installed application is latest version".
3. I then clicked Options button and selected 'Update history' and I saw the text "Version 1.02"
4. I also logged into community through the game and I was able to log in and able to search teams so I assume the version is the latest version else I wouldn't have been able to connect online or to the community.

Are you folks also seeing a similar version id and patch version for Cricket 22? The reason I'm asking is that I'm seeing all these posts about versions 1.05, 1.06 etc. while mine is showing up as 1.02. Do let me know.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Yeah I think the same in terms of being obligated to release. If that is the case, it may be time to review that. Because now, with the ashes a day away, their flagship is a bug ridden cluster. I won't harp on about it anymore, I don't want this to become a whinging cycle. I'll just observe from now on from a distance as to where the game is at.

Oh and fyi to people messaging me here, reddit and freaking steam, no I will not do your playface.

You missed one thing , This is Work from Home product ... covid is main culprit

1638843819460.png

Haych14

Club Captain
Have loaded up the ps4 version and went into the academy. Scrolled down gradually, looked at about a dozen players, then.... crash. Restarted the PS4, reloaded the game, tried the same thing... crashed again.

This fix something, break two more thing needs to stop and I wonder if Ross is kicking some asses yet!
Same happened with me on my PS5!! It's annoying

Haych14

Club Captain
So creating tools and advanced creation for the academy will be coming this week I assume! Finally

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-024115.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-024115.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 86

The_Pharoah

International Coach
It’s an over exaggeration. They do appeal but they certainly didn’t hit the stumps every time in my game.
They are already aware.
unfortunately it was for me. I'm an opener so a lot of my shots are blocks or little pushes that don't go past the infield. Every throw hits the stumps. Its been like this since DB14. They eased it off but, no iteration...same problem. Like noone QA's this game before release.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Can any one confirm if academy still not available for xbox?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So creating tools and advanced creation for the academy will be coming this week I assume! Finally
@MattW kind request do consider xbox users as well, seriously like me, many had pre-ordered the game with full amount a month before release date. Are we getting punishment for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread