Cricket 22: Stories, scorecards, screenshots, epic matches: (Share your most memorable moments | No videos)

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Found myself watching some 07 Ashes clips recently, so naturally I went about recreating the less so memorable tour to Australia, in the hope I could change our fortunes. Here are some snapshots up to now981AE9C6-6273-4F2E-A0E0-B579F2E70F76.jpeg5B5C06F9-9A17-4626-AC96-74B97E018AF9.jpegEC0389B5-6DC4-4CDB-8E8E-3D78C5764772.jpeg4C8F87F0-067A-49DF-BC82-EE075ECC54FA.jpeg6E5DA31C-05F3-4F0B-88CE-41FC6E7CAE7F.jpegE86BA4EE-57FB-48D1-97FD-16C64079E58E.jpeg922B5415-DF37-4855-9D5A-26CA983F5D32.jpeg

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Funnily enough, I've been dragged back in as well.

I went with the 1994/95 Ashes tour, using @Mouseydread's 90's England and Australia sides. I tried to replicate the line ups as much as I could. Think for the 1st test I only had 1 England player different (Devon Malcolm for Martin McCague) and Australia were spot on.

1st Test from the Gabba, which RL England lost by184 runs.

We lost the toss, but were asked to bat. Not a decision I agree with, but it is what it is. I let the AI do it for me, and England made a modest 273 that included a century from opener Alec Stewart. In future I think I'll bat as just one guy, but we'll see.

1672837181882.png

Rather annoyingly, Shane Warne only bowled 11 overs, compared to 18.3 for Tim May and 16.0 for Michael Bevan. Maybe they're saving him for the 2nd innings, eh? IRL, he took 8/71 in the 2nd innings, so I hope that doesn't happen lol

In reply, well, Australia are in a bit of a mess tbh.

1672837331189.png

Yorkshire's finest had both openers caught by Hick at 2nd slip using the new ball, with Taylor defending and Slats edging a cover drive.

Boon couldn't channel the power of his incredible tash as he stepped back to cut Tuffers through backward point to a ball that wasn't really wide enough, then Bevan did the classic glance to leg that doesn't connect for a nailed on LBW.

Daffy got the other, settling the latest bout of which is the better Waugh brother as Steve missed an inswinger and his poles went.

I wanted more from the AI, and I feel like I've got them turned up pretty high, but the wickets just feel a bit inevitable. I've turned them up further (and wicket chance down even more), and I guess we'll see if Healy and t'other Waugh can put me to the sword.

To be continued.....probably. Unless I go back to playing an unhealthy amount of Rainbow Six Siege like the last 6 months when I initially shelved the game ha

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

I went with the 1994/95 Ashes tour, using @Mouseydread's 90's England and Australia sides. I tried to replicate the line ups as much as I could. Think for the 1st test I only had 1 England player different (Devon Malcolm for Martin McCague) and Australia were spot on.

We lost the toss, but were asked to bat. Not a decision I agree with, but it is what it is. I let the AI do it for me, and England made a modest 273 that included a century from opener Alec Stewart. In future I think I'll bat as just one guy, but we'll see.

View attachment 274771

Rather annoyingly, Shane Warne only bowled 11 overs, compared to 18.3 for Tim May and 16.0 for Michael Bevan. Maybe they're saving him for the 2nd innings, eh? IRL, he took 8/71 in the 2nd innings, so I hope that doesn't happen lol

View attachment 274772

Yorkshire's finest had both openers caught by Hick at 2nd slip using the new ball, with Taylor defending and Slats edging a cover drive.

Boon couldn't channel the power of his incredible tash as he stepped back to cut Tuffers through backward point to a ball that wasn't really wide enough, then Bevan did the classic glance to leg that doesn't connect for a nailed on LBW.

Daffy got the other, settling the latest bout of which is the better Waugh brother as Steve missed an inswinger and his poles went.

I wanted more from the AI, and I feel like I've got them turned up pretty high, but the wickets just feel a bit inevitable. I've turned them up further (and wicket chance down even more), and I guess we'll see if Healy and t'other Waugh can put me to the sword.

To be continued.....probably. Unless I go back to playing an unhealthy amount of Rainbow Six Siege like the last 6 months when I initially shelved the game ha
The battle of wanting the AI to just be better! I done a bit of this in 19 and I’ve started doing it again; low wicket chance in the first 15 overs, then making it lower again after that point (new ball should get wickets etc) then I’ve also been picking random points, like 15 overs, 40, 60 etc and turning down the swing. Possibly worked as I took 6 in the first session then only 3 in the rest of the day, but that could just be the scripting

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

View attachment 274771

View attachment 274772

Doubt I'll finish this one tbh.

I bowled Australia out fairly comfortably with a 100 run or so lead. They were rubbish.

Graeme Hick then knocked a double hundred as England made it to an advantage of over 500 with about 2 days still to go.

So now the AI is facing a massive total after winning the toss and making themselves bat last.

I must have just got the sliders way off cos I wanted a game where I'd be the underdog and although I let the AI bat for me and I've only bowled, I've failed at that spectacularly.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I got dragged back in watching big bash and SA 20/20 league.

I have just picked 10 sides from different comps but made some custom line ups. I will post below, I tried to get as many of these players with play face as I could. Will be starting a 50 over league with my cousin playing the games against me most of time so little AI.

Punjab - M.Taylor (c), Guptil, KL, Ussie, Head, De Kock+, Stoinis, Warne, Pollock, Cummins, Ambrose - Bench is Shamsi, Siraj, Roy, Hope.

St Kitts - Rohit, Trescothic, Babar, C.Hooper, Border (c), Flintoff, Pollard, Carey+, Archer, Murali, Tait - Bench is Irfan Pathan, G.Swann, B.McMillian, I.Bishop

Barbados Royals - J.Butler+, S.Fleming (c), K.Mayers, D.Martyn, A.Symonds, Lehman, J.Holder, R.Jadeja, S.Bond, Hazelwood, Boult. Bench - Defreitis, P.Kirstin, Symcox, A.De Silva

Imperial Lions - S.Jayasuria, G.Gooch (c), J.Kallis, M.Clarke, M.Vaughan, G.Maxwell, N. Pooran+, S.Broad, A.Donald, Mustaq Ahmed, C.Walsh. Bench - Cullinan, Kartik, A.Cook, S.Doull.

Melbourne Stars - Sehwag, Atherton, S.Smith, G.Hick, S. Waugh (c), B.Haddin, Dre Russ, W.Akram, Zampa, Nortje, Harmison. Bench - Boje, C.McMillian, Cronje, Hales.

Renegades - Hayden, Faf, Bairstow+, Sachin(c), Afridi, C.White, Neesham, Rashid Khan, N.Lyon, D.Fleming, K.Richardson - Bench Kaspawickz, Slater, Labuschange, Amla

St Lucia Kings - Gilly, M.Waugh, Lara, KP, Bevan, Lynch, I. Harvey, B.Lee, M.Johnson, A.Hossein, D.Steyn. Bench - Reiffle, A.Rashid, Shaheen Afridi, A.Markram.

Lucknow - McCullum+, G.Smith ( c), Langer, Stokes, Ganguly, Katich, Ashwin, Bichel, Starc, C.Jordan, M.Wood. Bench- Rabada, Gatting, N.Hussain, Hasaranga.

Hollywood Dolphins - AB+, Gayle, Ponting, K.Williamson, M.Hussey, J.Rhodes, Laxman, DJ Bravo, Pearson, Vettori, Bumrah, Jimmy Anderson. Bench - Boucher, F.De Villies, S.Curran, Alec Stewart.

Karachi Lions - Warner, Gibbs, Kohli, S.Watson, J.Root, Wade, Cairns, Kumble, Gillespie, Morkle, McGrath. Bench - Sherwin Campbell, M.Ramprakash, Inzi , A.Caddick, Saqlain.

ImTheOnlyAstro

School Cricketer
Somerset Cricket Club County Cricket

Road To Championship Title

Record: ( 0 - 0 - 1 )

Round 1 Kent vs Somerset (Lost)

After Day 1 we had 18 wickets fall and 297 runs conceded

Kent were all bowled out for 204 on Day 1. It could have been far worse for Kent but with a Not Out half century knock from Jordan Cox 66* runs with 103 deliveries they have the upper hand against Somerset. Who find themselves troubled @
8/93 in their 1st innings at end of Day 1 trailing by 111 Runs

Goldsworthy NO 30* Runs
Brooks NO 1* Run

Day 2, 3 and 4

Somerset 1st innings
115 All Out

Kent 2nd innings
494 All Out

Kent Set Somerset Target 584 To win

In the end Kent won comfortable by 192 Runs

Attachments

• cricket 3.jpg
    cricket 3.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 8
  • cricket 1.jpg
    cricket 1.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 8
  • cricket.jpg
    cricket.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 7
  • ladder rd 1.jpg
    ladder rd 1.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 5
  • cicket somesert.jpg
    cicket somesert.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 5
  • cricket 2.jpg
    cricket 2.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Started the first match of India vs Australia Series in Pune ground.

I could not believe that i got the Australians out for 147 in 58 overs on Day 1. Thanks to Ashiwn and Siraj.

Though Ashwin picked 5 Wickets, I loved bowling with Siraj who got three wickets which were LBW dismissals.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 3.24.12 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 3.24.12 PM.jpeg

Reactions: DAP

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
In reply to 147, India Scored 187. Shuban Gill being the highest scorer and Hazelwood being the leading wicket taker.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-02 at 2.23.12 PM.jpeg

Trial by 40 runs, Australia replied with 290 runs with T. Head scoring 83 and Cummins scoring the Painful 43 runs. Siraj was excellent with the bowl taking 4 wickets and being the partnership breaker whenever required.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-02 at 2.28.34 PM.jpeg

Target of 251 is set for India.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
India won the first match of the series by 2 Wickets. Thanks to Bazball by Rohit and heroic innings by Ashiwn anna.

I loved the ebbs and flows of the match. Looking forward to the second match of the series in Delhi.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-02 at 2.23.11 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-02 at 2.23.11 PM.jpeg

Reactions: DAP

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Created 3 new grounds for the Scottish Team to have test matches in and invited Ireland for a test series.

1690907555940.png

It started at the Clydeside where Ireland won the toss and elected to bat and Josh Davey got off to a flyer. Scotland batted well enough to establish a decent lead with opener Jones getting 73 before McCollum became the first man to etch his name onto the honours board with a battling 123 to set Scotland a testing 100 runs to win their first ever test match. Old staged Kyle Coetzer Bazballed a 71* alongside the captain to see them home and put them 1-0 up in the series.

1690907702599.png

Onto Cathcart Queens where Ireland batted again first and batted poorly with Safyaan Sharif claiming the first ever 5fer and getting his name up first on the honours board. Scotland then got their first ever 400+ total with centuries for mcMullen and Munsey to join Sharif on the board. Harry Tector tried to get himself up there himself but couldn't manage it and Scotland claimed an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series and left Ireland to lick their wounds with an innings defeat.

1690907852004.png

Onto Shettleston Corner and the final match of the series. Scotland wobbled opening both their innings. In the first Matt Cross became the first name on the Shettleston honours board to take Scotland to a respectable 288 before Lorcan Tucker rallied the Irish to put them in touch with 206. A collapse either side of McMullen meant the Scots could only manage 182 and set Ireland 265 to win and they pulled it off with Balbirnie taking them to within a hundred and then a nerveless 72* by Dockrell to see them home by 2 wickets. A disappointing end to the series for Scotland but a great series win none the less.
1690908022532.png
Next up, a trip to Bangladesh for a three test series there.

Users who are viewing this thread