Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Talking about steam, They never offer more than 25% off. I remember AO Tennis 2 went for 50% off after an year of release and I bought that. If (at all) possible, we may find c24 on sale by June 24 on steam. However, I'm positive it won't go above 25%

I don't think Ross knows fully what is being tweaked in patches. He only broadly knows a few bugs are being addressed.
So he will never say what is going to be coming out in the next 2 weeks.
Plausible, however, I'm sure it wouldn't take a huge effort to simply call the game lead into a meeting and ask for the bullet list. At least it looks that simple in theory.

So after acting all high and mighty about how I wasn't going to buy it, I ended it up doing it. This turned out to be a particularly good weekend for gaming so I figured why not see for myself. On the whole I think it will eventually have better gameplay than 24. It is also insanely buggy and often makes it very challenging to access what it does well.

I should mention first that upon downloading, it took me FOUR tries to play a full innings without it crashing or having a bug so stupid I had to reset. In addition, NUMEROUS modes, including Competition and Team Manager, are very limited and in some cases unusable. Career mode looks very wonky . Random tests will just crash. In game, balls sit with no one running to get them. People still no look 360 scope the wickets. HOWEVER, if you care about playing tests that feel somewhat real, 24 might have what it takes to meaningful improve on 22.

Batting:
  • At times, the ball feels heavier coming off the bat which is good.
  • Sound is inconsistent, sometimes you get the “edge” sound even if you middle it.
  • Unfortunately the AI still doesn’t really know how to bowl to lefty batters. Anderson threw down 3 wides in his first over against Khawaja, all with only 2 fielders on the leg side. This is very disappointing when the game is called Ashes and you know there’s a 50% chance everyone’s first over will feature a lefty batter. They should just ban over the wicket bowling to lefties until its fixed.
  • Commentators keep on calling Ben Stokes, Pandya
  • Even on the hardest settings defending down the wrong line still lets you middle it if the balls hitting the wickets.
  • Spinners are challenging to hit (a good thing) but the ball doesn’t really turn.
  • Got LBW’d playing the wrong line and it ruled.
  • Batters get YBJ'd (stumped after wandering) even if you don't touch the controller. You can just hit circle all the time but it's dumb that I have to manually do it. Forgot about it 3 times and had to reset.
  • For a Test Experience, set it to hardest and remove the ball marker.
Bowling/Fielding
  • The fielding in the circle has improved. Weird stuff still happens at slips but the mid and cover positions feel engaged in the game and make more plays. In a test it makes you feel like you're building pressure and the AI doesn't cheese bs runs. Ocassionally your mid on takes the wrong angle but it's not so bad.
  • Outfielding is terrible and worse than 22 except that the ball gets picked up faster but only because there is a strange animation involved.
  • Sound for wickets is terrible. Sound in general is terrible. Announcers are somehow less responsive than 22.
  • Smoother transitions between fielding and bowling.
  • Only 1 run-out in an innings and it felt like one you might see in real life.
  • The ball does not spin at all and using and controlling line is weird/off. This is probably the worst thing at the moment.
  • Found it hard to find the top of off length with pacers even on a medium hard pitch. I thought maybe it was just me but the AI also had all their "good lengths" going way above off. I think maybe I can fix this in sliders but it'll be annoying.

Anyway, in terms of the normal things you would expect from a game you pay your money for it's woefully prepared and it's impossible to ignore all the game crashing wtf moments, but I do think there is a higher ceiling here for test gameplay down the road. It's that or I'm just brainwashing myself into it not feeling like a sucker.

Last edited:
Who’s this guy at Big Ant ? I had him bowling at me on career mode and umpiring at the same time. Last thing you want when games a mess is him and ross bowling at you then sending you on your way. I’m sure there faces weren’t in 22 player wise
View attachment 285070

They’re obviously the evil twins of the umpires.

They had done legend Sachin mocap and they missed to add on cricket 24 release buy why Ross, why did you missed an opportunity to sell high ooops

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_1015_203357.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_1015_203357.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 119
Sorry probably been said already but has anyone figured out how to get round the bug where every ball goes for 4 even if its defended or missed? I get it in career mode when i move up to county cricket. Is there a solution?

Sorry probably been said already but has anyone figured out how to get round the bug where every ball goes for 4 even if its defended or missed? I get it in career mode when i move up to county cricket. Is there a solution?
Wait for patch. The only solution mate I guess you’re on Xbox ?

So after acting all high and mighty about how I wasn't going to buy it, I ended it up doing it. This turned out to be a particularly good weekend for gaming so I figured why not see for myself. On the whole I think it will eventually have better gameplay than 24. It is also insanely buggy and often makes it very challenging to access what it does well.

I should mention first that upon downloading, it took me FOUR tries to play a full innings without it crashing or having a bug so stupid I had to reset. In addition, NUMEROUS modes, including Competition and Team Manager, are very limited and in some cases unusable. Career mode looks very wonky . Random tests will just crash. In game, balls sit with no one running to get them. People still no look 360 scope the wickets. HOWEVER, if you care about playing tests that feel somewhat real, 24 might have what it takes to meaningful improve on 22.

Batting:
  • At times, the ball feels heavier coming off the bat which is good.
  • Sound is inconsistent, sometimes you get the “edge” sound even if you middle it.
  • Unfortunately the AI still doesn’t really know how to bowl to lefty batters. Anderson threw down 3 wides in his first over against Khawaja, all with only 2 fielders on the leg side. This is very disappointing when the game is called Ashes and you know there’s a 50% chance everyone’s first over will feature a lefty batter. They should just ban over the wicket bowling to lefties until its fixed.
  • Commentators keep on calling Ben Stokes, Pandya
  • Even on the hardest settings defending down the wrong line still lets you middle it if the balls hitting the wickets.
  • Spinners are challenging to hit (a good thing) but the ball doesn’t really turn.
  • Got LBW’d playing the wrong line and it ruled.
  • Batters get YBJ'd (stumped after wandering) even if you don't touch the controller. You can just hit circle all the time but it's dumb that I have to manually do it. Forgot about it 3 times and had to reset.
  • For a Test Experience, set it to hardest and remove the ball marker.
Bowling/Fielding
  • The fielding in the circle has improved. Weird stuff still happens at slips but the mid and cover positions feel engaged in the game and make more plays. In a test it makes you feel like you're building pressure and the AI doesn't cheese bs runs. Ocassionally your mid on takes the wrong angle but it's not so bad.
  • Outfielding is terrible and worse than 22 except that the ball gets picked up faster but only because there is a strange animation involved.
  • Sound for wickets is terrible. Sound in general is terrible. Announcers are somehow less responsive than 22.
  • Smoother transitions between fielding and bowling.
  • Only 1 run-out in an innings and it felt like one you might see in real life.
  • The ball does not spin at all and using and controlling line is weird/off. This is probably the worst thing at the moment.
  • Found it hard to find the top of off length with pacers even on a medium hard pitch. I thought maybe it was just me but the AI also had all their "good lengths" going way above off. I think maybe I can fix this in sliders but it'll be annoying.

Anyway, in terms of the normal things you would expect from a game you pay your money for it's woefully prepared and it's impossible to ignore all the game crashing wtf moments, but I do think there is a higher ceiling here for test gameplay down the road. It's that or I'm just brainwashing myself into it not feeling like a sucker.

This review probably cements my decision for now. I can’t be bothered to spend time again tinkering with the game to try and get it to work or optimise it further for more realism/fun even if the gameplay is better.

Users who are viewing this thread