Cricket Academy Version 0.0.76 Discussion

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Maybe an optional Monthly reminder that there is a new "Get Best listing out ?

Meaning you can either Stick it out with your Day 1 Get best Squad , or on a Monthly basis update their sorry looking faces until after 6 months hitting perfection by way of constant voting from the community .

Just my quick , not well thought through suggestion . :)

Plotinus

Associate Captain
If they can be updated, as we go, I'm happy. It's not just the likeness, however, but also the abilities assigned and how that affects how they play. I've been so impressed with the efforts of some PC members on getting likenesses (and delighted with the tools that BA have provided for this), but how does likeness plus stats get objectively flagged as 'best'?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
They should just make sure this time about who`s work gets classified as "The Best"

Last time it wasnt really a true reflection .

It's an interesting and very valid point you make but I assume we'll always be at the mercy of the team ratings in determining Get Best. I'd be interested to know if BA have somehow tweaked this at all as it really didn't work that well last time round.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
as long as career mode teams aren't "locked" again I'd be quite happy to replace teams pretty regularly.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Getting back on the current Academy version discussion.. my game crashes a lot. I am really hoping we have atleast a bug fix update this Friday. The background selection always makes my game crash, hills/mountains. Especially the second option. Also still if we select none, either mountain(mostly) or hills pop up during playing training on ground mode.

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since updating I'm getting a lot of crashes in Stadium Creator. Is anyone else experience this?

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since updating I'm getting a lot of crashes in Stadium Creator. Is anyone else experience this?

Yeah, there's some known stability issues in the academy at the moment. Looking at a fix next Friday.

B

Bigby Wolf

Will there be update tomorrow? Or only twistie stream special @BigAntStudios
Screenshot_2016-11-03-20-39-27_1.jpg

D

Deleted member 9102

They should just make sure this time about who`s work gets classified as "The Best"

Last time it wasnt really a true reflection .
When I play a single match or tour/series then I'll usually tinker with those teams individually, look for the best likenesses and update the lineups... But there's no way I'll be doing that on day 1 for every team before I start playing career mode.

So while I've seen some people say you shouldn't just rely on "Get Best", the vast majority of us will, and using the default/fastest settings it offers. It's important to ensure it'll give quality results... In DBC14 I played career with Warwickshire and noticed in my first FC matches that one player would come out with blue pads on with their whites... Couldn't fix it so had to start a new career. Also the skills of players need to be consistent and relevant to the effects on gameplay - it won't be great for career mode if for example the users who made the Indian teams/players vastly overrated their skills compared to the users creating the English ones as it will mess with the rankings/difficulty.

Some sort of curation/community approved content could be a solution rather than only the overall ratings of all votes (where a hugely overrated Sachin etc will probably get the highest rating, not high quality content people have put a lot of work into).

Fantazm

County Cricketer
When I play a single match or tour/series then I'll usually tinker with those teams individually, look for the best likenesses and update the lineups... But there's no way I'll be doing that on day 1 for every team before I start playing career mode.

So while I've seen some people say you shouldn't just rely on "Get Best", the vast majority of us will, and using the default/fastest settings it offers. It's important to ensure it'll give quality results... In DBC14 I played career with Warwickshire and noticed in my first FC matches that one player would come out with blue pads on with their whites... Couldn't fix it so had to start a new career. Also the skills of players need to be consistent and relevant to the effects on gameplay - it won't be great for career mode if for example the users who made the Indian teams/players vastly overrated their skills compared to the users creating the English ones as it will mess with the rankings/difficulty.

Some sort of curation/community approved content could be a solution rather than only the overall ratings of all votes (where a hugely overrated Sachin etc will probably get the highest rating, not high quality content people have put a lot of work into).

This is why teams in career mode need to be editable :)

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I've said elsewhere that I'd like a 'Planet Cricket Approved' selection. Obviously not something I would expect to be in the game...but if there was some way of tagging players that people here have done such outstanding work on, it would be nice. My issue is also around Career Mode as I will be kicking that off straightaway and hoping not to have to restart it in order to make up for short-comings created by 'Get Best'. Hopefully, given the greater flexibility in DBC17, there will be opportunities to change players and line-ups during a career (though I can see reasons why this might not be the case). Having said that, after a few years in your career the domestic and international sides will start to get unknowns coming in from club sides...so by the time you make it into first class cricket, say, or international cricket, the game time could be 2020 or beyond rather than 2017...so I wouldn't expect to see international and first class sides being what they are in real life today. One of the things that I'm most looking forward to with DBC17 is seeing sides change rather than remain static.

Still, for non-career mode activity...it would be nice if we could rely on 'Get Best' being a good shortcut to hours of manual team building. Particularly with properly evaluated stats.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes I've said before it would be cool to have the academy available during your career, even if its a more rigid version. Just to edit things that come up in your game like pads being the wrong colour etc. You could be years into your career before you notice something with all the teams and players available this time.

Users who are viewing this thread