Cricket Bat Usage Amongst Top Players

Lucky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Everyone,

I am currently doing an assignment and I must argue the fact that Top International Cricket Players do not necessarily use their sponsored bat. I, myself know that most International players do not used their sponsored bats, but I will need information to back this up, and was hoping some people could help me. And by the way, I will be giving rep out to anyone who can help with this! (PLEASE NOTE: I won't be giving out Rep to just anyone unless I feel that they really do know anything regarding this or if they have really tried to help me!)

:cheers
Lucky

Short Leg

International Cricketer
Not sure what kind of infomation you are after but i do know that Bradbury bats which are made in West Australia and Laver and Wood bats that are made in New Zealand are the most commonly used in the world however they dont sponsor any cricketers. Obviously blokes like Mike Hussey chuck there own stickers on the bats and rake in sponsors cash. Here's an article from the Bradbury's that i thought was a good read.

http://www.middlepeg.com/bradburycricketnews.htm

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
MS Dhoni

see dhoni he first had used his sponsered bat BAS Vampire later on he had a Hero Honda Sticker at the back now he has a RBK sticker on it(both back and front)

Attachments

• mah0a.jpg
    mah0a.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 5,273
  • dh.JPG
    dh.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,277
  • dhoni-raise-bat.jpg
    dhoni-raise-bat.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

Lucky

International Cricketer
I just need some info to prove that international players do not use the bats that Kookaburra,Slazenger, Gray Nicolls, Puma etc make. To prove that they just use other bats with stickers on them. Thanks for the help so far though guys!
:cheers
Lucky

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Perhaps the shape of the bat? You noticed that Clarke didn't have a Slaz v900 as the shape was totally different.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well, at least in India, I don't think the sticker has anything to do with who makes the bat. The bats may even be custom made (doubtful, though--internet is the best resource). You can slap any old sticker on a bat. And in India, it is the sticker of your sponsor. So, when the bat says Reebok on it, I don't think it is actually a bat manufactured by Reebok.

dtrain

Club Cricketer
So Lucky, do you mean players that use a different brand to the one that sponsers them, or do you mean within the brand, a different bat like say using a Kookaburra Beast whilst being sponsered by the Kookaburra Belta?

Short Leg

International Cricketer
There is no way to prove that cricketers dont use sponsors bats. As Drewska said the shape is the only way of knowing. Clarkeys bat is an Impala.

Lucky

International Cricketer
dtrain said:
So Lucky, do you mean players that use a different brand to the one that sponsers them, or do you mean within the brand, a different bat like say using a Kookaburra Beast whilst being sponsered by the Kookaburra Belta?

I mean that the brand of bat that you see on TV, is not actually the bat the players are using. They just get payed to put those stickers on thier bats.

Short Leg said:
Clarkeys bat is an Impala.
How do you know it's an Impala?

Since their is no actual way of proving what bat they use, can anyone help me clear up what bat the player's really use?

RED is what I am unsure of GREEN is what I know they use

Matthew Hayden - GN Gladius
Simon Katich - Custom Bat?
Justin Langer - Real Kookaburra Belta
Ricky Ponting - Impala Redback
Damien Martyn - Laver and Wood
Michael Clarke - Impala???
Michael Hussey - ????
Shane Warne -????
Andrew Symonds - Real GN Predator
Brett Lee - Real Kookaburra Beast

Last edited:

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Not sure if it helps but i do know Tiger woods who as everyone knows is sponsored by Nike he never uses nike golfclubs and balls.

Short Leg

International Cricketer
Matty Hayden uses a Fusion, Martyn uses a Laver and Wood, Doubt Hussey uses a Kookaburra and Warney is strangly the most perticular about his bat. He has an exact weight and feel of his willow. Shame hes not that great at using them.

langerrox

International Coach
Katich doesn't use a predator he uses a different bat that has a wierd profile, Custom made probaly.. Symonds uses real GN Preds. The predator has a high middle and katichs has a low.

Attachments

• 56671349.jpg
    56671349.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,049

rickyp

International Coach
there was an interesting thing on about an australian bat maker (dont quote me) that makes impalas i think (once again, dont quote me) it was on during an innings break on channel 9 (.... dont quote me) and he was saying that he has players who use his bats with other stickers on it. Might wanna search channel 9 video for that one

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Who ever removed my post, and gave me bad reps, I don't care about that, let me tell they were just wrong, i was not spamming or having a laugh, i posted what i though. If you call that spamm, then every post must be spamm for you.

Users who are viewing this thread