Cricket in America

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Damn I hope they don't send 2nd string teams. I wanna see Dilshan, Sanga, Murali, Malinga, Vettori, Taylor, and hopefully (fingers crossed) Bond

Would have preferred an ODI if I were going. I mean, I'd be flying there just to see the match and nothing else, so I wouldn't want it to last only 4 hours...

However, T20 cricket is the way forward in the USA. It's the only format that is going to interest anyone in the US, at least when forming an initial impression.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
May seems a bit short notice to plan this but I'll look into it. What are the chances this will actually happen though?

And what's this about CL in NY?!

P

pcfan123

The chances of the NZ SL series happening is very good. The tour has basically been set up by Cricket NZ so its as official as it can get. The games will have Twenty20 International status and the ground is approved.

Dates should be released in a week or so, I am good friends with the Treasurer of USACA, I know him personally and he told me to look for tickets starting next week at dreamcricket.com

As for CL in NY, that is much more questionable. There is no ICC approved venue any where in the US outside of Ft Lauderdale.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Are you coming?

I said I were going ;).

I wish my graduation were a few weeks earlier. It could even be now. I mean, the second semester of your senior year doesn't count for ████.

P

pcfan123

The need ICC approval for the games to have Twenty20 status (the domestic one).

Im sure they will want that level of official approval from the ICC. Hopefully the grant Twenty20 and List A status to some of the NYC grounds then.

Either way we have a $70 million purpose built facility in Florida. Lets use it!

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Bond will be resting after IPL. But yes i really hope they send full team. my avatar and sig, those 2 really could turn it on. no joke

and CBS broadcasting it! :D is it tooo much to ask damn it? every 1 email CBS!! email the organizers and ask them to talk to CBS or Fox

P

pcfan123

No way will a National network broad cast that.

I highly doubt it will be broadcast and if it is it will probably be either online ESPN 360 or on ESPN2.

Don't count on that though, there has been absolutely no mention of television coverage.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
at least show clips on the Fox sports news!

MacLovin added 6 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

btw make sure you buy posters and get it signed

P

pcfan123

Nah I'm not into that kind of stuff, but I will take as many pictures as I can with my new SLR :)

I might try to get a picture with a player or talk to one.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Take PC signs. For all American cricket matches we should have at least one person present reppin' for this site.

We should set up a Barmyarmy esque clique going...

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Our chants would be extremely nerdy I imagine...

But yeah if I do happen to go my goal would be to sight see, take a billion pictures, enjoy the match and have a good time. Anything like meeting players or getting autographs would be a bonus.

P

pcfan123

Who cares, there have been many half arsed attempts at bringing cricket to the USA. All have failed because it was never official.

THis is an official ICC even, a real tour with real international matches. That is what makes this so unique and exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread