Cricket Revolution - How it works| Batting

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
I have posted this on Cricket revolution site while in Beta testing thought it will be of use if i post it here.

How It Works

Batting : There are totally 10 shots you have to remember that is the aggressive shots (without any extra key double tapping the direction).

To make this even easier to remember consider "up arrow" as back foot and "down arrow" as front foot.
Tap this once for the foot selection(except for sq. cut pull and sweep) then the second tap is for were you want to play the shot(placement) that's it you can master these 10 shots give it a try like this.

Then the single tap is easy to remember as they are the defensive shots and glaces.

push key(ctrl) - There are 6 shot this remember easily in that 10 buttons combo 2 are sweeps and in defensive shots the leg glance and 3rd man glance are included so we have only 6 shot combo just hold the "ctrl key" and play the combo.

slog key(alt) - It has 5 shots same as Push but except back foot push. consider this as a dance down wicket button so that you can remember you can't play the back foot shot here.

Loft key(shift) - it has 8 shots the thing missing from the 10 combo is the hook and back foot drive. consider that the only backfoot shot available in loft is lofted 3rd man glance(shift+ up then left).

This is simple once you played the game by this concept in mind you can play any ball with correct shot selection.

Now coming to the shot placement - Greatest feature of the game. Everyone complaining this but i feel its one of the best add on to the game.

Why everyone feels it difficult to place along the gap?
The first thing you should have a look at your player specialty.
There are three types Aggressive, Balanced and Defensive.

Aggressive - he can't place the ball in gaps as his range of shot placement is the lowest, so with him grab quick singles to rotate strike or just go for big shots.

Balanced - They have quiet reasonable shot placement with them you can find gaps easily. Try it in both extreme ends of the shot placement meter and see were the ball goes and determine his range. See that for the same shot the fielder runs for the ball for shot placement in one end and for the other end ball runs to him straight.

Defensive - They can place the ball nicely through the gaps the same concept applies here to.The shot placement range is highest for them.But don't go for big shots with them they may land on fielders hand.

Tips
- First try to get your batsman settle (i.e. pass level 1) then try risking shots.
To settle your batsman use Push shot because they produce less edge when compared.

Play the game once as i said you will feel the difference.

If you guys need tips about bowling i will post them too...

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This guide will make it whole lot easier for newcomers like myself to get familiar with the batting in this game. Thanks a lot for that.

P

pcfan123

Nice guide but this game did not do itself any favors by being keyboard only.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Nice guide but this game did not do itself any favors by being keyboard only.

The problem has been averted. But it would have been a real blow if it couldn't be mapped to a controller. I would never buy a keyboard-only game

Params7

International Cricketer
I think what makes batting kinda' tedious is the placement in the shots you're playing. Already there's like 100 combinations of shots (which you will only begin to get a hang off the more and more you practice) then there's the placement (by going up and down on the gray blips besides the radar before you play the shot) that you also have to decide if you want to find gaps. In Ashes 09, there's was a shadow on the radar you could control with the arrows to find your placement, this game makes it twice as complicated but twice as more realistic too. Its all about practicing for now.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
pack your side with defensive batsman and have fun.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
It honestly took me about an hour to memorize all the shots. All I did was the little tutorial things in the nets, then played free form for about an hour, at level 1 (batsman) and changing the bowlers, once I got the hang off them. I went from Fast to Medium to Spin and then back to fast. Just do this for an hour, and you will come out a much better player.

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
Thanks for the response to this guide tomorrow i will post the bowling guide....

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Btw, to add to this, guys who are having timing problems, this can help for normal balls...

Try and play your shot against fast bowlers just as it leaves their hand, this is for any ball where the bowling marker is red. Delay this by about a quarter to half a second if the bowling marker is orange.

Against spin bowlers, play your shot when the ball would normally bounce on a good length. This is for when the bowling marker is yellow, play it a little faster faster if its the spinner's fastest ball. This works for mediums too. Just a tiny bit faster than is stated for spinners. Again, a lot depends on the colour of the bowling marker.

Pretty obvious, but just pointing it out to guys who haven't figured it out. My first post here :banana2 .

Users who are viewing this thread