Cricket Revolution Official Review

ramiz_fahad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
last time while playing online 1 member of CR come online.while playing i ask but next gen game .so he said ,they thought but 1st they decid to solvd the hosting n ping problim,n releasd in dvd.when game run gud then they start working on cr2,

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Says >9000, but you can register an account without having the game.

Yup, so I would assume atleast a thousand of those registered don't have the game.

Has the boxed version even shipped yet, anyway?

Plus, piracy would've cut out a few million sales.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Has the boxed version even shipped yet, anyway?
Yes, but there's limited if any retail distribution. Considering even Cricket Coach got in mainstream stores, I can't have thought it would be too hard.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yup. But I meant the ones which you order online.

I reckon if this was released in stores, it would have atleast made a decent profit. IMO young kids would like this sort of game, what with the special deliveries and the whole arcadey feel. But do any young kids even know what Steam is? I suppose they think of it as water vapour, but they for sure don't know of it as a digital game distribution tool.

sabeng

School Cricketer
the best game play in cricket game i have ever played(i have played cricket games from 97 till now).

amit_mangal30

School Cricketer
I am quite new to the game (25-30 matches), but I beg to differ with the review a lot here. I think this is a serious attempt on understanding the game and designing a gameplay around it. I was out for less than 10 in my first game coz I went about the Cricket07 way and it does takes some time to get a hang on things, but then cricket is a complicated game and if we may realize, a lot many rules to teach to people who don't know about it.

The game does lack a few things you mentioned like the team rosters, the graphics update, the timing meter, the online gameplay time lag, etc. But they can eventually improve with patches. And noticeably more, unlike other games (EA Cricket, ashes), I have more enjoyed bowling in this game than batting. It's a lot more strategic and some wickets really give you that feel of getting the batsman out (with a slower bouncer or a 'doosra', though they dont work all the time, and that is the best part).

"You basically either get it or you don't and like me, if you can't get it right you will end up frustrated." - I suppose you wrote this review after this experience of your. I am sure it will change after a few games.

cheers
amit

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I got to know this game well, and it was terrible after a good play of the game, even easier than Ashes and BLIC.

P

pcfan123

This game is garbage and not even worth 99 cents or buying a Pepsi to get it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread