Cricket Street

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Cricketman93 said:
When they have street basketball, why not street cricket?
This would ROCK. Rubber/tennis ball.........hit cars, break windows ect your out. A brick as the stumps, or a wall, and only 1 batsman at a time. Fights in the field, no umps taunts ect ect. Awesome!
Auto keeper!

lloydc27

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
no umpire how would you settle lbw? a candlestick or free wicket :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I think it would be nice like hit in someone's house and the group has to buy a new ball and instead of stadiums we can have names like Uncle Peter's house, That street etc. :p

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
lloydc27 said:

haha, simple...the bowler and fielders decide ;) if anything hits your legs and is mildly close im afraid you're out :p

tassietiger

International Cricketer
lloydc27 said:
We've got a "No LBW in backyard cricket" rule that is always said by the batsman immediately after it hits his legs, as he realises just as much as the bowler how plumb he must look. Solves about 5% of the disputes.

You should only be able to control one player in this game, so you can be batting, bowling or fielding (you're not always the one bowling). Therefore, if you want to have a bowl, you have to wait until the bowler has bowled about 10 or 11 balls, and say "Two more!" to the bowler to make him finish his over after bowling two more balls and the classic "Just one more, I'll get him out" ball.

If you time the "Two more!" call badly, and say it when the bowler has only had about 8 balls, you will get a very shortened over, as the bowler will be counting every single ball and making sure that you end your over after 6 balls. If you say it too late, then the bowler will just keep going and not tell anyone.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I play without LBW's unless they are absolutely plumb.
And I like the one player idea, except it is a 6 balls over per player...
How can Street Cricket be a bad idea? Seems great.
Control one player
Bat, bowl and field. Even keep wicket for a few balls.
Cool animations and funny shots
Break stuff
Have unlockable international players so they will play alongside you (Such as Binga Brett Lee or Dhoni and all).
No pace bowling, just spin or underam lobs. Control the spin and where to pitch the ball.
Hit's the fence/roof/wall/tree is six. Over is out, and you have to fetch the ball (Fun minigame, where you have to climb a tree or run away from a dog or search for the ball in a pile of rubbish...)
Option to have running runs or now running runs. No running runs works as if the ball goes past a particular point or hits a certain object, you get a certain amount of runs for it.
Wide rule could be a re-ball or +2 to the batter an no re-ball
Option to play a XI a side in a large parking lot.
Multiplayer mode?

Yeah, I'm liking this idea more and more...

Lattimorx

School Cricketer
tassietiger said:
You should only be able to control one player in this game, so you can be batting, bowling or fielding (you're not always the one bowling). Therefore, if you want to have a bowl, you have to wait until the bowler has bowled about 10 or 11 balls, and say "Two more!" to the bowler to make him finish his over after bowling two more balls and the classic "Just one more, I'll get him out" ball.

If you time the "Two more!" call badly, and say it when the bowler has only had about 8 balls, you will get a very shortened over, as the bowler will be counting every single ball and making sure that you end your over after 6 balls. If you say it too late, then the bowler will just keep going and not tell anyone.

This is an excellent idea. It's all about tactics and you can really do anything. There'd need to be many options for bowling (e. overarm, underarm), type of ball, setting (as in where the match is played), batting and tricks, disputes (no umpire remember) and the famous six and out rule.

My feeling is that this could be very well implemented on the wii as very few people seem to worry about seam/swing/spin even if they say they do.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Harrypotter_fan said:
can someone contact EA about this?
would be gr8
I would prefer EA Sports to get conventional cricket half right before they move on to novelty versions!

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, definately, either way, I do not think the market is great enough for such a game.

afreedee

Club Cricketer
yeah! would definitely be fun. and you can smash windows, lose the ball if you hit it over a wall, jump into a fight over whether its out lbw or not, and start flinging bat at fieleers if you think youre not run out! cool idea but an idea is probably all it'll be (for now anyway)

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
If you complete the game, you get unlockables like FIFA Street:

Legends team (Lillee, Waqar Younis, Warne)
New bats, play with a tennis racket :)
New stadiums (Uncle Al's Garden, The Field, a dump)

Outlander

Club Cricketer
i am making a type of cricket street game. check the cricket game develepment forum

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I think a beach cricket would be more likely than a street cricket. Even then I would think it will take some kind of Cricket game made with the Valve Hl2 engine thus allowing a top quality mod for it to actually happen. No actual developer would currently consider it financially viable, it would almost definately have to be a homebrew game.

Users who are viewing this thread