Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Discuss Cristiano Ronaldo the greatest thing on the planet at the moment

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Read the PC Mag when it comes out..I wrote a really high quality article on him....Back on topic. Ronaldo is the best player on the planet at the moment.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I would say he was the best thing on the planet actually. Can't think of anything better. Viva Ronaldo.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I believe Ronaldo can eclipse George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton, Denis Law as the greatest ever United player

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think so! Ronaldhino, to me, was/is one of the most overrated footballers in the world.

To me, he is definitely the most overrated footballer in the world. A few years ago he was brilliant, still overrated but brilliant. Now everyone still thinks he is one of the best in the world even though he isn't starting week in week out in the Barca team.

Man Utd are lucky to have Ronaldo. They are not the best team in the world and he might go to a better club like Barca

I don't who, who is the best team in the world then? Not many teams can come close to Manchester United at the moment and Barca are just attack, attack attack. They even put Henry/Eto'o on the wings alot of the time!

PhilD123

International Coach
Ronaldinho of 2 years ago is better than Cristiano Ronaldo of now.

I don't think so! Ronaldhino, to me, was/is one of the most overrated footballers in the world.
I agree with Lee, he looked great with all the skill, but he scored nowhere near as many goals as Ronaldo. I really wouldn't want him to come to United now, which luckily he isn't going to. Ronaldo's kept it going for 2 seasons now, I think some people forget how good he was last season as well, people didn't think he could improve this season.

Man Utd are lucky to have Ronaldo. They are not the best team in the world and he might go to a better club like Barca
Personally, I'd say United are better than Barcelona. Barca aren't even top in their own league and as Jaz says, Barcelona are frail at the back, while we're good going forward and at the back. And as for worldwide appeal, I think only Real Madrid can rival us on that count.

Its a joy to watch him, he just gets better every time you see him. He's scored in his last 7 games and 38 in one season with plenty of games still to go is incredible. It's starting to look like he could actually beat Denis Law's record of 46. The variety of his goals is stunning too, from swirving free kicks, to goals like the one against Everton at home (ie from outside the box), and he scores tap-ins too. He doesn't just score at home like some Premiership players.

Best footballer on the planet. Viva Ronaldo.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest footballer I have ever seen in my lifetime. My Dad says that he probably is the best he has ever seen too, although Johan Cruyff of Holland and Ajax came close, but was far less consistent. And as for Ronalinho, he isn't in the same class as Ronaldo, even at his best, Ronaldinho was only good for about 5 matches, bad for 1 and back to his best again, but Ronaldo is good in every game he plays, and hes a delight to watch as well, and I can only see him getting better, and when was the last time he got injured? Exactly. Kaka has been injured quite a few times this season at AC Milan and Ronaldinho's season is over because of injury and he looks set to leave for AC in the summer. Manchester Utd have every right to call themsleves the best team in the world at the moment, as I think they'll stroll the league which everybody believes to be the best in the world and in my opinions, they are the favourites for the Champions League too, as Barcelona could only manage 2 goals in 2 games against Schalke, so I don't think they'll be as tough as we think, but we'll see about that. But in my opinion, Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest footballer that has ever lived, as the standard now is a lot better than 30-40 years ago when the likes of Eusebio, Pele and Cruyff were playing. And also, to get that many goals coming in off teh wing, is quite amazing. And hes got no weaknesses. Hes strong, quick, tall, got an absolutely unbelievable pair of feet and he is one of the best players in this league in the air too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread