Da Vinci Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone been to see the film of this yet? Is it good? Ive seen trailers and thought I saw something I didnt really remember from the book so its the film true to the book?

I have read the book twice after only getting it recently and really enjoyed it and some of the stuff in it really makes you think. I really had to read it twice though because of some of the twists at the end changed one of the characters completly I just had to read it again knowing what I found out at the end!

JamesyJames3

International Coach
My God, Scoucers reading books? Whats next? Scoucers working?

Anyway, on topic. Can anybody give me a brief run through of what this is actually about. Like the blurb on the back of the book. It looks interesting, but I want a bit of background knowledge before going to see the movie...

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
My friends have watched it and they said that it is nothing like the book.

They probably tried to turn it into too much of an action movie but I haven't seen it yet. It probably will be like Harry Potter and will miss a lot of important scenes.

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
The movie was ok but it was no where close to the book

Cricket_60

International Coach
Must depend on what part of the world your in. In Perth people are saying it's great. 3 of my friends have seen it and said it's awesome.

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the trailer looks great but reviews are shocking....

Bala

International Coach
Having read the book, I can safely say that the excitement and thrill came from the detailed description of th scenarios and locations, like the different churches. Whereas you just can't show this in screen. So they necesarily have to go for action scenes.

Anyway, I am not going to watch the movie. I did a great blunder in watching the first 2 of Harry Potter. :mad

James219

International Cricketer
Well, it's the film making crew's job to summarize the elements present in the book and to then represent them on the screen. It's not an easy job, and a movie lasting over ten hours would be pretty stupid. Also, a little weird that there was another thread on this, and due to its religious context, was closed...
I've never read the book, it looks interesting, but the anticipation to the film's been so massive, that it's become comical. Didn't the Anglican church spend $50,000 in a campaign to debunk the ideas raised in the film? In turn, they've just created increased public interest, and surely they could've funded some other organisation with that money- take, for example, something that would actually help people, that being the fundamental belief of the church....

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Just to confirm that the other thread was closed due to it explicity being about the controversy over the novel/movie, and because the member who started it was promoting piracy. Either of those things happen again, and this will also be closed.

Ritwik

co-founder
The film's got horrible reviews at its premiere at the Cannes film festival. Apparently the audience started laughing in the climactic scene when they were supposed to be shocked.

So it seems that the film maker has been unable to translate the quality of the book to the big screen.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
yeah, the general view is that its one big poop! :eek:

Actually, all book translations I have ever seems are a one big POOP!!!

the Da Vinci Code was a amzing book, picture bad.
LOTR triology was a super book, pictures- worse.

and then few good men, enemies behind lines(?) and many more which just don't come to par.
and the biggest remorse, harry Potter series.Simply amazing, how much can a director mess with a beautiful storyline.:(

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
JamesyJames3 said:
My God, Scoucers reading books? Whats next? Scoucers working?

Anyway, on topic. Can anybody give me a brief run through of what this is actually about. Like the blurb on the back of the book. It looks interesting, but I want a bit of background knowledge before going to see the movie...
From what I've heard and read about the movie, you'd be better off reading the book. And before you go on telling me about how much you hate reading, let me tell you this, my sister even hates reading comic strips, yet she finished the book in two weeks.

Ste said:
Has anyone been to see the film of this yet? Is it good? Ive seen trailers and thought I saw something I didnt really remember from the book so its the film true to the book?

I have read the book twice after only getting it recently and really enjoyed it and some of the stuff in it really makes you think. I really had to read it twice though because of some of the twists at the end changed one of the characters completly I just had to read it again knowing what I found out at the end!
Have you read any other books by Brown?

Bala

International Coach
Have read all 4! Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress and Deception Point. Angels and Demons was pretty good IMO. But you can easily guess whos good and whos the villain in all the 4 books. Pretty easy and predictable, I should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread